Dragonwriter's Music-Inspired Insanity

Dragonwriter

First Post
Veiras, the south-western port city of Gorin, is a large city, enclosed with thick walls. Quite naturally for a port city, it is bustling with activity at nearly all hours of the day. Armed guards patrol the streets, keeping things calm and quiet while people go about their business. It all gives the impression of a well-ordered, clean, neat city. That was your impression when you each arrived. Now, the city is rather boring…

Each of you managed to find some way to make some coin and keep yourself entertained, but now the work seems to have run out. The guardsmen have nothing for you to help with, no one’s been kidnapped and the criminal underworld seems to be on a break. That’s why each of you was quite glad when something showed up by messenger…

A young half-elf girl, seeming about 17 years of age, finds each of you in the city at some point in the day. She cheerfully asks your name, then hands you a slip of paper and walks away.

The paper, when opened, reads
“Greetings,
My name is Connor Ferrinzo, and I’m in need of your assistance. I will, of course, pay you for the services rendered. If you are interested, please come to my home at sundown. I live near the northeast section of the outer wall of the city. I will provide you dinner. If you arrive early, I would merely ask you to have patience and wait for me to be able to meet with you.”

Each of you has the note by noon, and so have the afternoon available.

Theroc

First Post
Shavallah had grown tired of this city. There was nothing to hunt, for she knew the sentient beings in the city did not tolerate killing for food, and she felt no real impulse to hunt for food in any case. Food was easy here. All she had to do was shoot a few targets or best a man in a spearwielding contest, and she was fed. However, she was not finding anything new. Anything truly challenging.

She was slightly startled as the Half-Elf approached, handing her a slip of paper and walking away. Confused, and unable to read the handwriting, Shavallah simply attempted to follow the the Half-Elf, hoping that she would be led to answers.

[sblock=OOC]
Dragonwriter, you handed a note to an illiterate... ;) lol [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
The half-elf lass notices the duskling following her and turns around. She smiles as she asks innocently, "Is there a problem?"

She reads the note to Shavallah, pointing out the direction if need be.

Theroc

First Post
Shavallah nodded, as politely as possible thanking the young woman, before slowly making her way to the location she had be pointed towards, standing dead still by the door as she waited. After all, she had nothing else to occupy her time. She was prepared for just about anything. Her spear in hand, her tail swaying slightly behind her, the woman stood completely still, save her eyes moving about.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Let the insanity begin...

Tom was asleep on a chair outside the bar the "Rusty Fish" (his favourite tavern) with a mug in his hand. He wakes up and stumbles towards the wall of the building beside him so he can lean on it. "Note to self Tom, never try to out drink a dwarf." Tom says to himself as he rubs his head trying to south the headache, as he does this he notices a slip of paper in his coat pocket he pulls it out nad reads it. A smile curls across his face and he goes and kicks the door open and yells in "Hey Frank, I got some work so keep my room, I'll pay the rent when I get back". With that Tom grabs his gear and starts walking.

He gets to the home of this Connor Ferrinzo and he sees a somewhat unkempt woman waiting at the door. "Oh good, here is my coat and my bag, oh and do you know what might be for dinner?" Tom says to her as he gives her his coat and bag.

Theroc

First Post
As the woman turned, Tom could almost swear she did something, as she became difficult to see through the form of a Grey Render which it almost appeared she became, except he could still vaguely see her form within it. Then too, he noticed the strange tail swaying from behind her.

"I'm not your servant." She growled simply, ignoring his hands and turning her form aside.

[sblock=OOC]
Hey, I realize you probably didn't know, since I forgot to mention it, but the Totem Avatar meld makes it look like Shavallah is a Gray Render, and she's got a manticore's tail... I can find a pic of that quick to help you visualize. I didn't mention it before because I wasn't sure how the NPC's would react, and whether Dragonwriter wanted to play up the descriptions of the melds. So, I simply made it seem like the effect isn't constant. Hope this isn't a problem for anyone.[/sblock]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Tom shakes his head thinking that he is seeing things due to his hangover.

"oh, sorry about that I just thought, you looked like..." Tom stops talking understanding that he is digging himself into a hole "Sorry about that, it was a rough morning and I'm not thinking particularly well at the moment. My name is Tom," As he says this he puts out his hand with a pleaseant smile on that seems ironic in comparison to his eyes "and judging by that spear were going to be working together."

Vertexx69

First Post
Platinus was packing up to leave this sleepy city when the pointy-eared youngling approached him with the invitation. The massive dragonborn hefted his pack over the blade on his back in preperation for one last try to find work in this place of carved stone and rotting, dead wood. He notices the girl handing out more invitation down the street and heads toward the dingy tavern with the rusted old fish plaque hanging over the set of swinging doors. A drunkard staggers around in front of the place with an invitation dangling loosely from his hand. "Hmmm, the girl must be desperate to invite every bumb off the street to this meeting. Maybe theres more to him than meets the eye..." He adjusts the position of one of his huge shoulder plates as he goes to pick up the wretch as he uncerimoniously falls over in a puddle of something rather unmentionable.

Geraldo

First Post
The near empty tavern was full of activity. While the tavern never closed, these early morning hours were the only time to clean. And there had been more cleaning than usual necessary since Brother James had arrived. But there was an upside to having the unsusual dwarf around. The gold had poured into the tavern over the past week. Brother James had a knack for keeping them drinking. Word had spread those first few days and soon the tavern was full every night.

Every night was a raging party. Somehow the dwarf had a knack for keeping everyone drinking hard. More amazing than that, though, there had not been a single fight any of these nights. Every time it looked like one would start, Brother James popped into the middle and ensured the end result was more drinks bought.

So there was some concern that morning as Brother James set down his tankard and announced he'd be leaving. "Well my fellows, I'm off. I've a line on some coin. A young lady gave me a note this morning when I woke and I can't let an opportunity for some coin pass me by. I'll see you when I return."

jager0727

First Post
Twi' Tar paces nervously waiting eagerly to find out what the mysterious note means. It's all he can do to keep himself from rushing over early, but he keeps in mind what his teachers in the arcane arts have taught him about being over-eager and rude.
After some anxious dice-playing with other dockside idlers who, like him, have been fruitlessly searching for work, he decides that it's best to seize the day.
"He won't mind," He states to the other player. "if I just stop by and have a look."
They stare at him, unsure what he's referring to.
Before they can respond to this interruption of gameplay. "After all no harm, right? I'll just take a look."
His voice fades as he begins rushing away from the docks. "No problem. it'll be okay if I just look around. Right? right....?"
The other men shake their heads and go back to their game having become used to the Hadozee's sudden eager out bursts in the days since he arrived.
Throwing caution to the wind, Twi' Tar whoops through town occasionally doing half-successful somersaults when he becoms too excited to contain himself. He is soon pacing near the requested meeting spot, looking with interest at everything surrounding him and looking for anyone else around.
He's rather proud of himself, having lasted almost a half-hour after the note was delivered before coming.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases