The Peanut Gallery - LEB

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Is Tondrek based off of the main PC character (varies) or off of one of the NPCs?
He was my half-orc idiot savant (one of the bg) technologist. Bad Charisma so he only had two followers if you didn't count the three automata and two mechanical spiders following him everywhere.

Kalidrev

First Post
Awesomeness, SG! I always tended to float towards the magic side (since the mechanical side seemed to get jipped most of the time), but I always wanted to see how effective the mechanical side could be. All I've got to say is that being a halfling sneak thief with tons of time spells is FUN in that game, lol.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC Arcanum: Tech was balanced for real-time, magic for turn based. My wife prefers turn based and had a saying: When you heard her shield go up, you were dead. Guns on real-time were ++fun.

Back to your regularly scheduled Peanut Gallery.

Velmont

First Post
Arcanum was great. But as you tells, I always have favored turn based, and magic was great in turn based. Energy was too good. But even a melee mechanist could be destructive even in turn based, with balanced sword, Str 20 and two rings that boost agility... the only thing is I was hating the construct and golems that was destroying your weapon by hitting them.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Whatever. Tech was fantastic for turn-based. Molotov cocktails cost so little, if anything, to throw. Or make.

"Drinks are on me!"

*Molotov*
*Molotov*
*Molotov*
*Molotov*
*Molotov*

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=level gold]Is the level gold awarded in a post someplace that I missed, or is it just assumed to be awarded?[/sblock]

Roswyn accepts the belt from Shava happily. She clasps it around her tiny waist. When the half-elf returns wearing her new jacket, Roswyn smiles and nods approvingly. "Very nice, Shava! And the belt wouldn't go with it at all. The bunched look would not be good on you, I don't think."

She gives Tamarand and the changeling a long look as they depart, but says nothing.

As the group leaves the tavern and prepares to go their separate ways, Roswyn speaks up. "Just a minute, everyone. I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed your company during these past few trying days. You showed skills and courage beyond anything I expected," she continues, looking each companion in the eye in turn - Rohna, Tondrek, and then finally Shava. She grins. "Well, of course I did already know about you, Shava dear! But it's good to see you haven't gotten rusty since I saw you last."

Roswyn's expression abruptly turns serious. "I had a feeling when we met in the Shard that it was not mere chance. And now, I think we all know that we stumbled into something bigger than just a gang of slimy kobold lowlifes back there, even if we don't know exactly what. The Prophecy has drawn us together, and I have a similar feeling as when we met, that great things are in store...

"So I'm certain that we will see each other again, and soon. And Prophecy or no Prophecy, I couldn't be happier. Mark my words: the bards of Sharn - no, of Eberron! - will one day sing of the legendary exploits of Roswyn's Rapscallions!"

The gnome finishes her speech staring up into the sky above the soaring spires of the city, a dazzling smile on her face. After a moment she looks back at her companions, anxiously searching their expressions. "Or... do you like 'Roswyn's Ruffians' more? 'Roswyn's Roughnecks'? No, I think there's already a group that call themselves 'Roughnecks'... 'Ricard's' or 'Rico's' or something... hmmm... 'Roswyn's Rogues'? That has a nice ring to it, but for some reason I think people might hear that and think we're just a bunch of backstabbers, I'm not sure exactly why..."

A good post that I wanted to throw out there for all of LEB to see :)

Remove ads