The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Arkhandus

First Post
A Shiny Box And Wolf Wounds

The elaborate box is warm to the touch, from sunlight bearing down on it for a while, but nothing unusual happens from Metliz's touch.

Seshani approaches and takes a closer look at the shiny box, muttering "How pretty......I wonder what it is....?"

Angrboda stabs a wolf viciously, leaving a horrid wound in its back!

Kaznak exhales a short, startling blast of fire at the same wolf, but it's only a thin stream of dark red flames, not hot enough to do any serious harm. Still, it does catch the wolf by surprise, so the wolf is caught square in the center of the fiery wisps, and yips once.

Jaegar glances back at Elldar for a moment, then to Angrboda, and mutters "Sorry Elldar...." as he rushes towards the other wolf next to Angrboda. He mutters "Tem nol chen" and brandishes his halberd with a short spin and swift chop at the other wolf flanking his mate. THe wolf is dealt a vicious blow just as terrible as the one Angrboda dealt the other northern wolf.

[sblock=OOC]The wolf gets a 9 on its Reflex save, suffering 2 fire damage. Angrboda hits for 10 damage to that northern wolf, but not enough to drop it. Jaegar stops holding his action and moves to defend his mate, though torn between that impulse and his initial comment that the warriors should protect the non-warriors. Jaegar uses his Battle Focus Combat Rite, and gets a 14 to hit for 10 damage on the other northern wolf, barely hitting but not dropping the wolf.

I'll wait until sometime later Wednesday before finishing the round, to see if Falryn wants to stop waiting for a wolf to get close and instead do something else. If not, I'll assume he keeps waiting next to Elldar and Forge to strike at the first wolf to come within his reach. I'll handle the last few wolves' actions for this round next time I post.

Was busy and out of the house most of the day, so I haven't gotten a map done yet, dangit. I might just make an ASCII map on Wednesday for expediency, but I'd rather get a better map posted.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Pyre was watching, though apparently his vigil had waned at some point, as a small creature about Elldar's size infiltrated the camp. As soon as he noticed it, a shortspear was pointed directly at the creature as the Elemental called out.

"Hassad! Come quickly!" Pyre's voice rang out clearly, but not overly loud.

"No hurt Kessyriss? Burning one is not hurt by fire? Not burn Kessyriss? You know secrets of fire? Maybe teach Kessyriss...?"

Pyre did not reply immediately, waiting for Hassad. "Do not move." He warned the creature, not hostile, but also stern. Pyre did not know whether he should attack or not, and was seeking council.

Arkhandus

First Post
Battle Continues, and Other Things, too

Metliz picks up the shiny box and looks it over from different angles, turning it around slowly in her hands. It's well-crafted and intricate, with fine lines distinguishing the different patterns and slightly larger gaps showing the edges of each piece. It looks and feels like........the pieces might be moveable?

Seshani mutters "It certainly is.......but what is it for? How'd it get there?" curiously.

At camp, Kessyriss flinches and cowers a bit, while Hassad the little bronze man with fiery hair floats over to Pyre's end of the camp in a few seconds at Pyre's call. "Yes, what is it?" he asks, looking about and noticing the scaley little creature ahead. "Did it come to play with you? Lizards enjoy the heat, at least, some of it. Not as much as we make, though, yes. It looks filthy, I think..."

Wolves from the eastern flank move in to threaten Jaegar and Forge, rushing in faster now and one of them flanking Jaegar with the wolf that the giant man had just seriously wounded!

The wolf to the south rushes closer as well, but remains mostly hidden, halting a short distance from the rear of the party, still hiding in the foliage.

Two wolves from the western flank rush in as well, menacing Forge and Falryn! One flanks Forge with an eastern wolf.

[sblock=Round 2 OOC]Wound up too busy today to make a map, so that's on my to-do list for Thursday.

I'm assuming Falryn continues to wait for a wolf to get within melee reach of him.

*Round 2 Ending*
Initiatives (Changed By Readied/Delayed Actions):
22 Western Wolves
21 Falryn
19 Elldar
13 Northern Wolves
12 Kaznak
12 Angrboda
12 Jaegar
9 Eastern Wolves
8 Forge
4 Southern Wolf

The two wolves to the east rush closer, one moving to flank Jaegar and the other moving in to threaten Forge. Forge may take his readied attack now.

The southern wolf moves faster, but not quite exposing itself to those three people. It moves to within 15 feet of the group's southern point.

Round 3 begins, and the western wolves move in to threaten Falryn and flank Forge. Falryn may take his readied attack now.

Once Forge and Falryn have taken their readied attacks, Elldar may take his round 3 action.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Forge takes the huge blade he always carries and holds it out to his side. As the wolf draws close the young male thinks that he shouldn't hurt the poor animal so he swings his blade wide tring to scare it away.

[sblock=ooc] IC also doesn't want Forge to hurt the wolves To hit= 7 :eek: [/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Yes, which it looks like isn't going to happen. Don't know what they're after, but apparently its not a fight. Guess I should have gone archer rather than polearmsman.

Arkhandus

First Post
OOC: Falryn gets his readied attack now, though......it's mentioned in the OOC in my previous post. At this point 3 or 4 wolves are within his reach. I'll have the map done a little later today. And this is just one fight with a pack of wolves; you won't always face sneaky critters that try to hide in the brush, and you won't always be in thick forests. Elldar, take your turn now as well.

Willette

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
If there are any wolves i can see not in melee i'll fire at them otherwise i'll draw my morningstar and move to attack with angrboda and jaegar
Roll Lookup
apparently my only option on damage rolls is a solitary 1....goddamn invisiblecastle strikes again.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases