Thank You

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I just wanted to let everyone know that after 9 1/2 years, today is my last day at Wizards of the Coast.

Good luck, Scott. I've appreciated your involvement in the community.

Now, wear a suit and get a haircut you hippie!

I will be staying in the Seattle area to pursue new opportunities in the gaming industry.

Oh ... um ... never mind about that suit and haircut then.

greywulf

First Post
I'll drink a beer in your honour and toast your best wishes for the future, Scott.

Thank you for all you've done for the hobby so far, and may you continue to keep right on doing it :cool:

Am I the only one who read, "I will be staying in the Seattle area to pursue new opportunities in the gaming industry" as "I've already got a better job lined up"?

I hope I'm reading that correctly. Although I've had (and continue to have) exactly zero interest in 4e as a game for me or my group, it's been fun to follow its development from an academic point of view at least, and it's been interesting to see Scott as a personable face of the company at a potentially difficult time PR-wise. I think you've done a great job, personally.

Is it me, though, or does this job burn through people at an awfully fast rate? I started paying attention about the time that I started my current job, and it seems like we've had half a dozen brand managers for D&D in that time.

hewligan

First Post
As someone who really disliked the path that WoTC took with 4e, and the way they trod on the community at times, it was always 'The Rouse' that would turn up and calm things down and make me think - "gee, this guy is really an awesome guy, and if he is here, keeping his company connected to the community, then all is not lost."

A terrible loss to WoTC, although I doubt they realise it yet.

Good luck Scott. With your passion, experience, and focus, I am sure you will continue to make waves in the gaming industry.

carborundum

Adventurer
Best of luck, Mr. The Rouse! I've enjoyed and respected all your posts here.

I heard a rumour that Paizo had a new editor starting - aren't they in Seattle?

/me ducks and covers :)

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Scott,

Thank you for all that you did to smooth the rough edges of the 4e launch and doing a bang-up job in community relations here. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Remove ads