L4W Discussion Thread IV

renau1g

First Post
New Errata is out. http://wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMar2010.pdf

Strength based clerics just got hit so don't feel bad Healics - Righteous Brand is now only +3 rather than Str Mod bonus to hit.

Blood Pulse has been hit.

Orb of Imposition has been updated (AWESOME!)

Lasting Frost also

Salve's of Power are less abusive (encounter powers vs. Dailies)

Implement/Weapon Expertise are now Feat Bonuses (not that it really affects us here)

Small hit to Pacifist Healer:

In the last sentence of the feat, replace “whenever you deal damage to a bloodied enemy” with “whenever you hit or miss a bloodied enemy and deal damage to it.” The previous text included ongoing damage and other damaging effects. This correction clarifies the intent.

Hide Armor Expertise also has been nerfed big time! Replace the feat’s Benefit entry with the following text: “While wearing hide armor, you can
gain a +2 bonus to AC instead of using your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.”

Student of Caiphon abuse has been corrected, now only applies to that classes powers

Winged Horde had been updated as has Frost of Letherna (both Dragon 381 spells)

I think that's the major ones. Please ensure that your PC's are properly updated.

Velmont

First Post
New Errata is out. http://wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMar2010.pdf

Strength based clerics just got hit so don't feel bad Healics - Righteous Brand is now only +3 rather than Str Mod bonus to hit.

That was about time. It was obvious it was too strong for an at-will. But I would have predicted a +2 and not a +3.

Hide Armor Expertise also has been nerfed big time! Replace the feat’s Benefit entry with the following text: “While wearing hide armor, you can
gain a +2 bonus to AC instead of using your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.”

Ouch!

Oni

First Post
Yay, Shaman's got a nice little boost to their action economy. If I'm reading it right spirit companions can now move anywhere within bust 20 as a minor action since you don't have to use an extra minor to dismiss them first before summoning again. :)

evilbob

Explorer
Wow! Huge hit to wizards... :( Orbs, cunning weapons, winged horde, blood pulse - I'm so sad that I never got to use the Blood Pulse/Elemental Maw combo before it was nerfed! :) So I guess they suddenly decided, years after release, that maybe massive stacking penalties to saves was bad? Who could have clued them into such a thing?!?!?! It does completely ruin a large number of wizard builds, though. THEY HIT THE STAFF OF RUIN TOO!? /cry

Wow, Divine Miracle took a HUGE hit - now you just get 1 encounter recharge instead of an infinite amount? That's pretty crazy...

To me, though, the Salve of Power just got way more powerful. "An encounter attack power" means that for the throw-away cost of one level 10 consumable and a healing surge, you can recharge your level 27 encounter power (barbarian, looking at you). Um, yes?

OH NO! POTION OF CLARITY HAS DIED, TOO!?!?! (Or did that become a constant-use-but-oops-we-meant-daily item power earlier?)

Wow, they even went back and changed that old Winter Sovereign epic destiny that allowed you to lockdown so easily. Man. Between this and the whole bloodclaw/reckless update, it's like suddenly, someone has actually decided to go back and proof-read the material. ...Why start now?

In all seriousness, speaking of Winged Horde, what's the rule on "they drastically changed my power/item/etc. and now I might like to change it"? Do you still have to wait to retrain at level up or can you change it sooner?

renau1g

First Post
I believe we have no mechanisms in place for early modification of powers, so Mervin will need to level up, but he could re-train 2 feats/powers, etc.

Winged Horde was good, but way better than Scorching Burst so something needed to give on it. It can't be enlarged now though so that's too bad...

renau1g

First Post
Yay, Shaman's got a nice little boost to their action economy. If I'm reading it right spirit companions can now move anywhere within bust 20 as a minor action since you don't have to use an extra minor to dismiss them first before summoning again. :)

Yes it looks like they did. Makes sense

elecgraystone

First Post
Yes, the Hide Armor Expertise is the only change I didn't like. That hurts Con builds big time. :(

I should note that they clairified weapons as implements. You CAN use a flaming staff and have all your spells have the fire keyword. There's even an example, 'what if a wizard casts ray of frost through a flaming staff and uses the staff ’s ability to change the damage to fire.' However keywords now replace so it's only fire damage.

Grasping weapons fixed so that it's a pull 1. Seems no onr thought about the enchant on a heavy thrown weapon and the possibility of a pull 20. :)

Wildshape change so that it doesn't work with the FAQ anymore. Shields no longer add to defenses while shapechanged.

Draconic spellcaster now adds damage too.

Claw fighter officialy fixed, though it's interaction with swordmages and the new grabbing fighter build will make some people unhappy. (they never have a free hand :confused: )

renau1g

First Post
Yes, the Hide Armor Expertise is the only change I didn't like. That hurts Con builds big time. :(

Wildshape change so that it doesn't work with the FAQ anymore. Shields no longer add to defenses while shapechanged.

Yeah so much for the swarm druid being an off-tank. Now they are more like a glass cannon, well minus the cannon, so like a piece of glass... :p

Funny, this morning I was working in the builder coming up with a swarm druid to have as my third PC. Ah well, I guess I wait to see what comes out with PHB3 first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases