Proposal: Atreus D'torian's Overhaul

dimsdale

First Post
As far as I am concerned, the best thing to do is simply to Retire your character, claim he was killed (or hell, arranged for him to actually die at the end of the enxt advneture if the DM is willing). Then make your new Revenant assassin as per standard rules for new PC and in his background state that he is Atreus who came back to life.

Great storyline Mal. I like it.

Atriden

First Post
Well, I have thought of doing exactly that, but as I understand it, when a character is retired he can't simply return even if he somehow gets reincarnated or resurrects as a undead. Thanks for the suggestion though ;).

In other news, I don't think the overhaul will be necessary, looks like Covaithe is trying to break his record of how many PC's he can get killed during an adventure :p.

I think Il just retire Atreus when 'the closed eye' is over or when he dies. Its a lot easier.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I agree. Shame the retirement rules are so financially harsh, but them's the breaks.
:confused: I asked something similar (changing class a while ago (Riardon Warlord, Multiclass Wizard -> Riardon Swordmage, Multiclass Warlord) and got directed to the retirement rules. Retire your character, built a new one with the same name/background, loose all items, but gain retirement standard equipment (less than the DMG says).
So I played him to 2nd level and started with a new swordmage.

You should make the player loose something for recreation. He then can do it, if it seems really necessary, but disaalows changing your character every few weeks on a whim.

Less items and being reduced to minimum XP of the level sounds fair. Will make this a new proposal.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
:lol:

My sympathy for Atriden's plight has increased dramatically with the new Primal Power sourcebook.

I'm starting to think that my vision for my ranger Kendrick Kent might be better rendered with a Whirlwind Barbarian!

:lol:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases