Baradur's End - Part III

nerdytenor

First Post
Joshua said:
"Ahem! We, er, have no real animus with these people as, er, people. It is against Baradur that we have taken up arms. 'Tis a pity, a great pity, that these good people have been deluded into following this evil, this scourge and we must endeavour to find and destroy him before his influence spreads any further."

He spread his arms towards the lizardmen in a pleading manner. "Aid us, I beseech you. Take us under your protection and help us to destroy our mutual enemy."

The lizardmen nod and gesture at each other, seemingly in agreement. (SUCCESS)

Kraegyn said:
"Our crime, as they call it? A simple enough matter- when we were led into their camp to be questioned, as they would likely say, we decided that we were unwelcome there, and we fought our way out. Had we not, we would be ensorcelled now, by spells or false words, I have no doubt. Or we would be dead. Now you have heard our words, and you can tell we speak the truth. What say you? Will you join us, and bind our strengths together to defeat this menace, or must we shoulder the task alone, as we have done so far?"

Kraegyn's words fall on deaf ears (well, mute tongues at least) - the lizardfolk seem unmoved, despite his best efforts (FAILURE).

Bavak said:
"We have to work together! Haven't you seen the plague!" Bavak starts to argue adding the things he know about it to show the dire need of cooperation.

The lizarfolk stand up as one, having made up their minds (SUCCESS).
They briefly 'talk' amongst themselves, and then return to speak to the six of you in relative private.

"We need no further convincing," they sign. "We will consider you four our allies for now. And powerful allies it appears you will be. But I fear the humans from the town will not let you go so easily. Come, let us parlay with the town-humans. Perhaps peace will win this day.

SKILL CHALLENGE PASSED.

The six of you move back toward the center of the battlefield, watching as the humans scowl at your approach.

Another post is on the way this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek was pleased that despite the lack of his own abilities, his companions made a breakthrough with the Lizard folk. But he felt uneasy that any such thing could be said of the men from the town. He absent mindedly had his hand around the hilt of his axe blade. It seemed unlikely that this was going to remain unused for much longer, he felt with a resigned sigh.

Ab

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Great," snarls Karis. "More talk."

Kraegyn gave a deep rumbling chuckle. "These guys, though, we DON'T have to talk nice to..." With a wide smile, one that showed all of his teeth, the dragonborn hefted his sword casually and followed the others (and their new allies) toward the waiting humans.

nerdytenor

First Post
The lizardfolk contingent bows ceremoniously at the humans waiting for them in the center of the field as the adventurer's follow behind. The humans do not bow in return. One of the lizardfolk begins signaling.

We understand you have some quarrel with these four. Nevertheless, we cannot turn them over to you - we have taken them under our protection.

With this translated, the enemy leader's face flushes red with anger. "UNACCEPTABLE!" One of his lieutenants begins to draw his weapon, but another signals for him to stand down. The leader mutters to himself for a moment, and then, when his anger has been mastered, he speaks.

"This lot attacked my men! My infirmary is almost full. I require some kind of compensation for the damage these four have caused. Do this, and perhaps further bloodshed can be avoided."

covaithe

Explorer
"Tell you what, why don't we free you from unspeakable slavery to a deranged monster and his perverted abominations, and call it even?" Karis mutters, but not loudly enough for the human captain to hear.

ooc: Is this a cue for us? Not clear what we're supposed to do, here...

renau1g

First Post
"I have not harmed any of you. To my eyes you were the aggressors. Let us say you have learned the price of bloodlust today and call it even" Jack says.

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek looked on somewhat amused, where it not for the deadliness of their situation.

He couldn't believe that this whole adventure had resulted in this situation. How had Baradur seduced this village into believing his lies, when but a short distance away, another lay ravaged by his abominations.

He kept his tongue, unsure of what to say but ready to act with words or weapons as the course ahead became clear.

OOC - yup not sure what we're supposed to do here NT is this another Skill challenge?

Ab

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

Bavak feels the tension rising and prepares to defend himself.

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2383748/Trying to stay behind the defenders and getting into full defense.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 39/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases