Baradur's End - Part III

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek bellowed at the approaching swordsmen, his breath coming out as forked lightening as he let loose at the ground around him, before dropping his bow and drawing his battle axes to attack.

[sblock]

minor to use breath weapon - 24 to hit, damage: 6
minor to draw weapons
Standard to attack - Twin strike roll1 = 16 and 14
So both miss, ;(
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Karis darts out from the stand of trees and hurls her dagger over Rellek's shoulder at the swordsman facing him, but the cast lands pommel-first, doing nothing to damage the man. The dagger winks back to Karis' hand, and she ducks back behind the trees. Her poor luck continues, however, as she trips over an exposed root, spoiling her attempt at stealth.

[sblock=actions]deft strike vs. s1, moving to I12: 18 vs. AC misses.
Move back to J12 and stealth: 15. Sigh...
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: Well, here we are, a few days later - sorry I am so behind. Sanity should be returning to my life in the next day or two, and with it, your DM - thanks for your continued patience.

nerdytenor

First Post
Jack and Bavak - whatcha gonna do?

As the battle rages, an enormous contingent of militia men floods in from the direction of town, hollering and whooping up an enormous racket. Their charge is promptly halted at the sound of a trumpet and a crescendo of hooves striking the earth.

The lead horse arrives, and both rider and beast are clad in shimmering plate armor. A retinue of three other horses arrives immediately behind - one rider holds a trumpet, and the other two hold crossbows. The lead signals to the trumpeter and he ceases his loud blaring.

"MEN! FALL BACK!" shouts the leader. "FALL BACK! WE CANNOT RISK OPEN WAR WITH THE LIZARD MEN!" As the assembled combatants begin to back off, the leader does a quick double-take as he takes in the sight of the lizard and non-lizard folk intermingled on the other side. He says something quietly to one of the members of his retinue, and his subordinate barks something incomprehensible at one of the swordsmen. The swordsmen yells back. After a very short interchange, one of the retinue retrieves and hoists a flag.

[sblock=History DC 15]
This is a standard signal flag used in these parts to signal a willingness to engage in peaceful negotiations.
[/sblock]

At the site of the flag, the lizardmen gesticulate to each other and step away from the fray. Three of them step forward and signal in unison to the enemy.

The humans on horseback and the three lizardfolk step slowly toward each other, carefully gauging the distance and making sure that both parties remain more or less equidistant from their respective allies.

A brief interchange transpires, involving much drawing on the ground and a little talking from the humans.

[sblock=Jack and Bavak]
One of the retinue apparently has some knowledge of the lizardfolk's visual language.
[/sblock]

A moment later, one of the three lizard folk runs over to Jack and then Bavak, signaling.

[sblock=Jack and Bavak]
"They say the elf, the human, and the two dragonborn are criminals," he signs. "Tell them they must come to negotiations or there will be a blood bath. Tell them we will not protect them if they do not come."
[/sblock]

OOC: I admit my life has been getting in the way of this campaign, so I've advanced the plot a bit - hope you don't mind. At any rate - Jack and Bavak - what do you do?

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

Bavak addresses what looks like a typical adventurer group: "My name is Bavak. This is Jack and these is a tribe of honorable lizardmen. The humans accused you for committing crimes. There must be negotiations. If you refuse, neither the lizardmen, nor we will help you."

[sblock=OOC]
Bavak watches the group for a reaction of the accusation (Insight 20)

-------
My Advanced-Absence-Warning:

I will have no online access between Christmas and 6th January.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 39/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek looked pained, their recent run in had haunted them more than he liked. What seemed so simple has got more than complicated. He looked at the others, he wasn't one who felt comfortable parleying.

[sblock]
Ok likewise I'm away from boxing day until the 31st Dec with little or no access to the internet.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a great Christmas, thanks NT for another great year into the adventure. I hope you get a handle on life so as to keep up the great work. Thanks again.
[/sblock]

Ab

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kraegyn gave a bellowing snarl, which turned into loud sibilant laughter, at the accusation. After a moment, he managed to pause long enough to respond. "Kind of funny being called criminals by a bunch of jumped-up mercenaries in the service of a murderous crazy necromancer, isn't it?" His voice was loud enough to carry, and then he lapsed back into hearty laughter. If he was worried by the increasing flood of enemy troops, or troubled by the accusation, it didn't seem to show.

OOC: So he isn't the best negotiator... FYI, I will be away from 12/24 to 12/27, with no net access.

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: I am finally back! I'll wait for posts from Karis, Joshua and/or Jack (or a simple "OOC: I'm ready - please proceed") and then we'll be back to normal (whatever that is). Hope y'all had (or are having) a great holiday.

The Digger

First Post
Joshua us ready to sell his life dearly. His hands curl around his staff as he turned to face the newcomers.

"So this is our payment for trying to rid the country of disease, necromancy and bandits? Come and take us if you dare, :):):):):):):):)s! "

Tendrils of flame drifted lazily upwards from his clenched hands and a whiff of sulphur was in the air as he continued to curse the militia, ranting on about the story so far...

[sblock=OOC]It's late and I'm tired. Can we assume he tells the story of our reason for being here? Complete with vomit-inducing aspersions cast upon the soldiers and their families?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases