Discussion: Character Portraits & Requests

Theroc

First Post
And another thing: Dude! You need to clean out your PM inbox! :)

You must have replied before I deleted an earlier post, I am a packrat. I need to get an income so I can Morrus for more PM space again!

Edit:
Oh, and that link doesn't work either. It sends me to what looks rather like the index.

Umbragen Warlock request

Hello, all. I'm new on the boards and I have dark pact warlock that I cannot find 'perfect' picture for.

I've found several, if you could blend them somehow or find another appropriate, I really don't mind if you change/replace base pic as long as it fits the description. It's Umbragen Drow described in Dragon 330.

[sblock=Quote from the magazine]
Shadow elves have jet black skin , pale hair and slender elven builds. At a distance they are indistinguishable from drow, but up close, a few distinctive features become visible. The eyes of a shadow elf are PURE BLACK with no iris or white while the skin of the Umbragen has an oily gleam, almost as if liquid shadow was flowing accross their skin.
[/sblock]

Description post
Here are some links that fit parts of the description:

PERFECT! Base pic - but needs cloak, dagger, black eyes, and could you on that cloud/vortex tack a spiral pattern? And replace spiders with generic background or some other vermin (this is of low priority, if it's too much work...
Base pic - make him robe wearing and replace that scimitar with the dagger, perfect two rod detail

Alternative base - sam comment as above

Full robe wearer - perfect robe - unfortunately, too small (I think) to be of use other then example

And finally, I have a dagger(s) in mind it's in the attachment(s) - black one preferably, but do whatever is easier for you (including painting metalic on eblack)

Attachments

• Dagger.png
    Dagger.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 273
  • dagger.jpg
    dagger.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,167
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Could I make a request also?

Here is the description and initial picture

I'd like him to wield halberd and be little less human like and more cairn like. Also, due to magic 'armor' his body should be obsidian like with gentle transition to 'normal' stone. Also, on shoulders and some joints could be moss 'leaking' The Mist.

If you have better pic for earth elemental cairn, feel free to offer it :)

Background could be removed so he is more visible...

essentialy, if I can get halberd and re-coloring, that would be excellent, everything else is pure gold.

Stone titan miniature has nice details in this regard...

Thank you in advance!

Oh, and CaBaNa , I didn't konw you could spin fire, how hard is it to learn if you have martial arts practice with short staves and quarterstaves?

All fire whirl pics look great. From both CaBaNa and Fragsie

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Hey Fragsie,

I'd love to get a reinterpretation of Yimayngurr's portrait (especially if he survives our current adventure). He's loosely based on a real person: Wonggu: an Aboriginal man who worked alongside one of the earliest European visitors to north Australia, anthropologist Donald Thomson, and was actually instrumental in helping Thomson organize Aboriginal watch, that kept guard on the Australian coastline during WW2.

Here's a couple pictures of Wonggu, one which I used for Yimayngurr's current portrait:

[sblock="pics"]
wonggu.JPG

Wonggu%202.JPG

[/sblock]

Yimayngurr wears leather armor though, and carries an obsidian-tipped longspear, and has half-orcish physical features like big canines. I don't have pictures handy for those items, but would be happy with whatever you came up with.

Does this sound doable??

Thanks!

Here's another character if/when you get time.
Deva Invoker

With base pic in attachment if you could make him more 'deva-like' , change eyes into indigo with same color streak in the hair and few markings on the skin, make skin little bit more alive if possible...

If there's place to make symbols of Joven, The Sky Lord even better :) But I know I'm asking much...

Thank you for everything and anything you do on this...

Attachments

• CA0807_05.jpg
    CA0807_05.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 570

Tomalak

First Post
I had always planned to leave my first character, Andrec, without a profile image because he's so plain looking. I thought having no picture would help me underline how non-memorable he seems. But then I had a though recently, and decided that as he levels, appearance is going to mean less than reputation, and he's going to start being remembered anyway. So maybe it's about time to rustle up a picture of him, and I had an Idea I'd like to use. There are two images of actor Nicholas Brendan below, one of them is artistic, rather than a photograph. I really like that image, but it shows him with the eyepatch, and I'd like to know if you think you can remove the eyepatch. if not, the other one would work as a base image.

The real challenge though, is that I'm not certain what I want. Andrec's a pretty normal guy, kinda shy, wearing chainmail (with a surcoat or robe over it). Please have a look at the images, and let me know if any ideas spring to mind, okay? Thanks.

Attachments

• Nicholas Brendan 1.jpg
    Nicholas Brendan 1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 271
  • s8_xmas_ban.jpg
    s8_xmas_ban.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 352

Tomalak

First Post
Hey Fragsie, I found this picture online, and I want to use it for something. The only problem is that the resolution is too low. I'd like to sharpen the image so it will fit at the size I want without being horribly pixelated. This version of the image is the size I want it at. Can you tell me how to sharpen it in Photoshop? I can see this being a useful ability and I'd like to know how it is done.

Attachments

• Solar Portrait 2 copy.jpg
    Solar Portrait 2 copy.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 298

Fragsie

Explorer
Hmmm, your best option is just to have a play about with all the different sharpen filters there are and see what works best. If you open the image and then duplicate the layer (so the original is still there below the image you're working on), I'd start off trying smart-sharpen, but if you don't get the result you want try the others. If you still can't get what you want it may be worth looking for a plug-in that can do the job
sharpener pro has a free trial.
Crisp Image Advanced also has a free trial.
There are undoubtedly others out there too.

I have been following all of the requests, I have been looking for a decent base image for Bell (ScorpiusRisk) that contains all the required elements, but have been having difficulty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases