[OOC] Pathfinder: Second Darkness

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
This is an out of character thread for my Second Darkness game. Please post characters and comments here.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So, as we talked, I think I'll be doing the Barbarian Cleric. So, have you yet given thought on the starting level yet?

I would like to suggest at least 2 so that I can start with both classes :D

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm interested. Any specifics (use of traits, generating abilities, allowed classes...)?

Here the background of my Half-Orc Druid (made him for this path, but we didn't came far (TRM's Second Darkness):

[sblock=Background]
[sblock=Image]
55.jpg

[/sblock]
Rorgar has lived his early life as a little dog biter in the seedier parts of Riddleport. His first memory is of himself avoiding to become pigmeat beyond the waves. As an orphan who didn't know if all this was a terrible accident or if his own parents tried to hush him, Rorgar had a difficult early life.
His life changed after trying to pick-pocket an elderly man he thaught to be just another soggy plum. The man revealed himself to be a druid and he saw potential in Rorgar. Thinking that better than ending in an earth bath, he followed him. There, he grew strong and wise.
This sect venerates more primal powers an less nature gods like Gozreh. They think they are charged to protect the material realm from otherworldly, unnatural forces (including celestials!).
After the shadow in the sky has become visible from all around Riddleport, the druid elders have performed some auguries, and all the signs point the same way—something or someone in Riddleport is connected to the blot, and it means bad news for the region. Rorgar has avoided the sleazy, dirty town for most of his 'new' life, traveling there only when accompanying his now deceased mentor, and although he doesn’t relish the prospect of going there now, he has little other choice. Fortunately, Kronk, a dwarf with a 'special' insight, is in town, and Rorgar has heard this friend (?) will be taking part in some gambling thing at a place called the Gold Goblin or at least will work near there.
[/sblock]

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm open to anyway you want to generate the character. All classes in the core book are open. The game will start in Varisia so the regional feats are open. You don't have to be from there.

I didn't know there was another Second Darkness game. I looked.:-S

Rat you start out as a 0/0 level character. :p:p

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm open to anyway you want to generate the character. All classes in the core book are open. The game will start in Varisia so the regional feats are open. You don't have to be from there.

I didn't know there was another Second Darkness game. I looked.:-S

Rat you start out as a 0/0 level character. :p:p
Emphasis on 'was'. I'm happy this path is up here again. Rise of the Runelords adventure path has two ongoing and two or three abandoned games.

jkason

First Post
I'm liking the Pathfinder system quite a bit, so I'd like to give it a go. This path doesn't seem to have the free players handout that RotRL does. Is there anything specific we'd need to know about the area?

Would a Paladin be completely out of place? If so, maybe a Ranger?

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Okay, so I am going to make a Human Male Sorcerer with the Air Elemental Bloodline.

Stats are going to be:

Name: Claud

Hair Color: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Skin: Slightly Tanned

Height: 5,10

Alignment: Neutral Good

2nd level Human Sorcerer, Air Elemental Bloodline

HP: 11
AC: 11

Speed: 30 feet

Hit Die: d6

Base Attack Bonus:+1

Combat Maneuver Bonus=+0
Combat Maneuver Defense=11

Saves
Fort: +1
Ref:+1
Will:+3

Str: 8
Dex: 12
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 16(14 base +2 for being Human)

Skills
Appraise 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill modifier+Int modifier=+7
Bluff 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Cha modifier=+8
Fly 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Dex modifier=+6
Knowledge(Arcana) 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Int modifier=+7
Knowledge(The Planes) 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+int modifier=+7
Spellcraft 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Int modifier=+7

Spells are going to be:

Cantrips
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Presdigitation
Mage Hand
Light

1st Level
Mage Armor
Color Spray

Feats
Eschew Materials(Sorcerer Bonus Feat)
Spell Penetration
Greater Spell Penetration

Spells per day
1st level-5

Spell-Like Abilities
Elemental Ray: 1d6+1 electricity damage, Ranged Touch Attack, Usable six times per day.

Bloodline Arcana
Claud can change any spell that does energy damage to do electricity damage.

Equipment
30 Rations
Bedroll
4 Flasks
Waterskin
4 Bars of Soap
20 sheets of parchment
Quill Pen
2 Ink Bottles
Dagger-1d4,19-20/X2, Range-10 ft.(This is more for use as a knife than for fighting)
Shortbow-1d6 X3 60 ft.
Arrows(20)

I will post things like character backround later. I may give him a last name, but I am not sure yet.:)

Okay, for skills I have 12 at second level because I have 3+Int modifier(I get an extra one for being Human) at first level. Under the Favored Class ruled you can either gain an extra skill point or an additional hit point(eve at first level) so I chose to take an additional skill point at first and second level. Giving me a total of 12 skill points at second level.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases