Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak supresses a smile at Sheng's affirmation that such criminal enterprise would never occur in the Jade Kingdom. He wasn't widely traveled, but he knew that the criminal syndicates that operated in the port cities of the Jade kingdom were some of the best organized in the world. But he was wise enough under his gruff exterior not start a culture war.

[sblock=OOC]If Jade Kingdom = Imperial China, then it implies famously corrupt officials and powerful crime syndicate in the port cities such as the triads and their forebears. Hadrak suspects that their organized crime problems are even worse than Daunton's.[/sblock]

-''My interest in this? My interest is wondering about your interest. If you intend to stick it up to Boozle or the pirate merchants, I am interested! Well, as long as you don't intend anything worse that what these guys would do themselves. I ain't of that bent.'' Hadrak says.

[sblock=OOC]If this helps, one can assume that Hadrak might be known to a few of the other PCs by reputation; at level 3 he is a bit of a veteran of the Hanged Man tavern scene. And right now, I'd wager he is the best combat healer of L4w (until a pacifist healer with astral seal shows up).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"In that case, I must assure you that our task is most noble. We are to rescue a captive warforged from the grasp of our mutual friend the merchant Mozle. Although my comrades haven't said a word, I speak for them. What skills would a well trained dwarf like yourself be able to offer?" the sorcerer offers

[sblock=OOC]
Sure thing about criminal organizations. Sheng is too proud to admit such things of his beloved empire. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
A warforged has been standing across from Sheng as the dwarf arrive. He is draped in red and purple finery, but is unusual for the flames that pulse along his plating. As Sheng speaks, the deep voice of the warforged interrupts.

None speak for me save me, Jadite. He turns his attention to the dwarf, his head hidden in the shadows of the cowl—only the fire burning where his eyes would be can be seen. I am called Incarnation. I am here because the touch of Mauros of the Five is on this, though the tale of the warforged was the spark. But know too that the warforged is not innocent: It is said he was breaking into this House of Oration before he was taken. We must be cautious.

He looks to his other companions: The dwarven warrior, shifter tracker, and the eladrin swordsman. These two I know. They are Dane—the dwarf—and Rurdev—the shifter—, both who were instrumental in the destruction of the taint the Five had left behind, the Sibylline Idol. This other, I have not met before. But we are all bound to this task... where-ever it takes us. If you wish to be so bound, you would be welcome. You were... involved with a dragon, am I correct?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''You are damn right I was involved with a dragon!'' Says Hadrak with pride. ''But not slaying one, saving one! Old Treehammer, one of the glorious Five, battled an ancient evil dragons in his time. Trough his amazing power, he was able to trap its essence in a diamond egg where the beast's soul was redeemed until it could be born again, just yesterday. A true miracle! I merely played my part in thwarting a fair number of evil goons from preventing this blessed event. I like to think that one day the dragon Ershanz will grow to a great force of good in this world and I like to think I have played my part. But at the moment he is just the cutest little thing.''

Hadrak smile for a moment, thinking back at these wondrous events.

-''But you shame me, my friend. You know more of me than I know of you. But that sounds like mighty fine work, that idol business. Still, it seems even an experienced crew like yours could use some blessings from the gods. Through Eefaystos grace, I dare say you won't find a better combat healer than me in tehse parts. I'll keep you on your feet whether you want to or not! And I dare say I can share The Great Forger's anger quite effectively, if I need to. ''

[sblock=OOC]Did you just look up Hadrak last adventure or did you actually follow the thread?! Because for my part, I have a hard time enough keeping up with my five games (2 dm, 3 pc) and I must confess I don't know anything about the sybyline idol!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

-''But you shame me, my friend. You know more of me than I know of you. But that sounds like mighty fine work, that idol business.''
The Idol was a thing of wrong incarnate, another echo left by the Five. As they had banished an version of it long ago, we three and two others banished its latest embodiment. That which should not be is no more for now.[sblock=OOC]Had a glance at the thread just now before posting. You said we might know something of you. :)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng raises his eyebrows disregarding Incarnation's statement. He stays quiet now that the two are exchanging tales of their respective deeds.
Patiently, he awaits for someone to propose a better plan, of agree with his.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak examine attentively Incarnation, almost like a smith checking on a weapon. He smiles ruefully when he is caught in the act.

-''Ah, sorry for my curiosity. I just happens to have spent much time with warforgeds recently and I count two as my friends. But I am always enlessly fascinated by your kind. Such variety of design! I am certain I can see the hand of my Lord Eefaystos, the Great Forger, in the creation of your race. I take it as a good omen that so many warforged are walking the streets of Daunton these days.''

Voda Vosa

First Post
"As charming as this useless chatting might be, I'll suggest that we focus on one particular warforged, trapped in the theatre." States acidly the monk.

stonegod

''Ah, sorry for my curiosity. I just happens to have spent much time with warforgeds recently and I count two as my friends. But I am always enlessly fascinated by your kind. Such variety of design! I am certain I can see the hand of my Lord Eefaystos, the Great Forger, in the creation of your race. I take it as a good omen that so many warforged are walking the streets of Daunton these days.''
Incarnation's fires flare as the dwarf talks of his making. Not all are made the same, nor created from the same patterns. He pauses a moment, then turns to Sheng. As you said, approaching the House openly to see what is there might be best, though some eyes on it before we enter would keep us from being blind.

OOC: I'd give Evo and WD a bit to respond, but once that, I think scouting around first before entering the front door would be fine.

Nebten

First Post
Hail brotha Hadrak. Mi name 's Dane. We bles'd by a hand of da Forger wit us. Dis goo' omen. I welcome you, if ye fallow.

Dane extends his arm for a handshake. He too bears a mystical shield with the same hearldry as Hadrak along with an oversized waraxe with in easy grasp.

So 'bout business. Me say we go in 'n tell dem we der to check out da basement. Reports rats of unusual size around. Gotz da check it out ba'fer damage dun.

Remove ads