Paranormal Activity

Crothian

First Post
Not seen it but Columbus was one of the orginal cities to start playing it so the hype around this movie has been here for a few weeks I think. People have enjoyed it and even the local newspaper liked it.

RigaMortus2

First Post
So I finally ended up seeing this movie, and...

It wasn't bad. If you liked Blair Witch, you'll probably really like this movie.

It starts off kind of slow in the beginning.

It is definately creepy and freaky.

If you aren't used to watching scary movies, this movie will probably scare you.

I see a lot of reviews where after the movie is over, people are still scared or freaked out about it. I was actually hoping for this reaction for myself. I didn't get it though. Again, if you don't normally see scary movies, but want to see a very good scary movie, this is the movie for you.

If you are used to scary movies, this movie might not be that "special" to you.

In either case, it was very well done IMO. I don't feel like I wasted my money at all.

DonTadow

First Post
This movie is scary. That's the best way to sum it up. I remember the last time I was scared. It was 4 years ago when I saw Ju'on 2 on dvd. This movie scared my wife and I so bad we stayed up the entire night ( we caught the midnight show ). The next day we slighly slept with the tv on. It was a couple days before we got a good nights sleep. I still can't watch the trailer, I tried to watch the new one and it just makes me look around the room . The wife now wraps up fully in the blankets.

In other words its pretty good, but you're warned

I strongly disagree about the statement about watching scary movies. I watch a half dozen scary movies a week. Japanese, European, American, I watch tons. I was scared. There wasn't a non-scared person who walked out of our theater. You could tell by the hushed silence, as people stumbled like zombies to their car.

Also let me say, the similiarities to blair witch or very low. Essentially its docustyle, and thats about as similiar as it is. With blair witch I walked out thinking, wtf, really thats it. With this movie, the scares slowly build up, everytime the camera goes still u get this sense of dread in you, u know that whatever happens is going to be creepier than what happened before. The ending is pretty good, if you can, after you see it, read the wiki of the original two endings. I kept having dreams of all the endings combined together. Creepy

Last edited:

This movie made me sick more than anything, normally I don't suffer from motion sickness. But somehow the way the camera was shaky combined with the fact it was on a big screen, it made me slightly nauseous. The only time where I felt better was during the bedroom scenes when the camera was still.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The shocking thing was this movie was made for something like $15K. I think it was paid for on a single credit card.

frankthedm

First Post
This movie made me sick more than anything, normally I don't suffer from motion sickness. But somehow the way the camera was shaky combined with the fact it was on a big screen, it made me slightly nauseous. The only time where I felt better was during the bedroom scenes when the camera was still.
Thank you for the heads up! I get the same problem from shakeycam and choppy/bouncy First person shooters.

A little late now, but I've had good results with Dramamine and sitting on the left or right side of the theater, not the center.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I can only say: Blegh!

Didn't like it in the least.

Reasons:
1.) It was filmed as some sort of 'reality' series, while apropriate I didn't like it.
2.) Scarry, not really. It was actually pretty booring imho, mostly because it was so predictable. Especially the ending was a complete let down (won't spoil it with spoilers).
3.) 90 minutes was way to long for the length of the 'story' being told.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases