The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Sure! Sounds like fun!" replies Metliz before following Seshani, giving a little hop from the trun she's sitting on.

[sblock=Seshani]I found this picture going through Devianart last night, think it fits her.
yueh_maiden_by_Fangwei.jpg

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Drawing the massive weapon from his baldric, Forge holds it steady still looking about to see the wolves he hears.

[sblock=ooc]Draw weapon = move action [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Pyre nods to the Dwarven woman, picking up his shortsword as he wandered just outside the camp as she had directed, assuming that the others could keep a proper watch during the day, and call him if needbe. Keeping his fire cool so as not to ignite the brush he was collecting.

[sblock=OOC]
Is there any form of check I should roll to indicate how well Pyre is coming along with this task?[/sblock]

Willette

First Post
It seems like none of the wolves have spotted Eldar and so he begins to move slowly backwards, retreating to a safe position within the group from which he can provide ranged support without the danger of being first in line for the wolves to attack

[sblock=OOC]
This is the only action i can think to take as a shot at the wolves is likely to miss with the range penalty and concealment. Also, i'm probably not the best suited to frontline defense so i'll move at max speed allowed while hidden (5ft is it? if i succeed) back to the centre of the group for protection i guess? My newness to this makes me wonder if this is the best action or not so feel free to ask me what the hell i'm doing :p haha

Roll Lookup

Sweet jesus....a hide roll of 31. i should've attacked :p haha
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Falryn has nothing to attack yet.....

Elldar slinks off beside Angrboda to hide by a bush, as Forge and Falryn each draw their weapons.

A moment later, the wolf to the north slinks forward, still hidden just enough that Angrboda, Jaegar, and Forge can't see it. The northmost wolf gets within 70 feet of Angrboda in that movement, still moving slowly to avoid making much noise or otherwise giving away its position. A second wolf slinks along beside it, likewise hidden.

[sblock=OOC]Kaznak's turn now.

Uh, rangerjohn......the wolves are all about 90 feet away. As stated right in the IC text of the post where they were first mentioned.

Elldar, there's no room in the middle of the group yet, until somebody in the middle moves out of your way, and you beat them in initiative so you move first. I'll assume then that Elldar just moves to hide in a bush off to the side but near Kaznak and Jaegar, then.

Your speed is 20 feet, or 10 feet in this terrain, reduced to 5 feet when trying to sneak around as best you can (you can move faster at a penalty to Hide and Move Silently checks, though). So in the surprise round, Elldar moves 5 feet diagonally, beside Angrboda for now and crouching in the bushes.

Pyre does not need any kind of checks to handle the simple task Theris suggested[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak grumbles, "More than one? That must be why they're attacking..."

The dwarf casts his eyes about and inhales mightily.

[sblock=OOC]
Kaznak AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13, HP 13/13

Readied action to use line breath weapon against the first wolf to get within 30 feet. I don't care if allies are in the way, since they are immune due to Endure Exposure.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves! Round 1 Starts

Two wolves move in closer to the party's eastern flank, moving more hastily than their kin and making a bit more noise as they grow eager in the hunt, but still faint enough that Angrboda can't find them, and neither can Forge or Jaegar pinpoint them despite hearing the movement over that way. Falryn, Elldar, and Kaznak can see them though.

Jaegar steps over by a tree and lowers his halberd slightly, saying "Form a defensive perimeter....Elldar can take cover in the center."

Another wolf approaches quietly from the south, seen only by Falryn as it gets within 80 feet of him at the party's rear.

The two wolves to the west creep closer to get within 65 feet, still sneaking about and hidden from all but Elldar, Falryn, and Kaznak. Forge and Jaegar can hear their approach, but cannot see them yet.

[sblock=Round 1]Initiatives:
22 Western Wolves
22 Angrboda
19 Elldar
18 Forge
15 Falryn
13 Northern Wolves
12 Kaznak
9 Eastern Wolves
7 Jaegar
4 Southern Wolf

Kaznak readies his breath weapon.

Two wolves move closer from the east, getting within 65 feet and no longer hiding very effectively; however, Angrboda, Jaegar, and Forge got such poor Spot checks that they still can't see these wolves from that distance with the concealing foliage.

Jaegar moves 5 feet eastward, only able to hear something approaching from that way but unable to spot the wolves.

One wolf approaches within 80 feet to the south, unseen by all but Falryn, though Jaegar and Forge hear some of the movement from that direction.

Surprise round has ended. Angrboda, Elldar, Forge, and Falryn may each take their first full turn now, for Round 1.[/sblock]

Willette

First Post
Elldar reaches the safety of the group and thanks the voice in his head for helping him find such large companions. He'd never have dreamt of fighting the wolves alone. Brushing such thoughts from his mind he raises his cross bow and begins sighting for a target.

[sblock=OOC]
Roll Lookup
Ugh. 9 even before range penalty if one applies. Gross.

I'll reload as my move and thats my turn.

I may not be able to get to a computer this weekend as mine is completely fried so if i end up being gone for too long just keep me shooting until I have no option but shoot into melee as the penalty will kill my chances to hit. Then out comes the morningstar, i'll help someone out as opposed to fighting alone if at all possible. If I get attacked alone, or someone is basically on the verge of dying, use my helm to flare the attacker as a free action.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases