Proposal - Siblyx (Murphy Tang)'s Overhaul

renau1g

First Post
So with November 6th coming sooner rather than later and the Assassin class becomes available I feel that this class was more in line with Siblyx's background/initial intent than the Warlock class.

Proposed: Change Siblyx from a Warlock to an Assassin

Comments: I'll wait until the Icy Spire is complete, a couple thoughts on how it can be accomplished include the initial fey spirit is upset that Murphy interfered with the Icy Spires plans and has removed their boon from him. During his time between adventures, Murphy is affected by this loss and begins searching for a way to repair his lost power and begins delving into the realm of shadows, managing to harness its power much like he harnessed the fey pact in the past. He seeks out and learns the way of the blade from a master swordsman and combines the deadliness of the blade with his newfound shadow powers to become a silent and lethal hunter. His doppelganger racial power allows him to become whomever he needs so he can get close to his target, placing shrouds while he distracts them with his bluff...

Rationale: Assassin was not available when I created Siblyx, but the fluff of it fits him perfectly. The change of a class isn't much different than that of a racial change, perhaps even less impacting, especially if I can use the above reasoning for the change.

Other details:

Ability scores change to 12 str, 14 con, 18 dex, 8 int, 10 wis, 18 cha

Feat: Hidden Insight, Weapon Prof (Full blade)

Powers: Shadow Storm, Inescapable Blade, Gloom Thief, Targeted for Death, Cloak of Shades

Equipment: Change Rod of Reaving into Lifedrinker Fullblade (nothing more terrifying than the assassin who steals souls)

Summary: With the creation of the Assassin class, my initial vision for Siblyx as a supernatural killer is now available in a much better form than the warlock (which at the time seemed the only fit).

Thanks!

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, there's no Doppelgagner in CB anymore, it auto-converted him to changeling.

My thinking:
Changelings are Doppelgangers but just with a different name and an actual PC write-up. The stat block in the back of the MM isn't really designed for player use but for DM use in creating NPCs.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
The intro to the "Races" chapter of the Eberron Player's Guide (page 26) states:

Changelings appear in the Monster Manual under the doppelganger entrey, and waforged appear in that book as well. The presentation in this book fleshes out these races to make them more suitable as player character races. Whenever this book contradicts the Monster Manual, the information here supersedes what is there.

So, yeah, changelings are fully PC-ified doppelgangers.

Ozymandias79

First Post
OK, well I had this idea that maybe doppelganger is an allarian derogatory for changelings, or just that you call friendly/good/allied changelings changeling and hostile/evil/enemy changelings for doppelganger

JoeNotCharles

First Post
YES on the basic premise of rebuilding Murphy as an Assassin - haven't checked that the actual stat changes, etc. you posted are legal, that's up to the character checkers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases