Goliath Warden Build Help

sigfile

Explorer
I'd also recommend a few swaparounds. Take Form of Mountain's Thunder as your L5 Daily - it's a solid offensive AND defensive boost, and lets you further benefit from items and feats that give you bonuses while in a guardian form.

I'd also encourage grabbing Weapon Expertise instead of Markings of the Elements. That's a very situational feat, requiring opponents to be dealing elemental damage AND hitting you before it's going to be useful.

Vicious Advantage is nice, but also situational. Good ol' Toughness will give you a bit more of a defensive edge, and can optionally be retrained at Paragon for Enhanced Font of Life for a +1 to saving throws.

Thatwackyned

First Post
I have a question about Stoneblessed Path. With the Unusual Reach granting YOUR melee reach by +1, my DM states that it does not apply to a polearm.

Is this true? If not, how can I prove it?

Thank you.

Aulirophile

First Post
I have a question about Stoneblessed Path. With the Unusual Reach granting YOUR melee reach by +1, my DM states that it does not apply to a polearm.

Is this true? If not, how can I prove it?

Thank you.
If I can reach out a little over five feet, and I am holding something that reaches a little over five feet, the end of said object is a little over 10 feet away from me. In squares that means I am attacking with reach 2.

Also "Melee" and "Weapon" are different keywords. You'll notice your powers have both. So take your melee reach, add your weapon reach, and now you have reach 3.

Honestly not sure why he'd think a Paragon Path feature isn't completely beneficial.

Thatwackyned

First Post
Thanks, I'll pass that on.

Will the Unusual Reach +1 melee + a Polearm + Form of the oaken sentinal = reach +4?

or does Unusual reach not stack with Oaken Sentinal.

Aulirophile

First Post
Thanks, I'll pass that on.

Will the Unusual Reach +1 melee + a Polearm + Form of the oaken sentinal = reach +4?

or does Unusual reach not stack with Oaken Sentinal.
Says "increases." It stacks. My Goliath Warden took the Eternal Defender ED and Stoneblessed. He wields a Halberd 1-handed, his base reach is 4 (meaning he can attack up to 4 squares away... there is some debate about whether that should be called reach 3, i.e., three squares in addition to normal melee reach. I find different parts of the rules about reach confusing with one definition but not the other and vice versa).

Aulirophile

First Post
Specifically I took Battle Awareness (one/encounter when an adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target, you can make an MBA against it as an Immediate Interrupt). It makes shifting away dangerous at least once per encounter, and if for some reason I'm not marking something I can still thwack it.

Remove ads