Baradur's End - Part III

Arbanax

First Post
OOC: Wow no responses then sudden flourish, but I only got notice of one of the responses so sorry for not replying sooner.

Rellek nodded in thanks to the Lizardmen and then turned to Joshua, "Friend Joshua, you've seen the way, are you ready to direct our course." [Assume response]

"What dangers before our path did the stone reveal?"

Rellek will take the opportunity afforded by this break to rest, eat and get ready for the next stage of the journey and hopefully the resolution of their quest.

Ab

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= OOC/Short rest] Kraegyn will spend one healing surge. As far as I can tell by looking back through the posts, that should put him at full HP, and 9 of 12 surges left. [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Karis grins; not a pleasant, happy sort of grin. "About time. Let's do this."

ooc: IIRC, Karis didn't get hit in the last encounter, so she shouldn't need to spend surges. I might be wrong about that, though; I didn't go back and look. Karis would like the healing potion if possible; she frequently has minor actions that go unused and she works well in the thick of things.

The Digger

First Post
"Then let us be off!"

Joshua pointed with his staff and set off. It was obvious that he expected the others to follow.

[sblock=Stats]Joshua dar Rhest- male human Wizard level 3
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +12
AC:20, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 - Speed: 6
HP:38/38, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +6: Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers Scorching Burst, Thunderwave, Magic Missile
Force Orb, Colour Spray
Sleep
Flaming Sphere(selected)
Shield (selected)
Expeditious Retreat[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Trouble in the Swamp

The two lizardmen insist on leading the party, with Joshua giving them instructions as to where to go next. The trees begin to fall away, and in a few miles, Greensfen can no longer be seen.

The path you are leading us on will take you to another town, one of the lizardmen signs. While their denizens feel no love for our kind, we do not believe them to be in league with the enemy. We will accompany you to the edge of their town, but no farther.

A few miles later, the party finds itself wading through deep swampy muck and pushing through tall grasses. At times it becomes hard to see more than a few dozen feet in any direction. The smell of the swamp soon becomes oppressive, and the biting of flies a non-stop irritation.

Suddenly, the two lizardmen stop. The smell is different here - more foul, as if something has been rotting for a very long time. The buzzing of flies and other noises of the swamp have ceased. The lizardmen point - there are grey shapes moving through the grasses all around you.

Walking dead , they sign. The lizardmen draw their weapons.

Surprise Round
You have surprised the enemy, and can each take one action. Please roll initiative for round one as well. I have taken the liberty of surging everyone up to full - it was obvious for every PC except for Rellek - if he would prefer to have six less HPs but one more surge, let me know and I'll change that.

Map Details
Red squares are thick swamp, and are difficult terrain for everyone except the lizardmen.
Yellow squares are tall grass - these provide concealment if you are prone.

Status
Party
L1 26/26 hp, 1/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
L2 26/26 hp, 1/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
YOUR TURN Joshua 38/38 hp, 6/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6
YOUR TURN Karis 44/44 hp, 5/7 surges, AC 18 Fo 15 Re 19 Wi 15 Init 6
YOUR TURN Kraegyn 52/52 hp, 9/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2
YOUR TURN Rellek 47/47 hp, 9/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4
YOUR TURN Bavak 46/46 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2
YOUR TURN Jack 41/41 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 19 Fo 16 Re 15 Wi 20 Init 3

Enemies
z1, z2, z3, z4
??, ??

Attachments

• altogethernow1.jpg
    altogethernow1.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 66

covaithe

Explorer
Karis darts to the front of the column and hurls her dagger into the neck of one of the undead monsters, attempting to weaken the connection between head and body. The dagger sinks deep, and reappears in her hand a moment later.

[sblock=actions]Deft strike, moving to I14 and attacking z4: 27 vs. AC presumably hits, for 19 damage.

Initiative 18
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Probably just want to eat our brains..." Kraegyn's voice was deep and rumbling- even a mutter seemed to reverberate like distant thunder. "Stay together, and make them come to us," he added, louder than his first comment. Shifting to a loose grip on his sword, he freed one hand to draw a javelin. Then, with a roaring bellow of "Kord!" he hurled the javelin- an instant later it reappeared in his hand, for a heartbeat. He dropped that weapon and steadied his huge sword once more.

OOC: Difficult terrain works both ways, and I'm guessing we're a lot stronger in ranged attack terms (at least against zombies). Initiative= 14
>Free: take one hand off sword
>Minor: draw +1 javelin
>Move: shift to I 17
>Standard: RBA with javelin against Z2; +9 vs. AC= 18; deals 11 damage if it hits

Rolls: Roll Lookup

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

Bavak just nods and uses the same invocation as before, summoning radiant tendrils of light against the undead.

[sblock=OOC]
We can only take one action, right (not a standard and a minor)

Initiative (1d20+6=25)

Hand of Radiance (1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=9, 1d4+5=7)
hits reflex against still active enemies (preferred order: z1, z4, z2, z3)

Items in hand: Totem

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 46/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 8/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads