The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"There are questions better to not try to answer, if it's the gods' will that placed this box here, as they placed everything we see now, we shall only thanks them for the gift and use it, as we used everything we are given." Stating that the girl puts the box in her sack, and keeps walking the forests and plains looking out for any other hidden wonders...

Spot: 16

Theroc

First Post
"Did it come to play with you? Lizards enjoy the heat, at least, some of it. Not as much as we make, though, yes. It looks filthy, I think..."

Pyre shook his head briefly, lowering his spear slightly. "It called itself Kessyriss, and apparently wants to learn the 'secrets' of fire. Normally I would not have been concerned, except the fact that he slipped in so easily and drew no attention until now. I am unsure how I should proceed." Pyre related simply, his earthen shoulder's shrugging as the flames danced about the rocky surface. "Should I awaken the others to discuss how to proceed?"

Arkhandus

First Post
"Kessyriss is very small and must avoid nasty things," the scaly little creature rasps out in response, "Not big and powerful-looking like fire-person.... Might get hurt if I make noise wherever I go. Kessyriss has only little blades and soft armor. But look! Kessyriss can make fire too! A little...."

The beady-eyed scaly humanoid steps back and shifts his stance for a moment, making an odd little spinning motion with one arm, producing a short trail of flames in his hand's wake, which flicker and fade a few seconds later after burning around his hand but not harming the hand itself.

Hassad ignores the other little (yet larger than him...) creature's words and display, saying "Seshani will be upset. Do not wake her. Theris will be grumpy, worked all day. I will wake Tianulien, she won't mind much. Not sure of Metliz." Hassad flies towards the women's sleeping area, prodding Tianulien's shoulder repeatedly with his foot to bring her out of trance.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=Map]Another update will likely be posted sometime Friday.

For now, though, here's some links to the current battle-map. I'm trying ImageShack for now, and I'll see if I can embed the map images in posts at some point rather than just linking to them. Some of the ImageShack links are for downloading the image, others are for viewing it on the website, like the first link.
Battle map from 11-12-09, link.

Thumbnail link, not sure if this is the right one for these forums' format.
Thumbnail

Seems to be some occasional pop-up ads at ImageShack..... Well, we'll see how it works out and all, anyway. I can block some pop-ups at least, I can turn off cookies temporarily if I need to, and I didn't like the looks of the big Terms etc. at Photobucket, figuring that they might mean my contact info could perhaps be used to send me spam or otherwise used by PB's big-business owner. I don't trust Fox/Newscorp these days. At least IS doesn't require any registration or personal data.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Suggestion: upload the image to the forum directly from the attach bottom, it lets you upload images directly. Like this one.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• voda.jpg
    voda.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 55

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves, Round 3 Continues

Falryn chops down one wolf as it gets close! The wolf collapses in shock and loses consciousness, bleeding profusely from the wound on its back.

Elldar shoots a wolf point-blank, but only grazes it as he tries to stay hidden in the bushes rather than angling for a better shot........the wolf yips once in pain, already seriously wounded by one of the giants, but doesn't quite topple yet. However, both wolves near Elldar hear the crossbow's *TWANG!* and look at Elldar's bush, barely spotting the forest gnome, who blends in so well with the foliage but revealed his position with that point-blank attack.

The two wolves that had closed in first now snap at Angrboda and Jaegar, viciously wounding the giantess with a thigh-bite and lightly wounding the other giant with a calf-bite! Jaegar gets dragged down as the wolf yanks viciously at his leg, pulling him to the ground before it lets go and moves to face Jaegar's side and get away from the dangerous Angrboda and Kaznak. The other northern wolf tries to drag Angrboda down as well, after inflicting the nasty leg-wound to her, nearly severing her femoral artery but not quite..... Once that wolf lets go, it backs up a few feet carefully, going behind a tree for partial cover and to escape the reach of Angrboda and Jaegar's current melee weapons.

[sblock=ooc]Falryn only gets one attack per round.....and his readied action uses up his turn for this round, but I'll use the second attack/damage roll for Falryn's action next round. Just let me know which wolf Falryn will be striking at next round. You'll probably need to take a 5-foot step away from your next target though, due to the polearm's reach and inability to strike adjacent foes.

Elldar, though the wolves have been unable to spot you in your hiding place despite their now-close-proximity, they will spot you now as soon as you attack. They can smell you now from this proximity, but haven't found you hiding in the bushes just yet...... So they won't get an AoO against your crossbow attack this round, but your move action this round should probably be to draw your morningstar since the wolves will threaten you in melee after this turn.

Initiatives:
22 Western Wolves (w3 unhurt, w4 unconscious and dying)
21 Falryn
19 Elldar
13 Northern Wolves (w1 11 dmg, w2 12 dmg)
12 Kaznak
12 Angrboda (7 dmg, 1 hp left)
12 Jaegar (4 dmg, 10 hp left)
9 Eastern Wolves (w5 2 dmg, w6 unhurt)
8 Forge
4 Southern Wolf (w7 unhurt)

The northern wolves attack once despite their grievous injuries, before backing up 5 feet. One snaps at Angrboda, with a 24 (rolled 1 short of a crit threat) for 7 damage, while the other one snaps at Jaegar with a 21 for 4 damage. Trip attempts versus Angrboda and Jaegar: 16 and 20, ouch. Jaegar gets a 13 and falls prone. Roll Strength or Dexterity for Angrboda to resist the DC 16 trip attempt.

Kaznak and Angrboda may take their turns now for Round 3, and I'll handle Jaegar's after that.[/sblock]

Attachments

• map11-13-09.bmp
    206.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak nearly jumps in surprise as the wolves get around behind him, then Jaeger drops. Nevertheless, the dwarf draws in another breath and looses the flames within, spewing them at the wolves attacking the giants!

[sblock=OOC and Rolls]
Kaznak AC 16, HP 11/11

Using Cone breath weapon in the direction of the wolves and Jaeger, which should catch both of the beasts in the blast. Jaeger is immune to the damage.
Fire Breath: 6. Reflex DC 15 half.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolf 2 Down

Kaznak burns both wolves, drawing surprised yips of pain from both! The wolf that pulled down Jaegar now drops, falling unconscious, while the other one is just lightly singed.

Jaegar mutters "I'm.....not burned. Well, thank you, Kaznak Valignat Garkuun. Angrboda! Protect yourself, I will fend off these wolves."

[sblock=ooc]Wolf 2 got a natural 1 on Reflex, and wolf 3 got a 12 total, both failing. Wolf 2 falls unconscious and is dying.

Will move on after Angrboda acts.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
"Kessyriss is very small and must avoid nasty things. Not big and powerful-looking like fire-person.... Might get hurt if I make noise wherever I go. Kessyriss has only little blades and soft armor. But look! Kessyriss can make fire too! A little...."

Pyre would have blinked, if he could have. "This isn't a violent camp... but sneaking into it like that is a very likely hostile act. Had you wanted my attention, you would have been wiser to call to me from outside the camp..." Pyre observed, before gesturing to Hassad's new location. "Follow him, Kessyriss. I will be right behind you." The flamekin requested, picking up the rest of his belongings, as he pondered whether to trust the creature or not. He did not like distrusting him, but he also did not want to leave the camp vulnerable through his own error.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases