Changes to The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon Whore?

I just purchased a copy of the XRP 1-on-1 module The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon Whore. The adventure is written for one 7th-level barbarian. I plan to run it modified for a group of four on EN World's pbp, only using an all-female cast. Suggestions for what starting level a foursome should be?

Crothian

First Post
In think 4th or fifth level. I haven't looked at the stats of the cdreatures, I would just see what their defenses (AR, SR, etc) are like and make sure that the group is able to win the battles. But I wouldn't worry as much about that as having fun with tyhe story. Are all the players female or the characters?

4th or 5th level, huh? That was higher than I was thinking (but, then again, that's why I asked). I was actually thinking a party of 2nd or 3rd level PCs could tackle a module intended for a lone 7th-level barbarian. I ordered the module only today and thus haven't seen the stats yet, so I can't speak to what might be needed but was hoping to at least get a general sense of what I should be considering.

Are all the players female or the characters?
I don't know that there are enough lady gamers on EN World's pbp forums to support an all-female player group. I was leaning toward a mixed-gender group of players but with the requirement that all the characters be female.

Crothian

First Post
Why require the characters be female? The character the module is made for is male.

I haven't looked at the module in a while, it does have advice for running it with a group.

I had a conversation with some EN World friends recently in which I said I felt the lack of a female presence on our friendly pbp boards, both in terms of the gamers ourselves and the types of characters we tend to see. It was this conversation that got me to thinking that I'd like to play in or run an "all-girl" game. Just for the hell of it. I specifically picked the XRP demon whore module because it was crafted for a barbaric male--okay, and because I knew Joe in college and like to support XRP. Seemed appropriate for the nature of the thing I want to do. ;)

Filcher

First Post
I had a conversation with some EN World friends recently in which I said I felt the lack of a female presence on our friendly pbp boards, both in terms of the gamers ourselves and the types of characters we tend to see. It was this conversation that got me to thinking that I'd like to play in or run an "all-girl" game. Just for the hell of it. I specifically picked the XRP demon whore module because it was crafted for a barbaric male--okay, and because I knew Joe in college and like to support XRP. Seemed appropriate for the nature of the thing I want to do. ;)

All "girl" game + pleasure palace of a demon whore? This is a train wreck made in heaven. Can't wait to read the story hour.

This is a train wreck made in heaven. Can't wait to read the story hour.
Thanks! :) I'm more excited that I originally anticipated about the prospect of doing a little gender bending with my D&D.

I googled the module by title and came up with a couple of free previews of different sections of the text, but couldn't find anything in the front half of the adventure that suggested at what level a party of four should begin play. Anyone with the module in hand, is there a tidbit in the rear (pun intended! :cool:) that details starting level for a 4-PC or 5-PC party?

Conversely, do any of my fellow EN Worlders have suggestions for a starting level? Again, this is for a 1-on-1 XRP module that calls for a 7th level barbarian. I'll be looking to run it for a party of four.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Conversely, do any of my fellow EN Worlders have suggestions for a starting level? Again, this is for a 1-on-1 XRP module that calls for a 7th level barbarian. I'll be looking to run it for a party of four.

Well, the back cover says "This adventure is designed for Krunk, barbarian of the frozen wastes, a 7th-Level barbarian, but if you play it with anyone other than Krunk, you’d best be a few levels higher. Krunk is a god among men."

Crothian

First Post
It doesn't seem to say what you'd want for a normal party but it does say

This adventure is designed for Krunk, barbarian of the frozen waste, a 7th level Barbarian, but if you play it with anyone other then Krunk, you'd best be a few levels higher. Krunk is a god among men.

Yeah, saw that tidbit. I'll probably make it work for a party who starts at 4th level. If anyone strongly begs to differ, would you please fire off a post saying what level you'd start a group of four players at? Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases