Fantasy Craft: How much OGC?

pawsplay

Hero
I haven't been able to find a hard copy of Fantasy Craft in Dallas to peruse. I was wondering if those of you who have a copy could answer a question for me. How much OGC is in it, and of what kind? I'm curious because I want to know if it would make a good addition to my professional library, even if I didn't end up playing it right away.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
You should find it pretty happy making:
OPEN GAME CONTENT
This release of Fantasy Craft is done under version 1.0a of the Open Game License and the draft version of the d20 System Trademark License, d20 System Trademark Logo Guide and System Reference Document by permission of Wizards of the Coast. Subsequent releases of this document will incorporate final versions of the license, guide and document.

Crafty Games’ intention is to open up as much of this product as possible to be used as Open Game Content (OGC), while maintaining Product Identity (PI) to all aspects of the Fantasy Craft intellectual property. Publishers who wish to use the OGC materials from this release are encouraged to contact pat@crafty-games.com if they have any questions or concerns about
reproducing material from this product in other OGL works. Crafty Games would appreciate anyone using OGC material from this product in other OGL works to kindly reference Fantasy Craft as the source of that material within the text of their work. Open Game Content may only be used under and in accordance with the terms of the OGL as fully set forth in the opposite
column.

DESIGNATION OF PRODUCT IDENTITY: The following items are hereby designated as Product Identity in accordance with section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version 1.0a: Any and all Fantasy Craft logos and identifying marks and trade dress, including all Fantasy Craft product and product line names including but not limited to The Fantasy Craft Rulebook, The Fantasy Craft World Builder’s Guide, The Fantasy Craft Primer, Call to Arms, Cloak and Dagger, Epoch, Godspawn, Sunchaser, The Darkest Hour, The Cleansing of Black Spur, the Toolkit series, website support materials (including, but not limited to, all free game support items such as adventures and the Errata Document), and all Fantasy Craft logos; any elements of any Fantasy
Craft setting, including but not limited to capitalized names, monster names, magic item names, spell names, organization names, Faction names, project names, characters, monsters, magic items, spells, historic events, and organizations; any and all stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, documents within the game world, quotes from characters or documents, and dialogue; and all artwork, logos, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps and cartography, likenesses, and poses, except such elements that already appear in the d20 System Reference Document and are already OGC by virtue of appearing there. The above Product Identity is notOpen Game Content.

DESIGNATION OF OPEN CONTENT: Subject to the Product Identity designation above, all portions of Fantasy Craft are designated as Open Game Content.

USE OF MATERIAL AS OPEN GAME CONTENT: It is the clear and expressed intent of Crafty Games to add all classes, skills, feats, gear, and NPC statistics contained in this volume to the canon of Open Game Content for free use pursuant to the Open Game License by future Open Game publishers.
Some of the portions of this product which are delineated OGC originate from the System Reference Document and are © 1999, 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. The remainder of these OGC portions of this book are hereby added to Open Game Content and if so used, should bear the COPYRIGHT NOTICE: “Fantasy Craft Copyright 2009, Crafty Games.”

The mention of or reference to any company or product in these pages is not a challenge to the trademark or copyright concerned.

‘d20 System’ and the ‘d20 System’ logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used according to the terms of the d20 System License version 1.0a. A copy of this License can be found at Wizards of the Coast.
Dungeons & Dragons® and Wizards of the Coast® are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, and are used with permission.

All contents of this release, regardless of designation, are copyrighted year 2009 by Crafty Games. All rights reserved. Reproduction or use without the written permission of the publisher is expressly forbidden, except for the purposes of review of use consistent with the limited license above.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Edition wars aside, 2009 was a pretty good year for OGL in some ways - both Fantasy Craft and Pathfinder are pretty generous with the OGC. And of course, both are actively looking for third party support.

There are mechanics in Fantasy Craft that are well worth taking a look at.

The Auld Grump

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
(. . .) and the draft version of the d20 System Trademark License, d20 System Trademark Logo Guide (. . .)

(. . .) d20 System Reference Document (. . .)

(. . .) ‘d20 System’ and the ‘d20 System’ logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used according to the terms of the d20 System License version 1.0a. (. . .)

oops. Looks like some legacy text was inadvertently carried over.

Still, quite generous on the OGC and commendable.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
oops. Looks like some legacy text was inadvertently carried over.

Still, quite generous on the OGC and commendable.
Heh, not surprising - I think that Fantasy Craft was in the works before 4e was announced....

No sign of the D20 logo though.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases