L4W Discussion Thread IV

evilbob

Explorer
Winged Horde was good, but way better than Scorching Burst so something needed to give on it. It can't be enlarged now though so that's too bad...
It -was- better in every way than scorching burst. But that's because scorching burst was just about the worst at-will controller power in the game. When I saw winged horde, I thought: they finally gave wizards a real controller power, yay! But now, wizards are back to having sub-par at-wills and game-breaking dailies. /sigh

(Why can't it be enlarged?)

renau1g

First Post
Ignore that part, thought the errate removed the d6 not the Int bonus to damage.

Yeah wizards are meh at least until 5, but like all previous incarnation's of wizards they kinda suck at first then get awesome at mid-high levels.

elecgraystone

First Post
Yeah so much for the swarm druid being an off-tank. Now they are more like a glass cannon, well minus the cannon, so like a piece of glass... :p

Funny, this morning I was working in the builder coming up with a swarm druid to have as my third PC. Ah well, I guess I wait to see what comes out with PHB3 first.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to do for my swarm druid. Lost 3 AC in one fell swoop. Don't have the strength to pick up better armor feats. A pretty good kick to the gut. :(

Not sure I understood why they did it though. It let melee classes without heavy armor and no need for Int/Dex have a chance. Now I'm behind a wizard with leather. :(

renau1g

First Post
Because of the AC50 Barbarians running around the charop threads. They screwed the shaman and druid (more) to nerf the barbarian.

wotc: you can't have melee strikers with defender AC...

CaBaNa

First Post
What, what's happening, Kamotz looked down at his hands, then to his triple-headed flail again, practicing his swing, It's like, like Lauto stopped feeding me as much power?

:( poor Kamotz.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
How curious. Originally the encounter power from the Umbriri paragon path for Swordmages worked off Str. WotC finally figured out that this was stupid beyond imagining, and now the power's damage is modified by Int. However, it still uses Str to hit.

Seriously?

Seriously?

So they looked at the power and thought that it didn't deal enough damage, but it was in a good place accuracy-wise. Well, ok WotC, if you say so. Personally, if I were one of your designers, I would have every power of a class's paragon path key off that class's primary attribute, rather than what is at best a secondary attribute, and at worst a dump stat. But I suppose silly thinking like that is why I'm not a professional game designer.

Remove ads