Second Darkness [Pathfinder] IC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Lyra stares at the little man and tries to decipher what he is saying. It takes a moment for her to realise that he is speaking her own language, albeit with a very funny accent. "Ah, I'm sorry son, but we too are strangers in the city. I have only heard that the patron of this tavern is looking for hired muscle to keep the peace during this tournament. The blot however, as I was just telling my friend here, the bones have fallen in a very ominous pattern. I am here to seek more information about it myself."

Walking Dad

First Post
Rorgar

Rorgar just opens the mouth as their talk is interrupted by the smaller man. Thankful that the woman replied in common, he finally answers: "Not much, just what can be seen from down here; It follows an elliptical orbit traveling north over the town and south over the gulf, shifting north and south as the tide shifts. It's closest to town at high tide. Look at nature first, before asking spirits, we always say."

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Stats]
Rorgar
AC 17 (T14, FF13), HP 21/21, F +6,R+3,W+7

Spells prepared
o - Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance, Purify Food & Drink
1 - Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider, Shillelagh - Obscuring Mist

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Claud looks up at the Barbarian woman and smiles. He speaks again, but this time in the common tongue.

Ah, I see. And your Half-Orc friend here seems to know a bit about it. Claud thinks for a second before deciding what he wants to do. Would you mind if I joined you and your Half-Orc friend here? I am a Sorcerer, and while I am truly just beginning to master my art, I believe I could be of great use to you both.

I think following these two could lead down some interesting paths. I might even be able to earn some gold as well. Claud thinks to himself.

jkason

First Post
Nakeb Gutterik, dwarven ranger

Nakeb never considered himself claustrophobic (all those tight passages underground nerver bothered him one bit), but something about the throngs of a city always made him jittery and uneasy. And Riddleport's special blend of aggression doubled the effect. Why he thought he'd find anything about The Blot he didn't know. He just knew he needed out of the streets.

Shouldering his way to the closest doorway, the dwarf looked around until he found the name: The Golden Goblin. "Who names something after goblins?" he muttered, wrinkling his nose.

The crowd inside wasn't much better, and Nakeb was about to try the street again to find a sparser establishment when his keen ears picked up a bit of conversation about The Blot.

"Now what are the odds?" the dwarf wondered aloud, glancing around to pinpoint the speakers. There. A half-orc and two humans. Shaking off the horrible bedtime tales his parents used to tell him about orc blood (they used to tell you only fools became explorers, and you didn't listen to that, either. Be your own man), Nakeb bumped his way through the crowd to interrupt.

"Pardon if I'm being rude--not used to people, really--but did I hear you talking about The Blot? Name's Nakeb Gutterik, and I came back to town to find out about that very thing."

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Claud looks at the Dwarf and then looks to the Human woman and the Half-Orc.

We do not know much really. The Half-orc seems to know the most about it. Oh, and I never told you two my name. Claud turns to the Human woman and the Half-Orc. My name is Claud. What are yours? He turns back to the Dwarf. Nakeb, is it? Nice to meet you.

This looks interesting. I wonder if this Nakeb is interested in helping to deal with the Blot as well. Claud thought to himself.

ghostcat

First Post
A tall skinny looking half elf wearing a dark gray monk's outfit enters the Goblin. As he looks around for someone to ask about work, he spots a group that seems a bit out of place. Moving closer, he hears that they are talking about the blot. Surreptitiously listening to their conversation for a few minutes, he determines that they appear to be forming a party to investigate it.

Although he actually came to the Goblin looking for work, he decides that this is a lot better opportunity. Therefore, shortly after Nakeb joins the group, he also approaches. "Excuse me, I could not help but overhear that you are investigating the blot. Could I offer my services? My family name is Chan and my calling name is Ti."

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Claud looks at the Half-Elf and laughs. I wonder if we will have the whole town wanting to join in soon. You would have to ask those two Claud points to the Human woman and the Half-Orc about it. They are the ones who seem to know the most about the Blot as it is being called.

It looks like we have a little group forming now. He looks like a good warrior. I know he is a Half-Elf, but his Human parentage must be from far east. Claud thinks to himself.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
As the group is introducing themselves to each other you notice another person walking in your direction. He's a portly looking human with thinning dark hair and what looks like a key shaped hook where his left hand should be.

"Welcome. My name is Saul Vancaskerkin and this is my place. You all look like you're here for the security jobs. I only mention that because our normal clientle is...how can I put this...somewhat more stylish. We are in fact still looking for a few more. We expect the event tomorrow to be huge."

Walking Dad

First Post
Rorgar

"First, my name is Rorgar, not 'Half-Orc' or Half-Human or whatever. Sorcerer huh? heard something about your kind. Not good things. What is the source of you power? Celestials? Abberations? Devils? Demons?... Undead?"

- After Saul's Entrance -

"So getting paid for staying in here, looking around and out for trouble? Another unexpected fortune. How much do you pay?" Rorgar asks, knowing that sounding to eager for the job would be suspicious.

[sblock=OOC]
Hi everyone. Picture of Rorgar is in the RG.

[sblock=Stats]
Rorgar
AC 17 (T14, FF13), HP 21/21, F +6,R+3,W+7

Spells prepared
o - Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance, Purify Food & Drink
1 - Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider, Shillelagh - Obscuring Mist

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
I apologize Rorgar. I will refer to you by your name from now on. The source of my power is the Wind. It speaks to me, and I harness it's power to produce all kinds of magical effects.

-After Saul's Entrance-

Ah, yes. I would not mind helping out some. I can offer my magical skills to help you maintain the peace here.

It looks like I will be getting some paid work after all. I should be able to handle this. Claud thinks to himself.

Remove ads