The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Forge holds the huge sword in both hands and wonders how it is he even knows how to use this awesome weapon.

[sblock=ooc] Round 1 will ready an action. Attack any wolf that comes in range of attack. And move so as to be part of defensive ring people are forming. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda, frustrated that she can't see the threat, roars wordlessly at the surrounding woods.

[sblock=OOC]Hold her action until she has a target she can see.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves, Round 1 Continues

The two sneaky wolves to the north continue to creep closer, slowly approaching Angrboda but still beyond her visual range in the foliage.

Two wolves to the east slink through the underbrush again, approaching the group's center but trying to stay out of sight for now....

Jaegar waits with polearm raised, trying to be vigilant despite being unable to see much.

The single wolf to the south creeps closer to the party's rear, but not quite close enough for anyone besides Falryn to have noticed it yet.

The western wolves creep closer as well, almost close enough for most of the group to see, but not quite yet....

[sblock=OOC]Sorry folks, lost my connection for almost a week, then I was just too busy and tired to get around to updating my PbPs for a while. Been a frustrating week and I apologize for the overlong delay. Seeing as I had to get a new modem and everything, it shouldn't be a problem again.

I will update sometime later today for the part of the group that was at the camp and such. And make a map for this battle, probably on Tuesday.

*Round 1 Ending*
Initiatives:
22 Western Wolves
22 Angrboda
19 Elldar
18 Forge
15 Falryn
13 Northern Wolves
12 Kaznak
9 Eastern Wolves
7 Jaegar
4 Southern Wolf

Angrboda holds. Elldar tries to take a shot, but his bolt just hits a tree in the distance. Falryn readies an attack. Forge moves a bit and readies an attack.

The two northern wolves move closer, sneaking within 45 feet of Angrboda.

Kaznak gets his round 1 action now. He may ready his breath weapon again if he likes, and may take a move action as well if so.

The eastern wolves will move closer after Kaznak's turn, sneaking again, to within 40 feet of the group's middle.

Jaegar holds.

The southern wolf sneaks to within 55 feet of the group's rear.

*Round 2 Begins*
The western wolves sneak to within 40 feet of the group's middle.

Angrboda, Elldar, Forge, and Falryn may take their Round 2 actions now.

The wolves are still far enough for those who haven't spotted them yet to still remain unaware of the wolves' exact positions, but that's only the case until next round, when the wolves will finally be close enough for everyone to take direct action against them. I'll try to hurry this round up to get us back on track.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Willette

First Post
Elldar curses his stray shot while fitting another bolt to the crossbow before raising it once more. Damn underbrush might be good for hiding but unlike Elldar the rest of his companions were too big to just sneak away. Clearing his mind the little gnome sets his sights on the nearest wolves and squeezes the trigger.

[sblock]
Roll Lookup
then reload again for move action
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]Second verse same as the first. As is my round 2 action is the same as my round 1. :p [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak tries to get behind Jaeger, saying "Keep that thing handy. I'll stay behind you. Don't worry about the flames I'll be spitting. They won't hurt you."

With that, Kaznak takes another deep breath, focusing on his fiery reserves.

[sblock=OOC]
Moving to get behind Jaeger, putting the giant between me and the wolves, preferably. Then readying line breath weapon to torch the first wolf to get within 30 feet.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Flanking Wolves

Elldar grazes a wolf with his bolt, aiming well but not quite well enough to score a solid hit in the wolf's head or torso, instead just grazing a shoulder and drawing blood. The wolf yips once in surprise at the sudden though minor wound.

Forge continues to stand ready for a wolf to get close enough, while Kaznak remains prepared to blast the first wolf to come within range.

The northern wolves seem to lose patience as some of their packmates on the flanks make some noise and rush a bit, so they spring through the underbrush faster now, leaping out to flank Angrobda! The giantess is startled for a moment, but at least she finally sees the two wolves. They don't show up quickly enough to strike her first......

[sblock=OOC]I'm still waiting for Falryn's action, if he's not just going to continue to wait for a wolf's approach.

I'm assuming that Angrboda continues to delay on her turn, so she may act now as the northern wolves reveal themselves to flank her.

Kaznak may also take his readied action now. The two wolves by Angrboda are about 15 feet away from Kaznak, give or take 5 feet. I'll work on getting a map finished Tuesday.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Around Camp And Thereabouts

Pyre clears away a ring around the camp, crossing the stream carefully when needed by way of a crude, thin bridge of sorts that Theris made a few days ago from a split tree. By the time his watch comes around in the evening, the ring is finished, extending further outward from camp than the small animal pen where Angrboda's chickens, goats, and such are held.

Tianulien carves part of a bow, taking short breaks every hour or two and feeding the animals in the pen with some food gathered earlier.

Theris works on her wooden stakes, chopping up a tree to make them, but doesn't finish today.

Metliz and Seshani return from their trip in the early evening, and Hassad flies lazily about the other side of camp from where Pyre is, keeping watch from the opposite end for better coverage.

During Pyre's watch, something approaches the camp very quietly and isn't even noticed until it's about 10 feet away from Pyre.........it's small like Elldar, but spindly and scaley.....with an elongated snout and a short tail, kind of hunched over in posture and skittish. Its eyes are beady, yellow, and kind of glow in the faint light of the moon and Pyre's living flames. The little creature wears clothes of some sort, mottled and dark, with a few small weapons strapped on. The little humanoid figure hisses quietly, holding up both hands in a 'please-don't-hurt-me-fire-person' gesture.

It looks up at him imploringly and says in a scratchy little voice "No hurt Kessyriss? Burning one is not hurt by fire? Not burn Kessyriss? You know secrets of fire? Maybe teach Kessyriss...?"

Seshani and Metliz are gone most of the day on their little exploratory trip, heading off southeast and searching for any useful herbs, tasty fruits or berries, and possibly game animals they could catch for dinner tonight. They keep a lookout for anything that might help Tianulien craft her bows or musical instruments, but don't find anything useful for that today, barely a few miles from camp. They follow some foxes at one point, but the foxes elude them after a short chase.

In the middle of the day, Metliz and Seshani find something curious sitting on a rock in a small clearing..... It's a small, ornate box, made of shiny metals like gold, silver, copper, and platinum, and decorated with many strange line-patterns. It appears to be made of many little pieces, each piece decorated with some kind of pattern and a tiny, tightly-embedded gemstone stud.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak blasts forth a line of flames, trying to scorch the wolves. Unfortunately, his fiery focus isn't quite as hot as it should be...

[sblock=Rolls]
Breath Weapon Damage (Ref DC 15 half): 2
AC 16, HP 14/14
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda's eyes light up as she sees the wolves pounce. Maybe she doesn't understand the danger or maybe she enjoys the thrill of battle; whatever the case, a fierce expression transforms her face as she strikes out at one of the wolves attacking her with a javelin. "Che divonai!" she yells as she attacks.

[sblock=OOC]AC 14; hp 8/8
standard: melee attack with javelin - 1d20+5=15
--damage if successful 1d6+5=10
move: none[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases