D&D 4th Edition [4e] Risen - Chapter I: Grave Danger (Full)




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Sparky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,338

    Ignore Sparky

    [4e] Risen - Chapter I: Grave Danger (Full)

    Recruitment is currently closed.

    Risen

    Chapter I: Grave Danger

    Starring...

    Unknown, Unknown Unknown... KarinsDad
    Unknown, Unknown Unknown... lotuseater
    Unknown, Unknown Unknown... okdaddio
    Unknown, Unknown Unknown... Pangalin
    Unknown, Unknown Unknown... Walking Dad


    Links
    OOC Thread
    Rogue's Gallery
    Invisible Castle
    Last edited by Sparky; Saturday, 24th October, 2009 at 02:26 AM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Sparky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,338

    Ignore Sparky
    The chamber is large, lit by undying embers burning in braziers spaced about the room. A faint note of spice hangs in the dry, chill air. Carved and painted columns march in rows towards a dias at the end of the vaulted room. Between the columns on elaborately woven rugs are dozens of wrapped figures, kneeling with their foreheads pressed the the ground and their arms outstretched - eternally humble servants in the hall of their Lord and Master.

    On the dias, on raised stone platforms are a dozen wooden sarcophagi. The wooden boxes are a sign of the high-station of these servants, though the ornamentation (gold and gems) on these sarcophagi are reserved, even minimal, compared to the opulence in the chamber of th--

    There! A movement! And... a sound? Like a muffled voice. Like several muffled voices. A soft stacatto of panic.

    There it is again. That one, there in the middle - that sarcophagus jumped!

    It jumps again, rocking onto its edge and thumping back down.

    And more muffled shouting.

    Another sarcophagus jumps and bumps.

    And another.

    The first one rocks onto its edge and hangs for a long moment then continues its arc, crashing to the floor, followed closely by the second and third sarcophagi. The muffled shouting becomes decidedly unmuffled, echoing around the chamber, as each of the three boxes' occupants are suddenly in open air. Covered in debris and box shrapnel, wrapped head-to-food in cloth, but in open air.

    Eddie
    You're pretty sure your spleen is punctured. And your, ow, pancreas. Pausing for startled moment, you think, hard. You don't know just a ton about Kesheti burial rituals, but you do know they're big on jarring up the important stuff. You know, the... important stuff. After a quick, panicked inventory, you determine that everything is, in fact, where it should be.

    Wait, what is that...? On a what was a corner of the box is a small cabochon gem, glinting in light. It is blue and flecked with gold. And given the Kesheti penchant for balance, if not symmetry, there should be others!

    Gavril
    You hear some loud crashes to your left and some less muffled shouts.

    Kragnor
    You hear some loud crashes to your right and some less muffled shouts.

    Malek
    It was dark in the box, that was for certain. Though... not Dark. You lay for a brief moment in the wreckage of what you now see was a box - god's breath, it was a coffin - and look up. The ceiling is shrouded in darkness. Possibly even shrouded in Darkness.[/sblock]

    Mataken
    Your crash loosened the bindings and you're somewhat more free. Somewhat. You're on your side, wood shards stick into your back, your neck. Right in front of your face, and difficult to bring into focus is a smooth plank with a strange symbol burnt into it... it vaguely resembles Basakara's symbol. Vaguely.

    OOC: Eddie, 3 damage; Malek, 2 damage; Mataken, 3 damage.
    Last edited by Sparky; Wednesday, 28th October, 2009 at 01:56 AM.

  • #3
    As a general rule Eddie wouldn't let go so far as to defile caskets in search of wealth, but he reckoned his own casket would make a good exception. Tearing off all the rest of the sticky wrappings (excepting those few bindings protecting his modesty), Eddie does his best to pry loose any gems he can find in the wreckage of the box.

    Without his trusty satchel, Eddie's briefly at a loss for how he can hold on to the loot and keep his hands free. Grabbing some of the loose bandages from the floor, he wraps the gems up in a wad of linen and securely ties the bundle to his waist using a long bandage as a makeshift belt.

    Realizing that whoever did this to him might still be in the area, Eddie casts about for a weapon. A jagged chunk of wood from his coffin would make an adequate shiv in a pinch.

    His next impulse is to make for the nearest exit and keep running, but until he had a better idea what he'd got himself into it'd be better to have someone watching his back. The two other fellows picking themselves up from their own wrecked coffins probably have something in common with him if they'd all ended up here, and that made them better allies than most. Revenge, Eddie knew, was one of the easiest ways to keep a group of men focused on a goal.

    But there were other priorities. If three of them had been alive in those boxes, what did that say about the other nine sarcophagi? If they could quadruple their numbers before they went out looking for payback, things would go a lot smoother. Keeping his wooden dagger at the ready (just in case), Eddie pries open each of the nine remaining boxes.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,598

    Ignore KarinsDad
    Kragnor (note: not Kragor) stays very quiet. He's not in a position to defend himself. In 5 minutes, he can try to escape again and he will wait for that opportunity.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    Malek brethes in deeply, as his eyes adjust to the new situation, darkness condenses around his right hand, ready to strike at a target with cold hate.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #6
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    okdaddio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington, IL
    Posts
    18

    Ignore okdaddio
    What? Basakara...What is happening...

    Mataken is briefly distracted by the appearance of what seems to be the symbol of Basakara - but only briefly. He begins to free himself of his cloth constraints while slowly getting to his feet, when he notices other figures moving in the light cast from the braziers.

    Not alone. Need a weapon.

    Mataken reaches down and grasps the smooth plank with the mysterious symbol to use as an impromptu cudgel. He slowly edges around so that his back is to the wall and observes the other figures, trying not to draw attention to himself.

    Why have the stars brought me here? And these others...must be a reason.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Sparky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,338

    Ignore Sparky
    Silence falls like a thick blanket after the cacophany of the crashes. The air is still again. Heavy. Expectant.

    Eddie
    There are three latches here, simple, but sound. The gemstones on this box are white and milky, quartz perhaps? Or something else? Eddie's not sure. Another man takes up a plank and moves warily to the wall.

    Gavril
    Gavril can't hear much more than his own panting breath and shouts that seem swallowed by the darkness.

    Kragnor
    Kragnor hears a grating, shifting sound. It's hard to place the noise, specifically. A strange awareness raises the hairs on the back of Kragnor's neck.

    Malek
    Shadows leap to Malek's hand, a familiar bone-deep ache. From his position, Malek catches a glimpse of two men. They are similarly garbed and after extracting themselves from the ruins of what seem to be other sarcophagi, they head opposite directions from one another, one right and one left. The warlock loses sight of both.

    Mataken
    Mataken backs up, passing box after box until his movement is checked against the cool stone of the wall.

    OOC: Feel free to post more than once between my posts - act, react, I'll stop you if you need stopping. For instance:

    Pangalin, make some rolls for Eddie depending on what you want to do with the first box he's at.

    okaddio and WalkingDad, feel free to take more actions, use skills, abilities, whatever you like. Like, okdaddio, I'd like a perception check from you... specifically.

    lotuseater and KarinsDad, if there's anything you would like to try, make an IC post to that effect and include any related rolls in the OOC portion of your post. If the questions are extensive, ask them in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Sparky; Wednesday, 28th October, 2009 at 01:55 AM.

  • #8
    After taking a few moments to discern the noises coming from somewhere in the darkness surrounding him, Gavril resumes trying to be heard himself.

    Help! There's someone trapped in here!

    He shouts at the top of his lungs repeatedly. He also begins shaking around, hoping that he can make more noise in his attempts to be rescued.

    Gavril figures whatever is out there can be no worse than his current situation.
    "Every man is as Heaven made him, and sometimes a great deal worse."
    -Don Quixote

    The Chaos Factory

    I have three new writing projects I recently started. Feel free to comment and critique:
    The Man Out Of Time
    A Story In One Hundred Words
    The Five Kingdoms

  • #9
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    okdaddio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington, IL
    Posts
    18

    Ignore okdaddio
    Keep calm, man. Slow breaths. Mataken feels better now that his back is not exposed - and he feels somewhat emboldened now that he has a weapon, of sorts. He has never had a need or use for stealth and creeping about, so he is sure that the others in the room are aware of him.

    Mataken wants to be aware, too, before he moves from his position, and makes a quick but thorough glance around the room.

    (OOC:Perception Check )

  • #10
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,598

    Ignore KarinsDad
    It's gotten quiet again. Kragnor calms his breathing and listens intently to the feint sounds around him, trying to pick up any hint of what is going on.

    (OOC: Kragnor uses Perception to listen. Perception Check)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [4e] Risen OOC (Full)
      By Sparky in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 55
      Last Post: Saturday, 2nd January, 2010, 12:12 PM
    2. [4e] Fallen - Chapter I: Blood and Sand (Full)
      By Sparky in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th December, 2009, 03:32 PM
    3. [IC] Toranthar - Chapter I: Dark Harvest (Full)
      By Sparky in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 129
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th September, 2009, 08:07 PM
    4. [4e] The Balestar Rises - Chapter 1: Sorcerer Isle [Full]
      By Sparky in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th July, 2008, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •