Goliath Warden Build Help

I believe 14 con, 14 wis and 13 dex instead of 17 strength is a good idea if you want to go for polearm gamble.

You have to get to 15 wis anyway at paragon level, so this is where you could start. raise your dex to 15 and you qualify for HBO which could also be quite nice.

What you should not do however is using 17/16 build with a race that increases those two stats... your reflex and will defense will be deadly low. I would be especially worried about the hole in the will defense...

Thatwackyned

First Post
Ok, so we've started playing now. Warden, Warlock, Wizard, and Sorc. We're doing a campaign against Kobolds and damn are those suckers tough. Not to kill, but they get a +1 to hit for every Kobold surrounding the target. As a level 1 warden, what's my best strat to keep from having my ass handed to me?

RedBeardJim

First Post
If the kobolds are surrounding and focusing on you, you've got a couple of tools to weather the situation. As Earthstrength, you add your Con mod to your AC when you use Second Wind, *on top of* the +2 you normally get, and that lasts till your next turn. As a Goliath, you get the Resist 5 racial ability once per encounter, and *that* lasts till your next turn. Those will go a long way to keeping you up and fighting while your teammates help whittle down the bad guys, especially since your mark is a free action.

RedBeardJim

First Post
Well, it's not your only job. I'm just saying that if you're getting into that kind of situation, you've got the tools to get through it better than most. If you stuck with the polearm build you were talking about earlier, you've got reach on your Warden's Fury attack, which helps keep the little buggers focused on you as well.

Thatwackyned

First Post
I went with Sword and Board, So me AC and Reflex is as high as possable. I'm not looking to be the damage dealer. I took mark of warding as my first level feat (called it a tribal tattoo and worked it in to my background). That makes me their fav target.

Herschel

Adventurer
Ok, so we've started playing now. Warden, Warlock, Wizard, and Sorc. We're doing a campaign against Kobolds and damn are those suckers tough. Not to kill, but they get a +1 to hit for every Kobold surrounding the target. As a level 1 warden, what's my best strat to keep from having my ass handed to me?

Find someone to play a leader. ;v) Actually, I don't think I am kidding. The advice given so far is very good and as a warden you have more HP and surges than anyone, but those "extra" surges are only as good as the source(s) to trigger them. A Battle Cleric or Warlord would be nice to give you some front line help. Barring that potentially unlikely situation, just follow the advice given already.

Destil

Explorer
You may also want to pick up the warlord (or cleric/bard/artificer) muilticlass feat. It's an extra surge a day whenever you need it most...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases