DCC#8(IC):: Mactire's Misfits

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The lavish room in which you sit is both grand and grotusque. The ceiling is vaulted to heights even darkvision cannot penetrate, the darkness concealing... what? The walls still have traces of gold in them, the vein mined but not to total extraction. And the decore is something out of a spider's dream, gauzy drapes like webs sway in a light brezze from cracks and crevices. The stuffed remains of a cave bear in on corner and the armor of some ancient race in another look to be caught in the webs as they move to the breeze. An onyx table all one huge block rests in the center with skulls piled in the center, candles atop almost everyone of them casting pale white and yellow light on the mercenaries gathered together.

A dark bearded dwarf wearing an outfit with more pockets than there seems room for, and a thin bladed raiper on his hip. He looks about the room with cool blue eyes.

A hulking, savage brute of fair skin. His massive frame is intimidating even without the extra pair of arms growing out his sides. Normally, his dark brown hair simply hangs about his head, adding to his wild appearance. A light stubble is ever-present on his face. Speaking of his face, it is just as tough-looking as the rest of him… As long, thin scar runs from above his left eye down to the center of his left cheek and a nasty jagged claw mark runs just below his jaw on the right side. And his neck looks like it was bitten by a wolf at some point long ago. His brutish features are generally set in some kind of scowl, and when he snarls or grimaces (as he is wont to do), sharpened (though very clean) teeth are easily visible.

Wearing a suit of finely crafted silvery platemail, which also seems to accommodate his extra limbs. A well-worn pack is slung over his (upper) left shoulder, while heavy gauntlets and thick leather boots adorn his hands and feet. Normally, he would look impressive enough, though not particularly extraordinary. However, the two massive, blue-white glowing arms and vicious looking claws end their hands and his natural hands, which wear smaller, furred gloves of their own. He also sports what looks like a fur shirt over his armor, though it seems to shift and patches appear and disappear. On top of all this, a golden brown cloak of feathers and fur wraps itself around his shoulders and back.

And a drow male whose skin is so dark it seems the shadows are but gray when he is in them. His short stature and thin frame is topped by the traditional ivory white hair. It appears he has no weapon about his person.

The Matron Mother done in the chamber next to this room they wait for her arrival.

[sblock=Group 1]
Theroc Drow Sorcerer/Warlock/Eldritch Theurge (Telos Vesper)
Mowgli Dwarven Rogue (Seilg Scatchford)
Dragonwriter Human Totemist/Warblade/Bloodclaw Master (Gar Heavyclaws)
s@squ@tch Drow Cleric/Paragon (Derrenil Llirthyn)

GAME ON!! [/sblock]

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/264886-dcc-8-mysteries-drow-recuirtment.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/265618-audience-chamber-motd-rg.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/267114-dcc-8-ooc-mactires-misfits.html

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Telos mutters to himself, grumbling about the distraction from his experimentation which took place in the Vesper House quarters, far away from prying eyes, even those of his brethren. He studied his magic vigilantly, though was occasionally dragged out of his experimentation to oversee a particular group of peoples. He did not dislike them, perse, but he resented the interruption in his work. Though, occasionally these trips result in breakthroughs in his research in melding his unknown talents with the raw magic in his blood.

"They've brought me here again? What in Lolth's name are they going to make me oversee this time?" He muttered to himself, his outlandish garb fluttering a bit. He'd paid an arm and a leg, but he acquired himself a set of diaphanous violet robe of spidersilk which hung about his frame. It was impeccably clean, a result of both very clean habits and forcing one of his few slaves to perform magic to ensure it was spotless before he left his home.

"I just hope this one goes more smoothly than the LAST adventure they sent me upon. My clothes got absolutely ruined..."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar paces in the chamber, his four arms crossed over his chest and his scarred face set in scowl. He's slightly grateful for the light, but wouldn't care much either way. A true hunter can find his prey without vision.

Gar snorts as Seilg chatters, but he's used to the dwarf's banter. "Long as the pay's good, I don't mind him tagging along. So long as he doesn't catch me in any of his magics."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I assure you the pay will be quite good, beastman." The Matron Mother says as she enters the room from a magically dark corner that hid her presences. She is followed by a priestess, judging by the grab and demeanor of the newcomer.

"This time it is not your job to keep the hired help in check, Telos. You were summoned do to the nature of this 'ship' its magical nature. Derrenil here," she says gesturing to ther priestess "will make sure our interests are secured. This is to important to trust to any man."

Taking a seat at the head of the table the matron of House Cadryenne smiles, "Now besides payment is there anything else you wish to discuss?" she asks the group.

[sblock=s@squ@tch] You weren't told much except you were to accompany the mercenaries on this quest and add to their success. And make sure they didn't run off.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar stops pacing as the matron appears. He nods to her, pretty much the strongest gesture of respect the near-feral warrior can give to anyone.

"Funny you say that, considering that each other person on this job is a male... But there is more I wanna discuss other than pay. Like, what in the Nine Hells is the job?" Gar realizes his short outburst and raised voice could get him into trouble so he continues, mellowing out, "we've done retrieval work before, but I gotta know something about what we're getting for you, at least so we know what it is we're supposed to grab. And what we can expect to find guarding it, seeing as you wouldn't hire us if it was easy..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You are to retrieve this weapon that killed a whole drow patrol, I want it and it's secerts." The Matron Mother says heatedly. Spiders seem to crawl all about from under her chair, as if to get away from her anger. More camly she says, "I know only it was like a flying ship of bone. The lone survivor did not survive long enough to tell us more than that."

The Matron Mother sits calmly now, as a volcano is calm before eruption.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
"A flying ship of bone... hmm... fascinating... I suppose we should take great care, if it destroyed an entire patrol so easily..." The man notes, obviously pondering the nature of a flying boneship, as well as any number of experiments that may include such a thing in his research on empowering the magic in his blood.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Pay is of course important - this is how we make our living, after all. We'll also need a direction to start. After that, I reckon you can just let us be about our business and we'll get your little ship to you safe and sound."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yes your reward," she says clapping her hands once. Two minotaur slaves bring a large chest into the room and set it on the table.

Pulling back the lid the Matron Mother says, "This will be yours after you help me secure that weapon." Looking into the chest everyone notices it is filled with gold, gems, and jewels.

Seeing the looks on the groups face she slams down the lid and shouts, "Now go! The weapon is somewhere to the east find it, bring it to me quickly."

[sblock=ooc]Reward equals about 9,000gp each[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases