Discussion: Character Portraits & Requests

Fragsie

Explorer
Hey everyone, I was putting together a portrait for my new character (I hit level 2 very soon :lol:), and was reminded how much fun I have doing photoshop mods. A while back I spent a lot of time helping people out on the What do YOU think MY character looks like thread over on the WotC boards and I would like to help out people here in the same way.

If there are any guys out there in L4W that also have some photoshop skills and would like to help out; great :cool:, Or if anyone wants to show off portraits they've done themselves; get some nice comments or critique.

If you want to make a request, it helps if you can give me an image to start from, then let me know what changes you want and i'll see what i can do for ya!;)

Here is the mod i did for my first L4W character; Cheysuli Sage a Tiefling Feylock
[sblock=Original]
Longnail_by_OchreJelly.jpg
by OchreJelly - Deviant Art[/sblock]
[sblock=Finished Portrait]
CheysuliNeo.jpg
[/sblock]
And my new character; Psais a Deva Invoker (MC: Shaman)
[sblock=Original Image]
Bird_Man_by_JinxedKitten.jpg
by JinxedKitten - Deviant Art[/sblock]
[sblock=Finished Portrait]
Psais.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Nifty!

I'll shoot you an image tonight. I've got the perfect shot to start from, but it's on my girlfriend's camera.

That deva invoker looks spectacular! Psais even has a better bird!

Well done.

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
I'd love to get a portrait of Crag going! The base picture is attached below. If you could make the warforged chassis all rocky/pebbly, and earthy, get rid of the spiked chain and make it a longsword, and make the shield more earthen looking that would be awesome. If you could also somehow blend the ground with his feet so that it looked like earth was flowing upwards onto him, that would rock!

Attachments

• Warforged Juggernaught.jpg
    Warforged Juggernaught.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,549

Theroc

First Post
Well, I have absolutely no photoshop skills, but a portait of Rujah would be pretty awesome. My google-fu sucks, so finding a base image hasn't gone too well. Seems Dragonborn do not have any love of one handed hammers. Or hide-armor.

I'm not sure how skilled you are at photoshop or how difficult my request will be, but I'll throw it up anyway.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs42/300W/f/2009/138/a/5/Dragonborn_Paladin_Kosh_by_charreed.jpg

If you could remove the magical-glowy effect from the hammer, make the dragonborn's skin color more of a forest green, and make the armor appear more like hide rather than plate, that'd be awesome. Also, making the shield appear like particularly thick hide rather than metal. If possible, the addition of a tail would be wonderful.

If this is not possible with a Dragonborn(adding a tail might be very difficult as opposed to removing one), I could likely try looking up Lizardfolk rather than a Dragonborn for an image.

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Kalidrev

First Post
Spiked chain?? the warforged in that picture is wielding a flail

Heh, I guess that would be a flail, wouldn't it? I never pictured a flail being THAT long, but I guess the fact that the Juggernaut is wielding it one handed should have given me a clue. I just saw it as a long chain with a bunch of spikes and thought "spiked chain"... now that I look at it again... I agree... totally a spiked flail cause there is a handle on one end.

Fragsie

Explorer
I'd love to get a portrait of Crag going! The base picture is attached below. If you could make the warforged chassis all rocky/pebbly, and earthy, get rid of the spiked chain and make it a longsword, and make the shield more earthen looking that would be awesome. If you could also somehow blend the ground with his feet so that it looked like earth was flowing upwards onto him, that would rock!
That does sound like it would look awesome; I'll see what I can do, but i'm not as good as some :p
Making the armour into hide would be quite hard work i think, I'll give it a go, but i may have better result modding a picture of a different class dragonborn in hide. I'll see what i can find.

Theroc

First Post
Making the armour into hide would be quite hard work i think, I'll give it a go, but i may have better result modding a picture of a different class dragonborn in hide. I'll see what i can find.

Hm... I would have thought creating a tail would have been more difficult than modifying the armor, but honestly, whatever works for you should be fine. ;) Your other pics seemed pretty darn cool.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases