IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

industrygothica

Adventurer
I've been threatening a new OOC thread for a while, so here it is... minus the 1300+ posts in the last one.

And I have a question... and a simple one, at that.

Do you guys prefer maps to go along with battles and combat posts, or do you just prefer I narrate it and leave it at that? Maps, especially of dungeons, are obviously more organized (take a right here, and a left there), but simple narration is easier, as long as you're not tracking at home... 'cause things may not add up exactly that way.

-IG

jkason

First Post
The only reason I'd prefer a map would be for tactical purposes (flanking, picking area for spells). So long as we could find a way to allow for those, I'm fine without one.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm fine without a map, if that's the DM's preference. But there's no reason why we need to do every encounter the same way, either. Maybe you can fling a map at us if you have the time, and, if not, we'll do without. ;)

(Now, if only I could get MY players to be as easy to please!)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The only reason I'd prefer a map would be for tactical purposes (flanking, picking area for spells). So long as we could find a way to allow for those, I'm fine without one.

what he said! for tactical purposes.

I'm fine without a map, if that's the DM's preference. But there's no reason why we need to do every encounter the same way, either. Maybe you can fling a map at us if you have the time, and, if not, we'll do without. ;)

(Now, if only I could get MY players to be as easy to please!)

and thanks for that map you gave us , Leif. that helps alot!

Scotley

Hero
My character doesn't have a lot of tactical stuff, but he does do much better when flanking. As long as we can figure a way to do that occasionally I don't need a full map.

Friadoc

Explorer
I'm cool going without a battle map, if need be, so long as we default to a little more leeway in the tactical layout and approach to encounters. Heck, I've had groups who only use dry erase boards, without grids, and we just fudge distances, per DM approval, most the time.

While maps are good for the tactical element, as well as visuals sometimes, I think a good descriptive bought can overcome the need for them, most the time. :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm cool going without a battle map, if need be, so long as we default to a little more leeway in the tactical layout and approach to encounters. Heck, I've had groups who only use dry erase boards, without grids, and we just fudge distances, per DM approval, most the time.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Thak you for the complament leif, but I would rather you let Industry Gothica think he is the boss here.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases