The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn asks if Theris will watch his crafting tools while they scout? He then loads his supplies and joins the group that is leaving. Before leaving he says goodbye to Theris and Tianulien.

Theroc

First Post
Pyre blinks at all the hustle and bustle, though he catches Kaznak's friendly jest about Pyre's form, hinting at the fact that it was intimidating. The thought hadn't precisely occurred to the being that he himself was intimidating without effort, but it was something to ponder. Perhaps he could intimidate without violence?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda returns to the group now wearing a leather jack. A bulging backpack with a shovel and an iron pot strapped to the outside rests over her armor and she carries a fist full of javelins. She looks around at the gathered members of the community and says, "We shouldn't be gone longer than a few days at most. We'll try to bring back what you need, Tianulien. Is there anything else anyone wants us to keep an eye out for?"

Arkhandus

First Post
"Nah," is Theris' response. Tianulien and Seshani say nothing.

Jaegar removes a few things from his tent and sets them aside, then packs up his tent and bedroll to bring along.

Soon everyone who's going on the scouting trip is ready, and they head out northward towards the hills and mountains.

[sblock=OOC]Well, let me know if any of you are staying behind in the camp. Right now I'm sure that Angrboda, Kaznak, Falryn, Elldar, Forge, and Jaegar are going. I'm still unclear on whether or not Pyre or Metliz are going.

Also, I'd like a general marching order, and night-watch order, for when the scouting group rests at night. Spellcasters like Angrboda or Metliz don't need to take any night-watches, though Falryn will be awake half the night anyway as an elf (just need to know during which shift). Only need 2 or 3 night-watch shifts, depending on who's on watch.

Back at the camp, Tianulien will be taking watch most of the night and Hassad the fire gen will keep watch all night, though he's only capable of warning and waking others, not really fighting anything more than a small dog.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak walks over, ready to follow Angrboda's lead out of the camp. "Ready when you are. But before we go..." Kaznak growls something out, gesturing with his hands, then taps each member of the company that's heading out. Sometimes he has to perform this little ritual twice... "There. Now my breath can't hurt you."

[sblock=OOC]
Casting Endure Exposure on each person leaving with us. Since it'll fail at least once, I'll use it as many times as needed to get everyone warded against my breath weapon.
[/sblock]

Kaznak will try to walk in the center, or a little forward of that, of the group. He'll also take any watch at all, his darkvision a boon for that sort of thing. And since he has no need to prepare spells, it doesn't bother him to get up in the middle of the night. Also, each morning, the dwarf will perform the same ritual, tapping each person to grant them protection from his breath weapon.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Forge has his belongings gathered and ready in no-time, his eagerness to be doing something that will put him back to working the hammer and anvil is apparent.

[sblock=ooc]Forge will take any watch needed, he has no specifics. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Pyre watches the group prepare to leave, as the Flamekin wonders whether or not his watch will be needed this night. However, since he does not sleep, he'll be awake regardless, and he does not even need the light he provides himself.

[sblock=OOC]
Pyre's staying behind to defend the camp, since almost everyone else is going off scouting.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda watches with great interest as Kaznak does his ritual for everyone. When he finishes she smiles, nods, and says, "Thank you. I don't understand your ritual but perhaps you can explain it as we travel."

Since it seems everyone who is going has gathered gear and reassembled she looks at the little man: "Lead on, Elldar."

As the group travels Angrboda will talk with whomever seems willing but she will also keep her eye out for edibles, for a creature to hunt for Tianulien's craft, and for plants or insects that she can use to pigment inks.

[sblock=Rolls]Knowledge (Nature) 1d20+7=9
Survival 1d20+8=24[/sblock]

Remove ads