The Peanut Gallery - LEB

renau1g

First Post
This thread is for quoting great lines and otherwise commenting on adventures, by people who aren't actually part of them. Please keep the kibitzing here (took me three tries to spell that) to keep the adventure threads clean. (Shamelessly 'borrowed' from L4W, Thanks JNC)

CaBaNa

First Post
Ha, I should have known there was a Peanut Gallery on this side!

This tidbit came from Trouble in Moonwatch.

River move behind his fallen comrade to see he is still alive and he has just been trip. Seeing his wounds bleeding, River lay his hands on him, feeling the pain of his companion. Valahad feels his wound closing, leaving only a few scars.

The dwarven cleric moves towards the melee, drawing his bastard sword and slamming the blade down on the mace wielder and leaving a glowing aura around himself, Lan, Valahad, and River.

[sblock=OOC]
Use Numinous Shield - vs ac; radiant dmg (1d20 9=23, 1d10 5=15) Hits for 15 damage

Everyone, but Pok gets +2 power bonus to AC TENT (while in the zone, burst 2 around Gorlin)
[/sblock]

As River's divine power courses through his body, the paladin nods at the shifter. Standing again, he speaks in the mace-wielder's mind. "You are overmatched. The light of Il-Yannah will illuminate you in death, if not in life." Parrying the weapon away, the paladin slashes at the mace-wielder's shoulder, drawing a line of blood, nearly severing the appendage. The mace wielder looks much less determined after the massive damage from the divine duo.

Lanharath steps next to his Kalashtar ally and grins wickedly at the mace wielder.

"Those who would face two of Us at once is bound to feel the wrath of Il-Yannah. The Great Light demands perfection, and has found you wanting. The dawn comes and Her light approaches. Run and hide in the darkness of night or turn and face the sun!"

Swinging his sword horizontally at chest level, the blade cuts deep and the warrior falls to the ground hopelessly clutching his wound where the lifeblood pours out.

Pok could identify that the man with the staff was fully under the veil of his illusions. He continued to twitch his eye in pain, and keep it closed. Pok stayed in that area of blindness just long enough to weave one final bit into the spell, calling out to seal the illusion, I'll burrow the tent stakes into your brain caster of Khyber!

Seemingly the twin stakes lodged in his eye, delve forward suddenly, and it's as if a cool breeze has found it's way into the mage's mind. Followed of course by searing pain as the nerves catch up with what appears to be brain damage.

The evil caster clutches at his eye, physically tearing away at something that isn't there. Causing more real damage than Pok could ever hope. The sight is rather gruesome and Pok is forced to turn away while the opposing mage digs into his eye-socket and manages to finally pull out the offending object. At least he thinks he does as he holds his eye in his hand. The blood loss from the wounds is too much and the wizard falls to the ground.

The remaining foe is enraged that all his allies are dead and swings one last mighty blow, this time at the gnome who slew his brother. The halberd connects painfully and leaves Pok on his butt.

The group devastates the enemy in retaliation for his attack on Pok and leaves him a bloody mess on the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Only the halberd wielder left. Not going to post a map as I'll call it here.

Bad Guy hits Pok - 1d20 10=27, 1d10 3=9 for 9 and you're prone.

After that you kill him (no point slowing things down)

Conditions:

Initiative:
Valahad - 21 - 47/51 + 9 thp
Lanharath - 20 - 43/43 + 9 thp
Pok - 19 - 22/32
Baddies - 13
River - 11 - 20/39 + 9 thp
Gorlin - 9 - 41/41 + 9 thp

Illumination: The staff wielder carries a sunrod (bright light out to 20 squares).
Tents: Tents can be opened from any side. One tent wall provides cover; two provide superior cover.
Fallen Tent: This heap of canvas is difficult terrain.
Buildings: Shops and houses are blocking terrain.
[/sblock]

I thought it belonged here as an exceptional piece of writing! Great job to everyone involved, but a special congratulations to renau1g, who put this post together, and added the most impressive tidbits.

Kalidrev and I were particularly impressed by r1's scripting during this scene, so I thought it need be shared.

ryryguy

First Post
This is sort of off-topic (if possible for Peanut Gallery!)... I've been reading the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. I recently finished The Golden Compass and I'm now a few chapters into The Subtle Knife. Two of the characters in The Subtle Knife are remarkably reminiscent of Pok and Roswyn...

[sblock=Subtle Knife spoiler]The characters are Lyra and Will... Lyra is aka "Lyra Silvertongue" who can talk her way into or out of anything, while Will is practiced at blending in and being unobserved... there's a scene while they are on Earth Prime at Oxford, Lyra jumps up to tell a lie to two suspicious policemen. Will is very angry that she would draw attention to them and says its much better not to talk to people, or else they'll remember you... she counters that the police were already looking at him suspiciously, and she actually deflected their attention.[/sblock]

I'm still reading the book so there may well be things about them or their relationship I have yet to learn which will improve or diminish the comparison... but it's pretty amusing to me.

CaBaNa

First Post
That.is.AWESOME!

Speaking of Roswyn and Pok, he will be going through several changes upon leveling up, so much change that it may require an overhaul. When I get all the differences spec'd out, I'll send you a copy if you would P.E.A.C.H.? Nothing RP should change, he's just learning new spells, maybe changing a feat... we'll see after the full copy of both release.

I suggest you take a gander for Roswyn, there is a wizard article in both 380 and 381 with beautiful options for her.

On Topic:

Kalidrev's character Lanharath is trying to "read" the minds of people here, a fluffy way of making a streetwise check. Atananotatoes character "Thusk starts waving his hands high in the middle of a crowd, asking, as loud as he can: Where to the Horrible Fall?? Where to the Horrible Fall???"

Lanharath smiles inwardly as Thusk waves his arms about and yells, making his job all the easier. His constant yelling questions practically ensured that he would get a flurry of the correct images. It's kind of like having someone walk up to you and say "Do NOT think about ZEBRAS. Whatever you do, do NOT think about them. It will kill you if you think about ZEBRAS. ZEBRAS are evil!". After hearing that, it is literally impossible for the image or thought of a zebra to NOT flash through your mind at least subconsciously.

"Thank you Thusk! That was quite helpful! We will have to remember to have you do that in the future."

[sblock=OOC] BTW, nice rolls guys! [/sblock]

Hilarious...

renau1g

First Post
Ah, I do miss Thusk, but our new replacements are certainly pulling their weight. I do hope those Jorsaco healers can tend to him.

Kalidrev

First Post
Yeah, it's so odd when a prominent member of an internet boards completely disappears without any way to contact them. Hopefully he'll come back with some good stories!

renau1g

First Post
The last few back and forths between the PC's in my game have been great, but this one I really enjoyed.

Pok flusters, I, um, he moves to hide behind the closest thing, which happens to be a chair. Peaking out, his hood fallen in his haste, and the chair hides the shimmering glare that would normally divert the eye, leaving a clear view of his face, and the Sivis diadem resting on his head. Um, I can't see in the dark, he edges out from behind the chair, I like you, it seems he had more to say, but instead he slipped back behind the chair. *Oh come on! You can do this Pok!* his head peaks out again, your pretty. The head ducks again, Pok shaking like he's seen an ancient draco-lich face to face. *I, She, Said, Was, OHGOD, what if she misin, can't exp, what about... AH!* AH! yips the Sivis gnome, continuing to hide from social interaction.

Kalidrev

First Post
KarinsDad said:
"I'm over here Lan." Sheeva says wearily.

Lan and Faell find Sheeva sitting with her back to a tree in the densest, darkest section of nearby trees.

"Please go back inside Faell. I am totally safe here. Hobgoblins don't have as good vision as we do and besides, Lan can hear a dog fart on the other side of the village." Sheeva tries to laugh and be upbeat, but it sounds forced.

OMG!!! That had me ROLLING!!!

ryryguy

First Post
After quietly helping to finish barricade work, Pok drags the chairs into a "fort" around the table. Pok ducks into the structure, settling into silence, and preparing for sleep.

Hahaha! The whole sequence in that adventure has been great, but this one had me rolling... this immediately sprang to mind:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases