Baradur's End - Part III

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kraegyn stumbled backwards a few paces, then recovered himself with an angry hiss that rose to a bellowing roar of "KORD!" A halo of angry reddish light blossomed around him, then quickly shrank until it wreathed the blade of his massive sword. Without hesitation he lumbered forward across the muck and mire, closing with one of the zombies. At the last moment one of his feet slipped in the marshy ground, and his sweeping blade cut nothing but air.

[sblock= OOC]
>Kraegyn also has Resist 5 necrotic, from his armor
>Minor: use Bless Weapon (Utility 2, daily); falchion gains +1 power bonus to attacks, deals 1d6 extra radiant damage, and crits on 18-20 against foes that have vulnerability to radiant damage- lasts until end of encounter
>Move: K 17, K 18 (2); J 19; I 20
>Standard: Charge z2 (H 21, G21, F21); MBA +13 vs. AC (11 base, 1 charge, 1 power from Bless)= 15 (miss) ; roll Roll Lookup [/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Joshua growled as the new beasts appeared. "Ugly sods, aren't they? I suppose I'd better try to see to these."

His staff raised, he incanted a series of incomprehensible words and a flash of light streaked from his hand to turn into a raging fire directly in front of the leading poltergeists.

"All right now. Let's see what you can do with that."

[sblock=OOC]Flaming Sphere on J26: attack on Poltergeist on J27; 13 vs Ref: 17 damage (probably halved to 8 for Insubstantial if it hits at all). 8 damage to both Poltergeists at start of next turn(halved to 4 for Insubstantial)Roll Lookup[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Karis and Jack are up

Rellek tries again with his bow, and his last arrow meets flesh (well, former flesh). It makes a clanging noise as it flies through the zombie and out the other side, carrying a small piece of the undead creature with it.

Kraegyn empowers his weapon with divine might, and it shines with radiant power. He charges toward one of the zombies, and its fear is palpable even though the creature is not, strictly speaking, alive. Nevertheless, Kraegyn's misstep spares the zombie at the last possible second.

Bavak calls on the spirits to aid him, and the answer comes in the form of healing and a mighty spectral panther. The panther reaps a massive hunk of undead flesh from the zombie.

Joshua calls an enormous sphere of flame onto the battlefield. Though the initial explosion does no damage to the poltergeists nearby, the sphere remains, pulsing with deadly energy.

It has quickly become apparent that the zombies are all wearing plate-mail in various states of disrepair, and they hold longswords in their rotting hands. These particular undead do not look like anything like those raised from Baradur's stones.

// Drat you all and your resistances! :) HP totals have been fixed for Bavak and Kraegyn.

Results

Middle of Round one:

Rellek quarries z1.
Rellek hits z1 for 16 damage.
Bavak summons companion to N21.
Bavak heals self with healing spirit for 11.
Bavak attacks through spirit companion and hits z3 for 14.
Bavak makes his save.

Kraegyn Blesses weapon.
Kraegyn charges z21 and misses.

Joshua conjures a flaming sphere, though it misses with its primary attack.

Status
p1 42/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18
p2 42/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used
p3 42/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used

YOUR TURN L1 26/26 hp, 1/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
YOUR TURN L2 12/26 hp, restrained (save ends), 1/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
Joshua 38/38 hp, 6/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6
Flaming Sphere
YOUR TURN Karis 44/44 hp, 5/7 surges, AC 18 Fo 15 Re 19 Wi 15 Init 6
Kraegyn 44/52 hp, 9/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2, Used Bless Weaon
Rellek 47/47 hp, 9/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4
Bavak 42/46 hp, 8/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2, Used Healing Sprits(x1)
Sprit Companion (flanks TENT Bavak)
YOUR TURN Jack 41/41 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 19 Fo 16 Re 15 Wi 20 Init 3

z1, 38/66 hp Rellek's Quarry vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16
z2, 66/66 hp vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16
z3, 42/66 hp vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16
z4, 47/66 hp vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16

Attachments

• altogethernow3.jpg
    altogethernow3.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Karis switches targets to the one Rellek is attacking, hoping to take one down quickly. She hurls her dagger again, striking the zombie squarely between the eyes and penetrating all the way through its decrepit skull before the blade reappears in Karis' hand. She smiles grimly, knowing the real work is yet to come.

[sblock=actions]Deft strike vs. Z1, which still hasn't acted in this fight, so Karis has CA from first strike. CRIT for 24+2 damage. Don't zombies have a thing where they auto-die on a crit? Some do, anyway; obviously I don't know about these ones.

No move.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Everyone - your turn

Karis's expert shot sends the zombie to the ground, but it still twitches as though not quite dead.

Jack blasts another zombie with divine force, and it reels with the force of the explosion.

/ Since Karis already took z1 to zero hp, I took the liberty of changing Jack's target to z2. I didn't take his move since I assume that was only to get into range. Let me know if I need to change any of this. Also, Jack hit, Jack grants a +2 power bonus to an ally's attack against z2. Let me know who gets the bonus.

One of the lizardmen tries to free himself from the mysterious force holding him in place, but he remains stuck as he draws on his inner reserves to fortify himself.

The other lizardman rushes to aid his trapped ally, charging at one of the poltergeists, but as soon as he comes within range, the ghost shifts away and blasts him with ectoplasmic goo. The lizardman is sent flying backwards, right next to the zombie Karis killed. Without warning, the zombie stirs, and rises again! It rips into the lizardman with its longsword.

// Given the vagaries of PbP, the fact that you might have done a monster knowledge check by now in a live game, and the fact that I changed Jack's attack target after z1 'died', I am going to go ahead and give you some key information - to kill off these zombies for good, they must be hit by radiant or fire damage before the start of their turn. There, I hope that's fair. :)

Nearby, a zombie tries its best to attack Kraegyn, but his slash is easily parried. An attack against Bavak's spirit companion is equally ineffectual, as the grunting zombie's blade slices straight through without doing any damage. The last zombie has better luck as it charges Rellek, slicing at the ranger's legs.

Joshua's flaming sphere pulses brightly as it spits flame over two of the poltergeists.

The fight takes a turn for the worse as the three poltergeists fling ghostly energies across the battlefield. Kraegyn and Joshua are both hit hard, and feel themselves restrained against their will by an unseen force. One of the lizardmen is also hit, and it is too much for him - he crashes to the ground in a heap.

Results

Karis crits z1, bringing it to zero hp.
Taking liberty of changing Jack's target to z2 - hits for 15.
L1 moves and then charges P3.
This activates P3's flinging rebuke. It shifts one square west and hits P3
for 13 necrotic, pushing him 3 squares.
L2 uses 2nd wind and fails his save.

z1 comes back from the dead, gaining 10 hp.
z1 stands.
z1 attacks L1 and hits for 7 necrotic.

z2 misses Kraegyn.

z3 misses spirit companion.

z4 moves and then charge rellek, hitting ac 28 for 8 necrotic.

Start next round

p1 uses kinetic claw on kraegyn, hitting fort 26 for 17 necrotic after resistances. Kraegyn is pushed and restrained (save ends).

p2 recharges kinetic claw. Hits Joshua fort 25 for 14 necrotic., pushed and restrained (save ends)

p3 does not recharge kinetic claw. Crits L1, killing him.

Flaming sphere hits p1, p2 for 4 damage after insub.

Status
p1 38/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kenetic claw used
p2 38/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used
p3 42/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used, flinging rebuke used

Dead L1
YOUR TURN L2 18/26 hp, restrained (save ends), 0/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
YOUR TURN Joshua 24/38 hp, restrained (save ends), 6/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6
Flaming Sphere
YOUR TURN Kraegyn 27/52 hp, restrained (save ends), 9/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2, Used Bless Weaon
YOUR TURN Rellek 39/47 hp, 9/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4
YOUR TURN Bavak 42/46 hp, 8/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2, Used Healing Sprits(x1)

z1, 10/66 hp, Rellek's Quarry vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16
z2, 51/66 hp vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16
z4, 47/66 hp vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16

Attachments

• altogethernow4.jpg
    altogethernow4.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 70

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

"We need fire or holy light to keep them down!" Bavak calls.

[sblock=OOC]

Can Bavak shift to M18?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 35/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 8/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 1/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"Filthy, darn creatures” grumbled Joshua as he tried to escape from his mystical bonds. "I'll do what I can" he yelled in response to Bavak.

The nearest zombies were far too close for comfort; too close for anything subtle. He decided he had to hit as hard as possible.

He calmed his mind and incanted the words of power. Immediately a spray of brightly coloured lights shot out from him and covered the two zombies. It was unfortunate that the nearest one managed to shake off the damage but the effect on the other was startling! It had only just stood up but was now almost disintigrated by the radiant power of Joshua’s spell

“That’ll teach you” grunted the wizard as he continued to struggle with his bonds, only pausing briefly to glance over at his Flaming Sphere and renew it’s fiery life force.

[sblock=OOC]Colour Spray on Z4 vs Will = 11 - miss
Colour Spray on Z1 vs Will = 25 - hit
Damage to Z1 = 11 +5 = 16 Dead?

Roll Lookup

Minor = Sustain Flaming Sphere
Damage = 7/2 = 3

Roll Lookup

Save vs Restrain = 8; Fail

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2448772/"]Roll Lookup[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek felt the filthy hands of the zombie tear into his legs but focused his mind away from the fear and nauseas feelings such a creature gave rise to, in him.

Moving swiftly he was ready to relinquish his bow, with a silent word of thanks, before grasping his twin axes and bringing them to bare.

Abomination, you are but this is the day of your release.
Rellek spat out at the thing.

[sblock]

ok free action drop my bow and also as a free action I make all damage from my lightening battle axe as lightening damage...you never know!

I will use a minor action to take my axes and since I am not moving use my other minor in place of a move action to make z4 my new quarry -hence the challenge above. Then attack with twin strike I guess again.

NT can we have an updated map its difficult to gage where everyone is without following the whole thread through.

Ok Twin strike with Battle axes
To hit 1 23 Damage from this strike plus hunters quarry = 16 damage
To hit 2 15

[/Sblock]

Ab

nerdytenor

First Post
Karis, Kraegyn, Bavak, Jack - your turns

[sblock=Walking Dad]
Yes, you can shift. Only the red swamp squares are difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arbanax]
The map in my last post should be up to date (although note L1 and z1 are dead). Did I miss something?
[/sblock]

Though briefly reanimated, the resurrected zombie succumbs to Joshua's quick flash of radiant light, and falls to the ground, dead. No really, really dead. Especially dead. Passed on. Kicked the bucket.

Rellek quickly retaliates against the zombie who charged him, sending lightning coursing through its necrotic flesh.

The remaining lizardman, still held fast by ghostly bonds, tosses his spear toward the zombie by rellek, and hits it solidly. He quickly draws his other spear as he feels himself free to move once more.

Results

Joshua kills z1.

Rellek quarries z4.
Rellek hits z4 for 16 damage.

L1 hits z4 for 9 damage.
L1 makes his save.

Status

p1 38/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kenetic claw used
p2 38/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used
p3 42/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used, flinging rebuke used

Dead L1
L2 18/26 hp, 0/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
Joshua 24/38 hp, restrained (save ends), 6/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6, used Flaming Sphere, Colour Spray
Flaming Sphere
YOUR TURN Kraegyn 27/52 hp, restrained (save ends), 9/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2, Used Bless Weaon
Rellek 39/47 hp, 9/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4
YOUR TURN Bavak 42/46 hp, 8/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2, Used Healing Sprits(x1)

z1, REALLY DEAD
z2, 51/66 hp vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16
z4, 22/66 hp, Rellek's quarry vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases