Goliath Warden Build Help

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Form of the Winter's Herald is awesome. It really limits the ability of opponents to get to the other PCs, especially if the warden gets out in front of the other PCs.

For your 3rd level, I recommend Earthgrasp Strike (assuming you're playing an Earthstrength warden). So far, no opponent my warden has hit with the power has ever lived long enough to get up from the power. It works quite well if you have a rogue in the party.

Thatwackyned

First Post
I don't underatand why Polearm Gamble is effective.

Polearm Gamble

Prerequisites:
Str 15, Wis 15

Benefit:
When a nonadjacent enemy enters a square adjacent to you, you can make an opportunity attack with a polearm against that enemy, but you grant combat advantage to that enemy until the end of the enemy’s turn.

Why would a Warden want this feat?​

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
Build Earthstrength Goliath Warden
Get Craghammer Proficiency
Get Form of Winter's Herald
Win Game

Volk Holmgangson: Slayer of Everything

[sblock]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Volk Holmganggson, level 9
Goliath, Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 17, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 24 Fort: 22 Reflex: 20 Will: 20
HP: 95 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 24

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +13, Perception +11, Endurance +9, Athletics +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +4, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +6, Heal +6, History +4, Insight +6, Intimidate +3, Religion +4, Stealth +3, Streetwise +3, Thievery +3

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)
Level 2: Weapon Focus (Hammer)
Level 4: Weapon Expertise (Hammer)
Level 6: Revitalizing Font of Life
Level 8: Toughness

POWERS
Warden at-will 1: Strength of Stone
Warden at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Warden encounter 1: Hungry Earth
Warden daily 1: Form of Winter's Herald
Warden utility 2: Bounding Leap
Warden encounter 3: Burst of Earth's Fury
Warden daily 5: Winter's Grip
Warden utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Warden encounter 7: Earth Gift
Warden daily 9: Form of the Stone Sentinel

ITEMS
Hammer Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Cloak of the Walking Wounded +2, Veteran's Hide Armor +2, Dynamic Craghammer +2, Belt of Vigor (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier) (2), Adventurer's Kit, Acrobat Boots (heroic tier), Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier), Guardian's Call Craghammer +3

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Form of the Winter's Herald is awesome. It really limits the ability of opponents to get to the other PCs, especially if the warden gets out in front of the other PCs.

For your 3rd level, I recommend Earthgrasp Strike (assuming you're playing an Earthstrength warden). So far, no opponent my warden has hit with the power has ever lived long enough to get up from the power. It works quite well if you have a rogue in the party.

Damn you! My creatures will survive to stand again yet! *fistshake*

Belphanior

First Post
That's not an answer. Indeed, it doesn't even seem to make much sense.

If a creature gets slowed in the middle of his movement and already walked more than 2 squares, he immediately stops.

So somebody rushes you.
Then you make an OA, which interrupts the trigger and thus takes place before he reaches you.
If you hit on the OA, he is then slowed. Which probably means he is now also stuck and can't attack you.

In this manner you can become impervious to conventional melee attacks.

Belphanior

First Post
No, that is wrong. He doesn't need to be adjacent to you. Quite the opposite in fact: You make the OA when a non-adjacent enemy tries to move adjacent to you. But OAs are interrupts and will take place before the action that triggered it. So he becomes slowed before he reaches you.

Remove ads