Insight's "In the Shadow of Giants" - Rogues Gallery

Insight

Adventurer
Rogues Gallery

IC Thread
OOC Thread

Please post your characters in this thread. If you use the DDI Character Builder, please use the Summary function and post that data here. Also, please attach the .dnd4e file so that I can load it into my own personal Character Builder.

Also, please remember to keep your characters updated and post new versions of your .dnd4e file when your character gains a level or gets a shiny new item.

If you don't have DDI or don't use the Character Builder, please post an approximation of what the others post. I'll build your character in my own Character Builder for my record-keeping purposes.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=BG]
Before the Light
Seeker' consciousness drifted in a black void, a sea of darkness. He didn't feel his body, his hands, his power - anything. It took some time for him to realize that he was dead again. The cycle was completed once more, and his soul had been cast back to the Astral Sea, waiting for its next body. Sometimes, he would just want to give up. What was the meaning? Endlessly going back to a mortal coil, suffering through life's hardships and painful experiences, only to die again and begin the cycle anew? What was the meaning of it all? Had he truly no choice but to suffer this fate through eternity?

"I... want to give up."

The words left his lips - his metaphorical lips, for he had no body to call his own - effortlessly, and as the drifting soul uttered those thoughts, a huge weight was lifted from it, as if it eased just at the thought of breaking the cycle, of not returning to that damned mortal world. Suddenly, things were looking brighter, and the possibility opened itself; if he did not return to the mortal world, would he be able to take upon his old post, his old position? Would he be able to rejoin the ranks of divine exarchs working directly for the Gods themselves, without need of prayer or fear?

"There are still things to do, things to protect."

"No... No, I want no more of it."

"Will you forsake your duty, Child of the Gods?"

"No, no... It's not my duty anymore, no... I don't want it, I don't want it..."

"It is your duty, Child, and it will always be. The World needs you; the World needs all who can help. There is great danger to the World, Child. Humanity has grown. For the centuries you have slept here, in this sea of nothingness, cities were built, empires rose and fell. That knowledge needs to be captured, recorded. Will you forsake your duty, Child of the Gods?"

"..."

"No."

"Come, I'll show you."

Rebirth of an Angel
When Seeker first opened his eyes, the first thing he did was fall to his knees, and begin to cry. He reached for the ground, trying to feel the earth, but his hands grasped only ash and dust. The very air that he breathed was poisonous, and there was no natural life from what he could sense. For hours, Seeker stood in the destroyed library, the greatest the world had known, once a repository of so much knowledge that it was said even an eladrin couldn’t read all that it had to offer; a place where he had been reborn for millennia. Now, however, it was all lost. And all because of his inactivity, his reluctance in beginning the cycle anew. Without choice, Seeker couldn't mourn for his lost font of knowledge for much longer, or the poisoned land would start to affect him - he was not powerful enough to combat it. With his heart and spirit broken, he left his former "home", now only a wasteland, and retreated into the nearest settlement he could find. For months, he spent his time nurturing his abilities, remembering things lost forgotten. He communed with Ioun, asking - no, begging - for forgiveness, and a second chance was granted to him. The immortal's body was infused with the power of the god of knowledge itself, and he was granted the ability necessary to protect the knowledge of the world. But time... he needed time to master his own abilities. He needed time before he could truly save anything.

[/sblock]

[sblock=CS]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Seeker, level 10
Deva, Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition
Background: Arcane Mercenary (+2 to History)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 24 Fort: 19 Reflex: 23 Will: 25
HP: 58 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +17, Nature +15, History +21, Dungeoneering +15, Religion +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Endurance +6, Heal +10, Insight +10, Intimidate +6, Perception +10, Stealth +5, Streetwise +6, Thievery +5, Athletics +4

FEATS
Wizard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Armor Proficiency (Leather)
Level 2: Initiate of the Faith
Level 4: Implement Expertise (orb)
Level 6: Arcane Familiar
Level 8: Battle Intuition
Level 10: Remembered Wizardry

POWERS
Remembered Wizardry Spellbook: Web
Remembered Wizardry Spellbook: Guardian Blades
Remembered Wizardry Spellbook: Mordenkainen's Guardian Hound
Remembered Wizardry Spellbook: Flaming Sphere
Remembered Wizardry Spellbook: Mirror Image
Remembered Wizardry Spellbook: Disguise Self
Wizard at-will 1: Cloud of Daggers
Wizard at-will 1: Phantom Bolt
Wizard encounter 1: Grasping Shadows
Wizard daily 1: Grease
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Sleep
Wizard utility 2: Shield
Wizard utility 2 Spellbook: Feather Fall
Wizard encounter 3: Color Spray
Wizard daily 5: Grasp of the Grave
Wizard daily 5 Spellbook: Visions of Avarice
Wizard utility 6: Wizard's Escape
Wizard utility 6 Spellbook: Invisibility
Wizard encounter 7: Tomebound Ooze
Wizard daily 9: Taunting Phantoms
Wizard daily 9 Spellbook: Mordenkainen's Sword
Wizard utility 10: Mass Resistance
Wizard utility 10 Spellbook: Arcane Gate

ITEMS
Spellbook, Orb of Impenetrable Escape +3, Cloak of Distortion +2, Counterstrike Leather Armor +2, Defensive Staff +1, Reading Spectacles (heroic tier), Belt of Vigor (heroic tier), Executioner's Bracers (heroic tier), Resplendent Gloves (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Residuum (Any)
RITUALS
Comprehend Language, Create Campsite, Wizard's Curtain, Speak with Dead, Eye of Alarm
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Gregor Stonehelm, level 10
Dwarf, Fighter
Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent
Pact Initiate: Pact Initiate (infernal pact)
Background: East Rift, Arcane Tracker (Dungeoneering class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 18, Dex 8, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 13.

AC: 28 Fort: 23 Reflex: 20 Will: 19
HP: 87 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +10, Endurance +14, Dungeoneering +14, Arcana +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, History +6, Insight +7, Intimidate +6, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +6, Stealth, Streetwise +6, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Pact Initiate
Level 2: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 4: Armor Proficiency (Plate)
Level 6: Weapon Expertise (Hammer)
Level 8: Novice Power
Level 10: Adept Power

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Knockdown Assault
Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
Fighter encounter 1: Passing Attack
Fighter daily 1: Lasting Threat (retrained to Armor of Agathys at Adept Power)
Fighter utility 2: Defensive Stance
Fighter encounter 3: Shield Slam
Fighter daily 5: Rain of Steel
Fighter utility 6: Vigilant Protector
Fighter encounter 7: Come and Get It (retrained to Howl of Doom at Novice Power)
Fighter daily 9: Victorious Surge
Fighter utility 10: Stalwart Guard

ITEMS
Bashing Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Pact Hammer Craghammer +2, Tactician's Layered Plate Armor +2, Backbone Belt (paragon tier), Cloak of Survival +2, Climber's Kit, Everburning Torch

Attachments

• gregor stonehelm10.dnd4e
    147.8 KB · Views: 59

drothgery

First Post
Corrin of clan Seaward

[sblock=background]
A great many halfling traders travel the world's rivers. The River Draken, flowing from the Dragonhome mountains through the heart of Tyral, had been home to halfling riverboats since before any of the modern nations of the world had been born. The Salindral, which snaked through Winterhome and across Darkmoor before joining the Draken, saw its first halfling traders within a few short years of elven settlements appearing along the river. And the Tyrindell, which set much of the border between Winterhome and Tyral, has always seen clans of halfling traders on both sides.
But Corrin's great-grandfather Ander was the first of them to begin trading on the North Sea -- taking goods from the heart of Tyral and deep within the elven lands and bringing them to all the ports along the north coast -- very much against the wishes of his clan. He had taken his wife, and children, and those he could convince to work for him and pulled together the resources to finance an oceangoing tradeship, and began something that would become a great success. The Seaward clan -- for that was what it became known as -- began merely trading along the north coast of the continent where halflings had plied the river trade since time out of mind. That had only been the beginning, though.
Those from Tryal and the surrounding lands had always named the great ocean the North Sea, and most thought it was endless. Certainly if there were lands beyond, they had not been heard from since the great empires fell. But Perrin son of Ander had met Bree daughter of Eida of a clan who plied the river trade deep into the ancient heart of Eladrin lands, and had acquired an ancient parchment which purported to be a map of the whole world. And Perrin Seaward and his new wife had decided to chance crossing the great ocean.
They had found no great civilization across the ocean, but there were tribes of dragon-men, orcs, primitive humans, half-orcs, shifters, and other wild folk in the continent across the sea. And while they lacked great cities, they had much to trade. Over the next two generations, goods from across the ocean had turned clan Seaward from a somewhat eccentric halfling trade clan to one of the great merchant houses of Tyral.
That was what Corrin had been born into. If crossing the ocean was not the wild risk it had been when his grandfather attempted it, much of the world was still uncharted and the sea most definitely had its dangers. Still, if his sorcerous powers had not begun to manifest at that time, no doubt he would have taken more than first steps on the path to commanding one of the clan's tradeships.
But those powers had manifested -- something in the storms he encountered in his frequent sea voyages called to him -- and that had sent Corrin to a temple of Ioun wondering where he could learn about sorcery. And he still wasn't entirely sure how he had ended up agreeing to help a mage acolyte and his associates recover some missing church property... but he'd been with that group for five years now. They'd appreciated his friendly demeanor, quick hands, sorcerous powers... and his ability to be downright scary if he needed to be. Which you wouldn't expect from someone just a little over four feet tall.
Since that day, he had never been on any of the clan's ships except as a passenger or for brief visits with his family. The last had been too short; his mother had taken one of his more distant cousins on as an apprentice in her work keeping the clan's books, and the young woman had been pretty, smart, and matched his wit quip for quip. If he knew his mother, she had certainly set them up, but he wasn't quite impetuous enough to ask Callie to marry him on a mere week's acquaintance, and the demands of an adventurer's life had drawn him away. Still, when next his travels brought him to Drakenport, where the clan maintained its home office and where the river Draken met the North Sea, he was hopeful she would still be there.[/sblock]
[sblock=vingette]Seeker had appeared at the temple of Ioun in Drakenport only a few days before, and already the high priest was trying to get rid of him. At least, it seemed that way to him; some minor relic of the Church's had been stolen, and the woman seemed insistent that the newly-reborn Deva wizard be the one to recover it.
Which was why instead of doing that, he was having a few drinks with the halfling who'd come by the temple asking a few questions about sorcery.
"You could just do it, you know?" Corrin said.
"And what would I learn by tracking down some two-bit thieves in the backcountry?" Seeker replied.
"Who knows? Might be fun. I've got some leave, if you don't want to work alone." Corrin replied. "Though we probably ought to find a decent tracker."
Someone cleared his throat behind them. Most of the half-orcs Corrin had met were tribesmen from across the sea, and this fellow sure looked like one of them to him. He'd never had anything bad to say about them... though the few that had taken Clan Seaward's ships across what they called the Great Southern Ocean were sometimes upset to learn what their goods sold for in Drakenport or Valen. Usually if you bought them a beer and explained how much it actually cost to ship things across the ocean, they came around, so he was about to begin such an explanation when the man chimed in.
"I'm a tracker. Or my friend is, anyway." Amos said, referring to the wolf at his side.
And by the next morning, the three had been heading south. By the time they had found what they sought, the main temple of Ioun in Valen had been closer than returning to Drakenport.[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Builder sheet]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Corrin, level 10
Halfling, Sorcerer
Build: Storm Sorcerer
Spell Source: Storm Magic
Background: Occupation - Mariner (Acrobatics class skill)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 21.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 17.

AC: 21 Fort: 18 Reflex: 21 Will: 24
HP: 70 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 18
TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +10, Intimidate +15, Acrobatics +17, Bluff +15
UNTRAINED SKILLS
Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +6, Heal +5, History +5, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +5, Stealth +9, Streetwise +10, Thievery +11, Athletics +5
FEATS
Level 1: Tempest Magic
Level 2: Halfling Agility
Level 4: Nimble Spellcaster
Level 6: Sorcerous Blade Channeling
Level 8: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
Level 10: Implement Expertise (Light Blade)
POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Storm Walk
Sorcerer at-will 1: Lightning Strike
Sorcerer encounter 1: Thunder Slam
Sorcerer daily 1: Dazzling Ray
Sorcerer utility 2: Absorb Storm
Sorcerer encounter 3: Dancing Lightning
Sorcerer daily 5: Serpentine Blast
Sorcerer utility 6: Energetic Flight
Sorcerer encounter 7: Thunder Wyrm's Jaws
Sorcerer daily 9: Howling Hurricane
Sorcerer utility 10: Sorcerous Pulse
ITEMS
Challenge-Seeking Dagger +3, Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2, Periapt of Cascading Health +2, Acrobat Boots (heroic tier), Hunter's Flint (heroic tier), Bag of Holding (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier) (2), Casque of Tactics (heroic tier), Phylactery of Action (heroic tier), Belt of Vigor (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Everburning Torch, Tent, Fine Clothing, Flute
[/sblock]
[sblock=placeholder image]
41554d1253974127-insights-shadow-giants-ooc-x_200_200_80318_cn_rgb150dpi.jpg

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Corrin.dnd4e
    170.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Sparky

Amos Wolfbrother, Beastmaster
"Sure, you can pet him, lad, if you like the nickname 'Lefty.'"

5d5782e1ed361d2ffb479a3511ec62e2.jpg

[sblock=Background]Don't recall much 'fore I came to live with Wilbur, Orna and Sal. Fear mostly. Hunger. Anger, blood. My... ma? Throwin' herself acrost me. More blood. I think she was tryin' to save me. Wilbur once told me that orcs eat youngun's born wolf kin like me. I've met orcs since, an' lemme tell you, I believe him.

Funny. I don't think of myself like them. Orcs. Others do. I get all manner of ugly looks. Sometimes I just put on my wolf skin when we're goin' into town, 'cause while folk are afraid of wolves, they admire them too. It frustrates Olcan when I do, 'cause wolves don't lie. They can't lie, actually. He thinks me puttin' on my wolf skin to hide my true self is a form of prevarication. I disagree. The wolf skin is part of my true self. Leastwise, that's what I tell myself.

Wilbur is a prospector. Spent my early years out ranging the wilds with him, squattin' this claim or that all along the Border Range. He taught me how to keep my wits about me, about mining, about frugality. 'Frooo-gal-ity, lad. I can stretch this here haul through winter, into spring if the hunting's good.' Miserly ol' cuss.

Orna lives in a tiny cottage that she keeps scrubbed and gleaming. She likes her peace an' quiet an' so did nothin' to diffuse the rumors that she was a witch woman. She taught me my letters an' numbers and sang me songs when I was real little. Wilbur and Sal and me would go see her every couple of months, see how she was doin'. Bring her pelts. Chop wood. Mend the roof. We'd get to sleep in a warm bed, eat real food. I never saw them more than share a fond look, but I think Wilbur and Orna loved each other. I miss her every day. I miss them both.

Sal's a wolf. I don't know if he's still alive. He was around a lot when I was coming up, but took a mate an' we didn't see much of him after that. He an' I would run together, tracking, hunting, racing through the forest, acrost the snows. Wilbur resented that I could run with Sal like that. Envied it. I still feel guilty about that. It's part of why I left, at least a little bit. That growing rift between me an' Wilbur. If there was a way to share it, the shiftin', I would. I've seen some mighty spectacular things in my time, maybe one day I'll find a way to, you know, give that to him. I owe him that much.

Olcan is one of Sal's pups. 'Olcan' means 'wolf' in the giant tongue. That's not his real name, but his real name doesn't come off right in words. He was always a big one. Always strong an' fast. We keep eachother sharp. An' if he looks smart, it's cause he is. Smarter than a lot of people you'll meet, I reckon.

I took to wanderin' after I left Wilbur an' Orna. It was a lonely time. Would have been worse, if not for Olcan. I've never really ferreted out of Olcan why he came with me when I left. Big and smart as he is, he'd have been Alpha of his pack for sure. Ain't no secret - I'm sure glad he did come with me. Long about when I was second-guessin' my decision to leave home, I came across a caravan. They were fixin' to head down a branch of the road washed out by early storms. I warned 'em, of course, and they hired me on to lead 'em the rest of the way through the pass.

The rest is history.

I get back to see Wilbur and Orna from time to time, but it's been years now since I seen 'em.[/sblock]
[sblock=Levels]
Level 1 - Amos leaves home, falls in with a trade caravan.
Level 2 - TBD.
Level 3 - TBD.
Level 4 - TBD.
Level 5 - TBD.
Level 6 - TBD.
Level 7 - TBD.
Level 8 - TBD.
Level 9 - TBD.
Level 10 - TBD.[/sblock]
[sblock=Description]Decription goes here.[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Sheet]Amos Wolfbrother, Level 10
Half-Orc, Ranger
Build: Beastmaster Ranger
Fighting Style: Beast Mastery
Beast Companion Type: Wolf
Background: Geography - Mountains (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 12, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10.

AC: 22 Fort: 22 Reflex: 19 Will: 18
HP: 69 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 17

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +12, Perception +14, Stealth +11, Athletics +16, Endurance +12, Nature +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Arcana +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Heal +7, History +5, Insight +7, Intimidate +7, Religion +5, Streetwise +5, Thievery +6

FEATS
Level 1: Initiate of the Old Faith
Level 2: Alertness
Level 4: Thirst for Battle
Level 6: Powerful Charge
Level 8: Defensive Mobility
Level 10: Lethal Hunter

POWERS
Initiate of the Old Faith: Pounce
Ranger at-will 1: Circling Strike
Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Ranger encounter 1: Enclose the Prey
Ranger daily 1: Driving the Quarry
Ranger utility 2: Pack Alertness
Ranger encounter 3: Paired Predators
Ranger daily 5: Lacerating Maul
Ranger utility 6: Evade Ambush
Ranger encounter 7: Sweeping Whirlwind
Ranger daily 9: Ranger's Recovery
Ranger utility 10: Undaunted Stride

ITEMS
Boots of Adept Charging (heroic tier), Gloves of Piercing (heroic tier), Bracers of Respite (heroic tier), Reading Spectacles (heroic tier), Badge of the Berserker +1, Belt of Resilience (heroic tier), Lifeblood Hide Armor +2, Potion of Healing (heroic tier) (3), Dynamic War Pick +3, Impaler's Pick Light war pick +2

RITUALS
Raise Beast Companion

-------

Olcan, Level 10
Gray Wolf, Ranger Companion

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 6.

AC: 24 Fort: 22 Reflex: 22 Will: 23
HP: 94 Surges: 2 Surge Value: 23 (+5)

MELEE BASIC ATTACK
Bite; 14 vs AC; 1d8 + Strength modifier (+3)

COMBAT ADVANTAGE
When a wolf has combat advantage against a target, the wolf gains a bonus to damage rolls against the target equal to teh wolf's Wisdom modifier (+2)

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +14, Endurance +12

ITEMS
Friend's Gift (heroic tier)[/sblock]
[sblock=On The Party]
Amos - One ugly bastard.
Brant - ...
Corrin - ...
Gregor - ...
Olcan - ...
Saben - ...
Seeker - ...
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Amos.dnd4e
    385.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Saben

[sblock=Portrait]

SabenBW.jpg

[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
Background
Saben had searched all his youth for a place in which he truly felt that he belonged. He had lived among the elves of the Ravenshadow Wood with his mother Lillawyn. He had traveled through human lands with his father Gareth the trader. He had sought the camaraderie of blood and hardship as a soldier. And though he had found friendship and acceptance in all these places he still lacked the sense of belonging that he so desperately craved.

It was not long after his military contract had ended that Saben found himself listlessly wandering the city streets of Valen. Without meaning to, his feet brought him before the mighty Temple of the Sun. With a sudden compulsion he ascended the steps to the area of public worship. At first he had felt trepidation, but as he entered into that hallowed place it seemed to melt away. Saben had never been a religious man, but he knelt and soon he was pouring his heart out in prayer. If there was an answer it came only in the form of an incredible sense of peace and belonging, and the realization that we all walk under the same sun.

From that point on Saben became a regular and devout attendee of the temple services. Seeking to understand his experience he studied the teachings of Pelor with great fervor. The devoted half-elf eventually came to the attention of the priests of the Temple of the Sun, and given his experience as a soldier he was recruited into the temple guard as one of the true faithful. Saben spent three years training and serving in this capacity, before approaching the High Priest with a request to be released from his temple duties. He felt compelled to go out into the world and bring the light of Pelor to those in need. The High Priest, seeing the conviction in Saben's heart, granted the request. Since that time Saben has had many adventures and fought alongside many valiant men and women, some of whom have become lifelong companions. Always though he has kept Pelor's mandate in his heart, doing his best to ease the suffering of others and throwing himself into the breach to protect those who need it most.

Personality & Appearance
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 157 lbs

Outside of the slightly exotic touch of being a half-elf Saben is not particularly remarkable in appearance. Of medium height and thinly built he doesn't seem much the warrior, especially when combined with his somewhat soft and pleasant demeanor. He typically dresses neatly, but plainly, in long sleeved tunics and britches, the only real adornment being a shining sun symbol that hangs about his neck and when out and about a sky blue cloak. His straight brown hair is cut to medium length and accompanied by a short beard and drooping mustache that tends to hide his smile. Behind the beard is a thin face with a sharp aquiline nose and steady blue eyes.

As the need arises he carries an ornate silver longsword of exotic styling and uncertain orgin, carved with strange sigils. Also, he has a large round metal shield of a golden hue, it looks quite similar to his holy symbol made large with a golden face at its center of which the eyes seem to be looking at you no matter where you stand. Perhaps the most unusual piece of equipment is his armour. If the time comes to fight he can summon it to him, donning it almost instantly. In stark contrast to the plain mode of dress he would otherwise assume the armour is a baroque seeming suit of full plate, the most memorable feature being the helm, which has a large crest that runs from side to side and a golden faceplate shaped in the image of a handsome impassive face.

Saben tends to be a pleasant and straight forward man. He has a tendency to cut to the heart of the matter, and prefers simple solutions. He is strongly driven to help others, believing it is his duty in life. His convictions and faith in Pelor are a defining feature of his personality, though it is unlikely you would find him trying to convert others. Saben prefers to spread the faith through example and action. He's not given to recklessness, but will throw himself into the breach for someone else.

Tidbits
The Ravenshadow elves have an usually strong relationship with the nearby human settlements. The regularly meet at trade meets to exchange goods, and it was at one such event that Saben's parents met. There is a very small but growing faction of elven youths that find this situation unsatisfactory and that have taken a more isolationist stance, their means have become increasingly belligerent.

Saben's mother, Lillawyn, is known among her people as a healer.

Saben's father, Gareth, is a traveling merchant. The Ravenshadow Wood stood at one end of his route, at the other lies the dwarven strongholds tucked far into the mountains, and in between the human kingdom where he plies his trade. It would be fair to say that Gareth is a bit of a lothario and Saben has a string of half-siblings along the route.

The Temple of the Sun is one of the largest and grandest temples in the kingdom. It wields considerable political clout and vast amounts of wealth. Unfortunately this had lead to some corruption in the upper ranks of the clergy.

The High Priest is a seemingly doddering old man named Azen the VII, a commonly taken name by the faith's high priests. He cares little for pomp and circumstance, and has a tendency to infuriate the high ranking priests that run much of the Temple's business.

The Temple Guard, is more than a simple group of watchman, a small but highly trained military force it serves has body guards for any priests that might require them as well as performing missions on behalf of the church. There is a fair amount of secrecy involved, and leaving is not necessarily a small thing.

His sword and armour are a matching set, found in the horded treasures of one the groups most recent foes (vague to avoid stepping on anyone toes). Saben is somewhat embarrassed by the garishness of the sword since he can't tuck it away where the heck the armour goes when he doesn't need it. He had the helm of the suit altered by a master dwarven smith to evocative of Pelor on the field of battle.

His shield is a relic lent to him by the Temple of the Sun to aid in his work on behalf of Pelor.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]Saben

"I will help you."

Male Half-Elf Paladin 10
Experience 20,500/26,000
Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 21, Passive Perception 19
HP 89; Bloodied 44; Healing Surge 22; Surges Per Day 12
AC 30; Fort 20, Ref 22, Will 22
Resist none
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dilettante
:ranged:Sacred Flame (standard; encounter) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Ranged: 5
Attack: +12 vs Refl
Hit: 1d6+6 radiant damage, and one ally Saben can see chooses either to gain 9 temporary hit points or to make a saving throw.

At Wills
:melee:Enfeebling Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Divine, Weapon
Melee: Weapon
Attack: +15 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+6 damage. If Saben marked the target, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.

:bmelee:Virtuous Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Hit: 1d8+6 radiant damage, and Saben gains a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of his next turn.
Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack.

Encounters
:melee:Valorous Smite (standard; encounter) ✦ Divine, Weapon
Hit: 2d8+6 damage. Each enemy within 3 squares of Saben is subject to his divine sanction until the end of his next turn.

:melee:Hold Fast (standard; encounter) ✦ Divine, Weapon
Hit: 2d8+6 damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of Saben's next turn.
Special: Saben can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

:close:Astral Thunder (standard; encounter) ✦ Divine, Implement, Thunder
Close: Burst 3, Enemies only
Attack: +12 vs Fort
Hit: 2d8+6 thunder damage. Until the end of Saben's next turn, the target takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls.

Dailies
:melee:Majestic Halo (standard; daily) ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Hit: 3d8+6 radiant damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Saben is subject to his divine sanction until the end of its turn.

:close:Name of Might (standard; daily) ✦ Divine, Implement, Thunder
Close: Blast 3, Enemies only
Hit: 3d8+6 thunder damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed until the end of its next turn.

:close:Ray of Reprisal (immediate interrupt; daily) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Close: Burst 5
Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of Saben hits his ally.
Target: The triggering enemy.
Hit: 3d6+6 radiant damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: The ally takes half damage from the triggering enemy's attack.

Utilities
:close:Call of Challenge (minor; encounter) ✦ Divine
Close: Burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst.
Effect: Each target is subject to Saben's divine sanction until the end of his next turn.

Virtue (minor; encounter) ✦ Divine
Effect: Saben spends a healing surge but regains no hit points. He instead gains 22 temporary hit points.

:close:Wrath of the Gods (minor; daily) ✦ Divine
Close: Burst 1
Target: Saben and each ally in burst.
Effect: The targets add +4 to damage rolls until the end of the encounter.

Channel Divinity (May only use 1 per encounter.)
:close:Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle (minor; encounter) ✦ Divine
Close: Burst 10
Target: One creature in burst.
Effect: The target makes a saving throw with a +4 bonus.

Channel Divinity: Divine Strength (minor; encounter) ✦ Divine
Effect: Add +0 damage to Saben's next attack on this turn. :p

Paladin Powers
:close:Divine Challenge (minor; at-will) ✦ Divine, Radiant
Close: Burst 5
Target: One creature in burst.
Effect: Saben marks the target. The target remains marked until Saben uses this power against another target, or if he fails to engage the target (see below). A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.

While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include Saben as a target. Also, it takes 7 radiant damage the first time it makes an attack that doesn’t include Saben as a target before the start of his next turn.

On Saben's turn, he must engage the target he challenged or challenge a different target. To engage the target, Saben must either attack it or end his turn adjacent to it. If none of these events occur by the end of Saben's turn, the marked condition ends and Saben can’t use divine challenge on his next turn.

Saben can use divine challenge once per turn.
Special: Even though this ability is called a challenge, it doesn’t rely on the intelligence or language ability of the target. It’s a magical compulsion that affects the creature’s behavior, regardless of the creature’s nature. Saben can’t place a divine challenge on a creature that is already affected by his or another character’s divine challenge.

:melee:Lay on Hands (minor; at-will) ✦ Divine, Healing
Melee: Touch
Special: Saben can use this power 3 times per day, but only once per round.
Target: One creature.
Effect: Saben spends a healing surge but regain no hit points. Instead, the target regains hit points as if it had spent a healing surge. Saben must have at least one healing surge remaining to use this power.

Items
Githyanki Silver Longsword +2
Critical: +2d8 psychic damage.
Power (At-Will ✦ Psychic): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is psychic damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
Power (Daily ✦ Teleporation): Free Action. Use this power when Saben hits with this weapon. The target is banished to a demiplane (save ends). It disappears from sight, cannot take actions, and cannot be targeted. On a save, the target reappears in the space it last occupied. If that space is occupied, the target returns to the nearest unoccupied space of its choosing.

Magic Holy Symbol +2
Critical: +2d6 damage.

Summoned Gith Plate Armor +3
Power (At-Will): Minor Action. Saben can banish this armor to a secure extradimensional location. At any point in the future, unless he is wearing armor, he can use another minor action to recall the armor. The armor appears on Saben as though he had donned it normally.

Cloak of the Walking Wounded +2
Property: If Saben uses his second wind while bloodied, he can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Heavy Shield of Eyes
Property: Saben gains a +2 item bonus to his AC against opportunity attacks.
Power (Daily): Minor Action. Saben does not grant combat advantage when flanked by an enemy until the end of his next turn.

Bag of Holding
Property: This bag can hold up to 200 pounds in weight or 20 cubic feet in volume, but it always weighs only 1 pound. Drawing an item from a bag of holding is a minor action.

Healer's Lore
When Saben grants healing with one of his cleric powers that has the healing keyword, add +4 to the hit points the recipient regains. (Saben does not currently have any cleric healing powers, listed for completeness.)

Group Defense
Allies gain a +1 bonus to all defenses against creatures marked by Saben.

Virtuous Recovery
Whenever Saben spends a healing surge, he gains 4 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Elven, Dwarven
Str 10 (+0)[+5] Dex 14 (+2)[+7] Wis 18 (+4)[+9]
Con 15 (+2)[+7] Int 8 (-1)[+4] Cha 18 (+4)[+9]
Acrobatics +7(+3), Arcana +4, Athletics +10(+6)*, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +16*, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +12(+8)*, Heal +14*, History +4, Insight +11, Intimidate +9, Nature +9, Perception +9, Religion +9*, Stealth +7(+3), Streetwise +9, Thievery +7(+3)
* Trained Skill
Background: Military (add Athletics to skills available list)
Feats: Divine Healer, Group Defense, Implement Expertise (Holy Symbol), Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade), Virtuous Recovery, Toughness
Gear 560gp, Githyanki Silver Longsword +2, Magic holy symbol +2, Summoned Gith Plate Armor +3, Cloak of the Walking Wounded +2, Heavy Shield of Eyes, Bag of Holding, Dagger, Bedroll, Fling & Steel, Belt Pouch, Trail Rations x10, Hempen Rope (50'), Sunrod x2, Waterskin, Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons x10, Everburning Torch, Tent

[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Saben- Male Half-Elf Paladin 10
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 21
AC:30, Fort:20, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
Resist:none
HP:89/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:12/12
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Enfeebling Strike
Virtuous Strike
Divine Challenge
Githyanki Silver Longsword
Summoned Gith Plate Armor

Valorous Smite
Hold Fast
Astral Thunder
Sacred Flame
Call of Challenge
Virtue
Second Wind

Majestic Halo
Name of Might
Ray of Reprisal
Wrath of the Gods
Lay on Hands
Lay on Hands
Lay on Hands
Githyanki Silver Longsword
Heavy Shield of Eyes

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Attachments

• Saben.dnd4e
    117.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
[sblock=Brant]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Brant Sorrenson, level 10
Human, Warlord|Fighter
Hybrid Warlord: Hybrid Warlord Will
Hybrid Talent: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent: Two-handed Weapon Talent
Background: Occupation - Military (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 14, Dex 9, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 9, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 11.

AC: 26 Fort: 24 Reflex: 20 Will: 21
HP: 72 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +15, History +12, Athletics +14, Heal +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Arcana +7, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +7, Insight +7, Intimidate +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +7, Stealth +3, Streetwise +5, Thievery +3

FEATS
Human: Weapon Expertise (Axe)
Level 1: Weapon Focus (Axe)
Level 2: Hybrid Talent
Level 4: Martial Freedom
Level 6: Action Surge
Level 8: Restful Healing
Level 10: Power Attack

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Reaping Strike
Hybrid Fighter at-will 1: Brash Strike
Hybrid Warlord at-will 1: Opening Shove
Hybrid encounter 1: Diabolic Stratagem
Hybrid daily 1: Villain's Menace
Hybrid utility 2: Invigorating Presence
Hybrid encounter 3: Crushing Blow
Hybrid daily 5: Stand the Fallen
Hybrid utility 6: Mighty Sprint
Hybrid encounter 7: Reckless Strike
Hybrid daily 9: White Raven Strike
Hybrid utility 10: Strength From Pain

ITEMS
Magic Braidmail Armor +3, Berserker Greataxe +2, Cloak of Survival +2, Belt of Vigor (heroic tier), Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Helm of the Stubborn Mind (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier), Distance Handaxe +1, Adventurer's Kit, Everburning Torch, Dagger
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======[/sblock][sblock=Background]Do you ever stop, take stock of your life, and realize that you have absolutely NO idea how you ended up here? I've been a farmer, a soldier, an officer and a drunk. And what do I do for a living? I wander around the countryside with the most motley assortment of adventurers you're ever likely to meet. The money's good, I suppose, but the hours are lousy, and any job that makes you rate your days by the number of things that have tried to kill you . . .

Farming's not much of a good time either, I suppose. But sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn't left. I suppose that's just idle speculation, I doubt I ever could have been happy there. Not without knowing what was out here first. So first chance I got, I was gone, enlisting in the army. See the world, meet interesting people and then kill them. Except that most of a soldier's life isn't even that interesting. Boredom is the worst part. Followed closely by latrine duty. Or maybe I have those backwards. Mostly you just keep your head down, your feet dry and let the officers take care of the rest. Until they promote you of course.

They didn't do that for a number of years, of course. There was a war on at that point. I suppose the fact that they wanted to make me a sergeant should have warned me how bad it was going. But there I was, they gave me my own squad of fresh-faced recruits, a nice red cloak and sent us on our way. They were good kids, my squad, but kids all the same. It's a pretty easy choice to take for some of us. You see the soldiers march by in their uniforms, and you see all the girls a flutter, and you take a look at your own life. Then you enlist. But I'd signed up for years of drudgery. These kids had landed themselves in a war. I got to know them pretty well over the next few months. "Brick" his father was a mason, and he was built like a wall himself. "Smiley" never smiled, not that we saw. "The Kid" was actually one of the older ones, but had the face of a baby. "Mouse" was our scout, small and quick. And I was just "Sarge". I would be the only one to make it out alive.

We were holed up on a hill that night with some other squads. We were supposed to be the reinforcements, cutting down into the enemy's flank after the main force engaged them in the morning. I guess we got spotted, because before our main force even arrived we were ambushed. They came from the south, using the trees for cover, making the hill top before we even spotted them. Their arrows took down a bunch of us in the first volley, I saw Mouse and Brick go down, and then they were right their in our faces. I gathered up The Kid and Smiley and tried to cut us a path clear, to make the trees and escape. We all took a few blows, but it was close. Then Smiley got cut down right beside me as we neared the edge. I pushed The Kid into the trees a few steps ahead of me and then everything went black.

Next thing I know I'm lying under some bushes at the bottom of the hill. My broken ribs told me that I'd taken the quick way down, and the arrow-inflicted dent in my helmet reminded me of the importance of head gear. I guess I'd escaped notice in the dark. I made my way to the top of the hill, to see it in the daylight. They'd left the bodies. Everyone was dead. I buried Brick, Smiley and Mouse along with the others on top of that hill. It wasn't until I finished and made my way down that I found The Kid's body. He'd made it down the hill, but not much further. That was it. They were all dead, and I was the one left to bury them. Something broke inside me that day.

I suppose I should have tried to find someone to report to. Honestly, I don't even know how the war turned out, maybe there was nobody left to report to. I left my uniform on that hill and then I walked. I walked until I found someplace new, far away from either side. Then I bought a bottle and crawled inside.

The next clear memory I have is waking up with a hangover, a number of miles from anywhere, with a bunch of people I didn't know too well. I'm pretty sure there had been some kind of discussion about danger and money, I probably thought I was signing up to be a caravan guard or something. But when the booze ran out, I was already a few days into my new life as an adventurer. I guess it was what I needed. I still don't know why I had to be the one to survive, but now I've got a new squad. We've shed blood for each other. I watch out for them, keep them up, keep them moving. Then I throw myself into battle for them. They tell me I'm a little too reckless. But I don't care. This time, I won't be the one left to bury anyone.[/sblock]
41528d1253661815-insights-shadow-giants-ooc-brantlores.jpg

Attachments

• Brant Sorrenson.dnd4e
    174 KB · Views: 53

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases