Discussion: Character Portraits & Requests

Fragsie

Explorer
Nice tip, specially on the magnetic selection! I'm using layers for clothing, skin and shades. Do you know how should I do the border lines?

I'm not quite sure what you mean; but if you mean what i'm assuming; You want to make sure your Line Art layer is the top one, and with that layer selected use the drop down menu in the layers pane (the bottom right corner) and select either Darken, Multiply or Overlay, see which one looks best.

Theroc, I've built your dragonborn, but I want to get your advice on colours for the armour.
[sblock=In Progress]
L4Wrequest_02.jpg
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
I don't have a character image or anything, but just wanted to compliment your work Fragsie. Whenever I make my next character I may ask you to do one for me.

Fragsie

Explorer
OK. Here's my idea for Arkavas. I was thinking somebody bald (he's a deva), professorial (He's an artificer), and yet hefting a huge sword (He's got a Vengeful Fullblade +1). Here's what I came up with.

[sblock=Arkavas]
Arkavas.jpg

[/sblock]
Lookin good ;) a decent background image would make it come together a bit more, I think the solid white makes the whole pic very sharp and makes the different sources more obvious.
I don't have a character image or anything, but just wanted to compliment your work Fragsie. Whenever I make my next character I may ask you to do one for me.
You wouldn't want one doing for Brenwar then?

Theroc

First Post
Looks pretty snazzy. For the armor, I'd prefer darker colors as opposed to brighter ones, but I'm not sure exactly how to describe the color. >.> My imagery is nebulous and flighty and hard for me to pin down with a description.

Rapida

First Post
You wouldn't want one doing for Brenwar then?
I don't know, Brenwar is sort of just an average human warrior, but since you asked...
I might dig around and get you a picture to tinker with or if you feel adventurous feel free.
[sblock=Descript]
Height: 6' 0 Weight: 183 LBs
Alignment: Lawful Good
Appearance: Brenwar is a large man with dark brown hair and stormy grey eyes. He usually wears his plate armor with a dark red cloak over his shoulders. When not in battle he carries his well worn warhammer on his side and his gargantuan tower shield strapped across his back. The shield is a large iron ordeal with a hideous looking medusa's face on the front to strike the fear of Palladys into his enemy. On each side of his warhammer is small silver owl representing Palladys wisdom.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Looks pretty snazzy. For the armor, I'd prefer darker colors as opposed to brighter ones, but I'm not sure exactly how to describe the color. >.> My imagery is nebulous and flighty and hard for me to pin down with a description.

Yeah. I pictured the greens a little more forest green and muted as opposed to shiny. Imagine something about the luster and texture of rhino hide. The concept, though, is exactly how I imagined Rujah when Theroc first described him. Does that describe what you're thinking, Theroc?

Theroc

First Post
Yeah. I pictured the greens a little more forest green and muted as opposed to shiny. Imagine something about the luster and texture of rhino hide. The concept, though, is exactly how I imagined Rujah when Theroc first described him. Does that describe what you're thinking, Theroc?

I was referring to the armor, not his skin, his skin I don't think is too shiny really, though perhaps a tad duller could suffice.

Fragsie was asking about his hide armor(that goes ON his scaly hide! ;) )

Fragsie

Explorer
With darker apparel, less shiny skin and a crest; here is Rajuh:

[sblock=Original]
126200.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Finished Portrait]
L4Wrequest_02_2.jpg
[/sblock]

I've had quite a busy day today doing a poi workshop for a local youth club; my arms are knackered, so I probably won't get to Crag's shield or Rhole (love the concept btw!) until tomorrow.

Theroc

First Post
With darker apparel, less shiny skin and a crest; here is Rajuh:

[sblock=Original]
126200.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Finished Portrait]
L4Wrequest_02_2.jpg
[/sblock]

I've had quite a busy day today doing a poi workshop for a local youth club; my arms are knackered, so I probably won't get to Crag's shield or Rhole (love the concept btw!) until tomorrow.

Awesome! Now, can I put this somewhere on Rujah's wiki-page? Or is that impossible? I heard some weird stuff about images not working in the wiki.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases