IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
so, is it official? should I contact Rhun to take over Caerwyn?

by the way, Scott, you can let Leif run it for you. I volenteer him!

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
so, is it official? should I contact Rhun to take over Caerwyn?

by the way, Scott, you can let Leif run it for you. I volenteer him!

It is official that we will continue this campaign in 4th edition AFTER this current adventure is over.

So will we still get to count it as a multi-year long game, or do we have to start over? :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Speaking of 4e, who's got a new 4e game starting up? I've got a dwarven invoker that I rolled up some time ago for a game that never got off the ground, and I'm dying to give him a proper go. Anyone?

-IG

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
It is official that we will continue this campaign in 4th edition AFTER this current adventure is over.

So will we still get to count it as a multi-year long game, or do we have to start over? :)
I do not know the answer to that question, personally, but the group as a whole seems to want to continue the characters as 4.x ed. at level 11, I think.

as for who to take over for me, I actually was thinking of Rena1g, not Rhun. either one would be great. I count it an honor if either one were to take over Caerwyn.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I do not know the answer to that question, personally, but the group as a whole seems to want to continue the characters as 4.x ed. at level 11, I think.

as for who to take over for me, I actually was thinking of Rena1g, not Rhun. either one would be great. I count it an honor if either one were to take over Caerwyn.

renau1g is a great choice too--he's actually in my other 4e game, along with Shayuri. Either one would do Caerwyn justice.

renau1g

First Post
Speak of the devil....

I would definitely be interested (as I replied in PM to Mr. Dewar). I don't think Rhun's playing 4e either. So would it be level 11 to start? I would probably play the paladin and then multi-class into barbarian (or perhaps hybrid, although it probably would be difficult to do that).

I look forward to assuming the reins of Caerwyn Thingol

industrygothica

Adventurer
Speak of the devil....

I would definitely be interested (as I replied in PM to Mr. Dewar). I don't think Rhun's playing 4e either. So would it be level 11 to start? I would probably play the paladin and then multi-class into barbarian (or perhaps hybrid, although it probably would be difficult to do that).

I look forward to assuming the reins of Caerwyn Thingol

Welcome renau1g, glad to have you in the game. We've been in this one a long time, and once we convert I don't any reason we won't keep going. I don't know exactly what we'll be doing when we're done here; if I can think of something to tie it in, I will. Otherwise it'll be something new and exciting. I've neither played nor ran paragon levels before (except for that one time when I was making bitches out of a couple of goliaths, before the game fell apart... but that's another story :devil:), so that's liable to get interesting.

Build Caerwyn however you like, though I haven't researched the hybrid classes; let's avoid that route if possible. If it's something you end up really wanting to do, then we'll talk.

You've seen the Romeda map, and the accompanying world map. It'll be set somewhere in there, be it Romeda or somewhere else that I'll have to detail.

Again, it could be some time before we start, as we still have this chapter to finish up on first. It might be as long as a couple of months. We can use this thread to discuss plans and whatnot, however.

One of my main concerns now is making sure that Shai gets to keep Dyspeer, as I don't believe druids get animal companions in 4e. Dyspeer has been just as important in this adventure as the PCs--and has just as many kills, I think. It wouldn't feel right moving on without him.

-IG

Shayuri

First Post
Shai strikes me as more of a ranger than a druid anyway, to be honest. He hardly ever casts spells. He's much more martially oriented.

A beastmaster ranger...maybe with a barbarian MC or something...could be quite nice.

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm...there is a dire wolf mount in CB...you might need to bump it up a bit though as it's a level 5 creature, also they're handled differently as you and the mount can't attack in the same turn.

I'd also suggest looking at the ranger build with the animal companion.

I was bored at work right now so I put together a proposed build for Caerwyn (using the hybrid rules though). Reason I did it is that he had rages in the initial build and seemed like a fairly important part of the character that I didn't want to lose. The paragon class Gray Guard seems to fit his personality perfectly, "Your tactics don't make you popular with others in your god's service" & "the ends justify the means" - like his initial "concepts of quick and dirty justice" from his background section.

Attachments

• D&D 4E Character Sheet.pdf
    500.1 KB · Views: 110

Remove ads