Thread: Thank You

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Scott_Rouse

Thank You

Hey ENWorlders (is that what we call ourselves?),

I just wanted to let everyone know that after 9 1/2 years, today is my last day at Wizards of the Coast. As I leave Wizards, I am left with nothing but respect and admiration for the people and products that have made it such a great company to work for. I will be staying in the Seattle area to pursue new opportunities in the gaming industry.

Working on Dungeons & Dragons has been the height of my career and I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this community. Through these forums I have formed many friendships and look forward to continuing to particpate as a fan of D&D. Plus, thanks to ENworld I have a permanent nickname in "The Rouse". I will continue to be an active member although my post count and frequency is going to slow down in the short term (at least until I start up a new D&D game group ).

If you want to connect with me outside of this community here is my LinkedIn profile.

Cheers,
    Scott Rouse

My Blog: Stepping out of the Books

thaumaturging
    Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    D&DI Defended The Walls!

° Ignore Thaumaturge
    I'm sorry to hear that. Unless this is something you wanted then... yippee!

I think the community has benefited from your input, so I hope you aren't a stranger.

Thaumaturge.
    Age of Shambles (on summer hiatus)

Lex republicae vita.

Law is the lifeblood of the Republic.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore w_earle_wheeler
    Good luck, Scott.

We'll be glad to see you around as a regular ol' D&D fan!

"If you're going to hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you'd better make d&#n sure the bad guy isn't you! "

- MACHETE

Best of luck in the future and glad to hear you won't become a scarce face in these parts!

joe b.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore ExploderWizard
    Best of luck in the job search. Its kind of tough finding any job these days and a game related job is the proverbial needle in the haystack. Stay in touch.

Wow! I hope everything works out for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by WotC_ScottR
    There will be no 4.5. It is 4th Edition.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Treebore
    Good luck, Scott. I wish you tons of luck in your new endeavors!
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. NEVER hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you, IF it goes against the obvious intent of the game. As you hew the line with respect to conformity to major systems and uniformity of play in general, also be certain the game is mastered by you and not by your players. Within the broad parameters give in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Volumes, YOU are creator and final arbiter. By ordering things as they should be, the game as a WHOLE first, your CAMPAIGN next, and your participants thereafter, you will be playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as it was meant to be. May you find as much pleasure in so doing as the rest of us do.

-1E DMG, page 230

Dear Scott,

I wish you and yours the best of luck in the next episode of life

love,

malkav

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

° Ignore Mustrum_Ridcully
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Rouse View Post
    Hey ENWorlders (is that what we call ourselves?),

I just wanted to let everyone know that after 9 1/2 years, today is my last day at Wizards of the Coast. As I leave Wizards, I am left with nothing but respect and admiration for the people and products that have made it such a great company to work for. I will be staying in the Seattle area to pursue new opportunities in the gaming industry.

Working on Dungeons & Dragons has been the height of my career and I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this community. Through these forums I have formed many friendships and look forward to continuing to particpate as a fan of D&D. Plus, thanks to ENworld I have a permanent nickname in "The Rouse". I will continue to be an active member although my post count and frequency is going to slow down in the short term (at least until I start up a new D&D game group ).

If you want to connect with me outside of this community here is my LinkedIn profile.

Cheers,
    What? Why? When? How?

I hope this is not an early "Christmas Present" (the kind of present WotC/Hasbro seems to like at the end of the year) and your own decision, and I hope you have found or will find a new kick-ass job.

And a kick-ass game, too.
    Mustrum "Gummibńrchen helfen auch" Ridcully

Thoughts of the Arch Chancellor - My weblog on EN World
    - containing game related material, like: house rules, design theories, reviews, play reports, adventure ideas

Secret Member of <Think we would just hide our secret with a spoiler tag, eh?>

Penguin Herder COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Nifft
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Rouse View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that after 9 1/2 years, today is my last day at Wizards of the Coast.
    Oh my. What bad news for WotC.

Best wishes for your job search, Scott.

Cheers, -- N

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast