Whatever happened to the gods, anyways?

Tomalak

First Post
Those were just ideas. I am a big fan of knowing the rules beforehand, even if I have to make them up. If the consensus is fo ahead have fun, then cool. No guidelines. I'm okay with that, I just want to see the discussion come up now, rather than later.

I am curious how people feel about a priest (i.e. any divine character) of the whole pantheon, rather than a single god.

Theroc

First Post
I am curious how people feel about a priest (i.e. any divine character) of the whole pantheon, rather than a single god.

Isn't the Invoker somewhat hinted at being a devotee of the Gods in general, respecting all rather than choosing a single deity?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Since the gods aren't in open war with each other in L4W, this makes a lot of sense. More so than in the Points of Light setting.
Works from w/ the Domain system as well: Eberron has domains that are ideal for the entire Host or Dark SIx, for example; or you just pick a few that match.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
So what are the perameters for choosing domains? Limit of three, choose them upon character creation and they cant be changed; Anything else?

Those were just ideas. I am a big fan of knowing the rules beforehand, even if I have to make them up. If the consensus is fo ahead have fun, then cool. No guidelines. I'm okay with that, I just want to see the discussion come up now, rather than later.

Seeing as this is an open world, and things are bound to change, as well as the possibility of new domains coming later, I don't think it would be beneficial to limit domains or make people choose at creation. At least not at this time.

There is a precidence, in the fluff of the Imperium, for a priest of the whole pantheon.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Cleaned up the work I did to the gods section to make things cleaner and more uniform. I'll be adding myths to one more god and then I'll hold off, allowing them to actually come up in play a bit so the creation come from more sources.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases