Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Theroc

First Post
Seeing the others allow the thieflord to escape, he growled loudly before hopping off of the boat and following the others. After all, he could not protect them if he was too far separated... and he had no idea where he was, even if he wasn't trying to protect those with him.

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick follows Rujah, stepping lightly off the boat as it begins to pick up speed and drift downstream.

"Well, bad guy escape this time." he shrugs. "Fenwick advise Rujah to not despair. We obtain necklace, and that important part of mission because that what we hired and remunerated for. Now we victorious against enemies and all have died or fled from field of battle. It now time for chest-slapping dance!"

Laying his axe aside, Fenwick goes into a ritual dance of victory which involves much stomping and slapping of his own chest. He smiles broadly, either unaware or unmindful of his companions' bemusement at this action. When he finishes, he straightens up again, and shoulders his axe.

"So, what we do next?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

" 'What next?' Secure the loot, finding a defend-able position, regaining our edge (ooc:HP & Encounter powers) and fulfill our assignment. And by the way, did anyone else heard a woman's voice, saying something about wanted to be found?" Riardon answers and asks. Even if they were not his regular troops, he was truly glad, all of them survived.

[sblock=OOC]
Ok with getting him away. Only a bit sorry, I neither could use my daily or AP.

Tactics: If we rest for 2x 5 min, I could spend my words after the first for 2d6 extra HP healing.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 15 Will 14
Hit Points: 18 / 34 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

Info: lost one healing potion
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hey guys. Sorry about not posting here for this long. RL is tight right now. Parents are coming into town, cleaning house and making plans. I'm also in the middle of calculating XP and treasure.

I hope to be able to post this tonight. After that, it will probably be Friday morning (GMT -5) before I can post again. From then on... clear sailing until the new year :).[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Talon]Talon leaves his friends to tend to Dayna. As he licks his companions wounds and comforts her in her own likeness, he takes time to look around. The room in which Dayna had fallen is obviously some sort of workshop, supposedly for examining unfamiliar items and determining their worth. On benches lining the walls are various tools of the thieving trade: lock picks, climbing hooks, gloves, masks, coats with high collars, magnifying glasses, etc…. The table in the middle of the room is surprisingly neat, as if it were used for business, visible from Talon’s vantage point is a set of scales and a curious object that looks like a club with a large, oblate glass orb set inside. Talon walks over to the table and raises his head over the edge. On the table is a rather large dagger with strange writing on the pommel:

Pommelinscription.jpg

As he turns around to check on Dayna’s recovery, something else catches his eye. It’s a curiously long spear standing on its base in the corner of the room. The tip of the spear is fashioned to look like a dragon’s head, the blade, being the fire issuing from the beast’s mouth. Talon, curious, shifts into human form to more closely examine the object. The spear is outfitted with two grips, the rear grip emblazoned with the same cryptic passage as that of the dagger. The grip also seems to be a little more thick than the forward grip. Squeezing the grip, Talon jumps back, dropping the spear. The action triggered the weapon, causing the flame-shaped blade to shoot forward extending the length of the spear half-over sending sparks of electric, blue fire sparking up to the ceiling of the chamber.[sblock=Treasure] Longspear of Mydroon’s Shard +1[/sblock], rising and hefting the strange weapon, he returns to Dayna’s side. Again, his mind wanders, thinking about the voice in his head that has, now, three times spoken to him… and Riardon as well.
A flapping of a wall-hung tapestry at the back of the room catches Talon’s attention. He gets up to inspect it. Turning the hanging linens aside, he discovers that there is a passage leading back to the far corner of the compound. As he explores its length he trips over something. It’s a small wooden chest with burned carving and inlaid designs. Inlaid in the top is a runic word that he cannot read:
Gimlord.png
[/sblock][sblock=Jin]Examining the other chambers proves a messy job. Blood from the dead bandits coats the flagstone floor, and the smell of gore, though it doesn’t seem to bother Talon, is starting turn Jin’s stomach. The room toward the eastern side of the complex is obviously the area where the bandit lackeys had their quarters. Not much to speak of here, but Jin’s hunch is proved when he opens the door a the rear of the chamber and it opens into the neighboring room. This must have been the thief-lord’s chamber. It’s opulently decorated with fine furnishings: a writing desk, and a grand four-poster bed with silk sheets and scarlet linen tapestries. On the desk, Jin finds a bag of 60gp and a golden lamp (50gp value). Opening the drawer, he finds a strangely familiar looking scroll, which he proceeds to examine. Though he cannot read the writing, it looks vaguely familiar to him, and he supposes that Rujah could possibly help translate it: [sblock=scroll]
RhythmBladeRitualcopy.jpg
[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick & Rujah]Fenwick, Rujah and Riardon]smile as they jump from the skiff and make their way back to Riardon. When they meet, Riardon points out staging area left by the thieves as they tried to orchestrate an escape. Lying on the floor is an enormous axe bearing the wear of many battles, yet with a blade whose edge is sharp as a razor. Fenwick, checks his fangs in the reflection they cast in the blade, and he smiles, satisfied to bereave himself of his former weapon.[sblock=Treasure]Vanguard Executioner’s Axe +1[/sblock]Next to the axe is a hammer of equal status. The stone is ornately chiseled, and the grip is made of fine leather. The around the pommel is a runic inscription. Blue, fiery light seems to glisten across the surface of the hammer’s head. The inscription on the pommel reads:[sblock=Treasure]Lightning Warhammer +1
I think the rules for a lightning weapon are in the Magic Weapons section of the PHB1, but for yoru benefit, I’ll put the stat block here: [sblock=Lightning Weapon Stat Block]
LightningWeaponStatBlock.png
[/sblock][/sblock]Riardon, too, looks over the stash. He can’t believe his eyes has he looks at what these thieves had managed to hoard, How long have these people been able to hide down here, and what kind of man could run an inn and harbor criminals so securely for so long? He sees a large strongbox that contains a rolled-up, blue cloak. As he leans down to inspect it, he can feel it radiating life-force energy. Quickly, almost as if compelled to do so, he tries it on and feels an invigorating rush of vitality coursing through his veins.[sblock=Treasure]Cloak of the Walking Wounded Lvl 4][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Map]
TheCompleteHideout.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry to be gone so long. I'm back. Hopefully these goodies will satisfy you for another day while I work on the wrap up for this little quest. Feel free to speculate in character as to the questions that these items pose and the other ones that have not yet been answered[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Talon carefully takes the small chest back to the room where he found the spear. Setting the chest down on the table beside the strange dagger, the shifter goes in search of the others while Dayna follows him gingerly. When he finds the rest of the group, he speaks, "Come see what I find. Help me read strange letters." When they follow, he leads them back to the room with the dagger, mace, and chest. Showing them the dagger and the chest with strange runes on them, he waits with interest to see if anyone can read the writing. Meanwhile, he pets Dayna while inspecting his new spear...carefully.

[sblock=OOC]Talon also spends his remaining 3 healing surges. One on himself (now 16/26 hp) and two on Dayna (15/22 hp).[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"I can take alook at them, but I don't know that many languages." Riardon explains as he follows.

[sblock=OOC]
Spending two healing surges, regain encounter powers.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 15 Will 14
Hit Points: 34 / 34 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 4 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

Info: lost one healing potion
[/sblock][/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"New axe look verrry impressive" Fenwick says. "Keep old one too, to exchange for goods and services." He straps his old axe across his back, and makes sure to pick up the hand axe he tossed earlier. No need to let perfectly good axes go to waste.

"Hey, what you guys examining?" he asks Talon and Riardon, as he saunters into the room where they're examining the letters.

[sblock=ooc]Use three more healing surges to top up again.

[sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:13
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:4/11
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Recuperating Strike, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen,
Swift Panther Rage, Vanguard Execution Axe

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack roll.

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Riardon examines the box. The chest is a hinged container made of fine mahogany inlaid with ebony and teak, the lid to which is circumscribed by a border of intricate carvings: [sblock=Lid]
Thetopofthebox-1.png
[/sblock] The hinge itself appears to be either carved or, rather, grown from the wood of the box itself and there seems to be no lock. Riardon traces the runes on the lid with his fingers and looks up, "The runes are Dwarven, but I can't make out what the word is...." He rotates the box, looking at the underside, "Hello! What's this? This is NOT Dwarven." He turns the box for Talon to see. The bottom of the box bears marks that resemble systematic gouges made by the claws of some large beast:[sblock=Underside]
UndertheBox.png
[/sblock]Rujah's eyes snap open. I know what that is [sblock=Translation]"For my son, Hankel" The name does not sound draconic, nor does it mean anything in Draconic.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases