Desolation RPG

Thanee

First Post
Did anyone ever play this?

It's a rules-light post-apocalyptic fantasy roleplaying game.

I have seen, that Crothian wrote a review about it. But apart from that (and a few other reviews on RPG.net), I havn't seen much about this game, yet.

Definitely looks like a fun game to me (bought the book a few days ago, when I noticed it in one of the FLGS around here). A bit like Earthdawn meets Fallout (w/o guns or radioactivity; it's a fantasy world that is beginning to recover after a magical cataclysm).

Bye
Thanee

Crothian

First Post
I ran it as a one shot. The people had played Hollow Earth Expedition so the rules were mostly niot that new to use. There are a few differences as always. The setting is cool and the hopelessness people feel can be a big theme. I really like the opening short story as it sets a dark tone.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
It was my major purchase at GenCon year before last. I love the premise and I also like HEX a lot.

However I ended up not really digging the magic system. This may be more of a "way it reads" rather than the "way it plays" because I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Instead I ran my 4e game as a post-apoc fantasy game.

Still it has been great as a sourcebook for ideas and inspiration.

Thanee

First Post
Well, I guess I'm gonna give it a try soon, to find out how it turns out in play. :D

I like, that magic is drastically limited by Burn. This way it won't get out of hand (most likely), despite offering a lot of flexibility to the magic-wielders.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Have been taking a closer look at the rules every now and then during the last couple days.

Is it just me, or does it look like they heavily borrowed some elements from d20? :D

Size modifiers, Talents (Feats; often they work quite similar to D&D3E feats).

Overall, of course, it is totally different to d20, but some details seem strangely familiar. ;)

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Orderered Survivors today. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases