TURTLEDOME! (Battle Bone!) -- Part 2

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Shopping]Finnian buys the following on his trip...

-360gp - Hide Armor +1
-30gp - Throwing Hammer
+378gp - from time gold
+6gp - from leftover starting gold
+5gp - sells leather armor on trade for the hide
+1gp - from party gold
=0gp - Finnian has zero cash at this moment[/sblock]

Hey! This hammer is pretty close to the one that I used back at the blacksmith shop, but a lot sturdier, and the weight is balanced a bit different. Should be a bit better than this dagger for a fight.

Vanns, you ready to go to Swillwort's and find Drivan?

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Recording Expenditures]I updated my equipment list (but not my attacks and AC yet). Should I keep a running list of credits and debits under the treasure section to show how I arrived at my gp total? How is that handled?[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=IPlay4E]Is anyone else using iplay4e.com? I thought it might be a convenient way to see the party. Here's a link to my character sheet on there...

http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characte...ge&key=agdpcGxheTRlchELEglDaGFyYWN0ZXIY2aMXDA[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Sheet Update]Ken, I updated the sheet with the new purchases if you want to take a look.[/sblock]

[sblock=Welcome Back!]I like the unassuming entrance that you made back into the thread, FiTD. How was the wedding? You really can't just come back and not provide a little report.[/sblock]

Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Vote]OK, guys. I need to know. Are we buying the big armor for Vaunea? If so, I'll update my character sheet and give an update on the party funds.

Also, if we *are* buying the armor, how much, if any, will we use of the residium?[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Vote]I vote YES for buying Vaunea's armor.

If we want to be thorough about it, my own best option is probably quickhit braces that grant an extra 1d6 damage each time Finnian hits twice. If Finnian expects to hit 50%, then he can expect to hit twice 25% of the time. So my best option is to get 1d6 damage once every four rounds. That costs 1000gp.

I think keeping Vaunea alive longer is worth more than that extra damage. If we want to consider other options, I think the others should post their best option for 1000gp and see what we come up with so we can weigh choices.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Just letting you guys know that I'm here and observing the goings-on.

When Emral knocks on the door at Swillwort's, I'll start the interaction there.

When Drivan enters the library, I'll start that chunk, too.

Checked the changes that weldon made to Finnian. Diggin' the addition of Erlai to the mini-stats.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral walks up the front steps of Swillwort's house, avoiding a puddle of what appears to be former chamberpot contents. He knocks at the door, and gives it a solid knock (one two three).

[sblock=ooc] Ok, I'm back. I'm watching a film with the Mrs, who's sick right now.

I'm going to take Arcane Spellfury, as it'll make it easier to pound on baddies when I hit one. heh. Unsure of the power, tho.

iplay4e: I like it. I'll have to load it through. what, I use the CB and it copies it?[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Vote]I vote YES for buying Vaunea's armor.

I would just go for the Staff of Light otherwise which would do 1+radiant vulnerability to all undead in the area around me. But I think that Vaunea's armor is more important!
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]iplay4e is a cool idea but not a big fan of the way the UI is setup, I'd be more tempted to just load the PDF version of my character sheet and have it posted online. Only thing is that it isn't easily editable... Someone should create an iplay4e type of website that utilizes the character sheet and just updates that with the new information. Oh, and yes FitD you just save your CB info and upload it into iplay4e.[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=This deserves a reply...]
New Rules...
  • The DM (me!) performs your information and social rolls in secret. (Why? Because it makes it easier to mess with your heads. I know. I'm a bad person. Just tell me what the bonus is, and I'll make the roll with my Real Life (tm) dice.)
Cool. Can I make my attack rolls with my real dice? You just give me the AC I need to hit and I'll tell you what I rolled. ;)

• When we get in the TURTLEDOME! fight with the Legion of Bone, I'm going to perform the majority of their rolls with my Real Life (tm) dice. (Why? Because I don't want to have to make forty (or more) rolls on Invisible Castle.)
Isn't that part of what IC is for? rolling lots of dice that are hard to manage in real life? 40d20 and so on? It doesn't bother me either way, but I thought lots of rolls would be *easier* on IC.

To Do...
• Double-check XP totals.
• Level-up characters. Waiting on Emral?
• Send me a message when you finish level-up. Emral?
• Finish Drivan's research on the lantern. In progress
• Visit Swillwort to pick up Emral's cloth armor. In Progress
• Purchase any items you desire using your gold (or get Swillwort to enchant).In progress. Just Vaunea's armor left?
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases