Avatar: Seek of the lost Avatar [4e] (Recruiting, brainstorming)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, this time I was wondering if there was someone out there who wanted to role play Avatar: The Air Blender.
Basically, there are two nations in this world. The nation of Fire, and the Nation of Earth. They are in two separated continent. The people of Earth live in Chinese life style, with an emperor and a vast land. They are mostly pacific . The people of fire are combative, and strong willed folk, rulled by a fierce emperor.
In the poles, lives the people of the tribes of water, one in the south, other in the north. The tribe of the north is smaller, and only a handful of families lives in the small settlements. The southern tribe is larger, and a small city, with a castle carved from the mere ice serves as protection and home for the water people.
Scattered in the land, there are several Temples of the Air, in high inaccessible peaks of the highest mountains. There, the monks of the air train and live. They are erratic and curious, and at the same time, focused and disciplined.
The world is in constant equilibrium, but a catastrophic event could change the face of the world forever. A giant asteroid will be passing next to the world, empowering the emperor of Fire and all his war machine. The emperor's ambition knows no bound, and his world domination ambitions will come true, if no one stands on his way.
In this times of crisis, the Avatar, blender of all four elements should arose among the folks of the Air. But the temples are silent as they have never been. The Air monks feared that the avatar was not among them. If that was true, then the world was doom.

I want to propose the next set of questions:

1) Do you like 4e?
2) Are you familiar, or have you heard about Avatar: the Air Blender? It's anime of the bald guy with an arrow in his head, that I think is on Nickelodeon.
3) Are you interested in playing a 4e game based on that series universe?

I'm waiting on your replies!

I believe there's a movie going on soonish.
Edit: I found the trailer, pretty cool! Here's the link
YouTube - 'The Last Airbender' Teaser HD

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
1) Do you like 4e?
Same answer as other quiz. Not overly familiar, but 4E seems fine.
Voda Vosa said:
2) Are you familiar, or have you heard about Avatar: the Air Blender? It's anime of the bald guy with an arrow in his head, that I think is on Nickelodeon.
Yep, loved Avatar... watched the entire series.
Voda Vosa said:
Sure.

As a note, I don't think the "Avatar" movie is actually based on the series... not positive though. I think I saw a preview clip or something that looked nothing like the series. Or maybe there's two movies coming out and I saw a different one.

eblue562

First Post
I would be interested, had a few questions however.

1. How standard would the 4e rules be? Are there going to be a lot of house ruling in terms of spellcasting/schools of magick? From what I can remember, the schools of 4e don't jive very well with Avatar's world.

2. How prevalent would the races in 4e be, if at all? Could you make Deva characters, or even dwarves?

Fenris

Adventurer
I am quite familiar with the series. I missed a couple chapters but have seen most of them, including the first book and the end story.

What are you looking at for time and location for the game? A small band fighting the Fire nation somewhere?

As for 4e, well, I JUST played a game of 4e at a game day a week ago. That is my only exposure. I do now have the players handbook. So I am new to 4e but willing to learn with some help.

eblue562

First Post
I am quite familiar with the series. I missed a couple chapters but have seen most of them, including the first book and the end story.

What are you looking at for time and location for the game? A small band fighting the Fire nation somewhere?

As for 4e, well, I JUST played a game of 4e at a game day a week ago. That is my only exposure. I do now have the players handbook. So I am new to 4e but willing to learn with some help.

Fenris,

I know that Voda experience in 4e, and those are the only games I play (both IRL and in PbP games here on ENWorld). I'm sure we'd be able to help you along with any questions. It is a bit different than 3.5 or 3e, but you should be able to pick up on it quick enough.

Voda Vosa

First Post
1. How standard would the 4e rules be? Are there going to be a lot of house ruling in terms of spellcasting/schools of magick? From what I can remember, the schools of 4e don't jive very well with Avatar's world.
We'll be using 4E as a base system, something similar to what I did in my other interest check thread. We can brainstorm some classes, for example, earth blender, fire blender, etc, and also use the fighter, warlord, ranger, rough, barbarian and other martial characters. I don't recall seeing a mage or sorcerer that was not a blender of some type.

2. How prevalent would the races in 4e be, if at all? Could you make Deva characters, or even dwarves? We can make up four races, one of each nation, but all will be humans. For example, the peoples of the water would have +2 constitution, because they endure the harsh colds of the poles, and +2 wisdom for... for something =P. And you have a dwarf. Do I make myself clear or Am I just rambling like I think I am? Heh

Yes, I was thinking of that. Perhaps some years before the series time line, when the people of Air still exists, and their temples are full of apprentices and masters.

Thats great!

Arkhandus

First Post
As a note, I don't think the "Avatar" movie is actually based on the series... not positive though. I think I saw a preview clip or something that looked nothing like the series. Or maybe there's two movies coming out and I saw a different one.
Yeah, the movie's actually going to be called The Last Airbender. Since some other jerk already took the name Avatar for his next movie, which is coming out somewhat sooner IIRC, so Nickelodeon couldn't call their movie Avatar, and might not've been able to call it Avatar: The Last Airbender either, as the original series was called.

Just mentioning that for reference; the movie might be good, but I haven't seen anything more than the little preview online. I enjoyed the series Avatar: The Last Airbender but I have absolutely no interest in 4E.

Walking Dad

First Post
1) Do you like 4e?
Yes

Yes, really like it.

Yes, actually more than your 'other' anime game ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases