[Pathfinder] The Pleasure Prison of the B'Thuvian Demon Whore

Game System: Pathfinder Core Rulebook
Number of Players: 4-5

The adventure finds the player characters in Anguran, the last desert stop on the grand east-west trade route. After serving a year in the all-female Isfala Guard, the PCs have mustered out of the Guard and wandered toward Anguran to sell-sword their way to the exotic lands of the Far East. Little do the PCs know that with each swill of date wine they take and each illicit kiss "stolen" from barmaids and bartenders all too willing, dark plans are being hatched that will alter their fate on this plane.

DM Note on The Pleasure Prison of the B'Thuvian Demon Whore: This is a relatively short 22-page module published by the excellent Expeditious Retreat Press. While the original module is intended for Krunk, a 7th-level barbarian of the frozen wastes and a "god among men," I have re-tooled the module for a party of four to five female players of 4th level. The adventure is intended to be campy, light-hearted, and fun. Due to the nature of XRP's writing contained within this specific module and my own tweaks to PC sex and certain module vignettes, at times the adventure may entertain themes of gender-bending sexuality. Out of respect for the public EN World gaming environment, overtly sexual scenes will be avoided by both the DM and players. We're looking for fun here, folks, not for an orgy.

Character Sex: Female only. Players can be female or male, but only female PCs will be accepted.

Point Buy: 15
Starting Level: 4th
Hit Points: Max at 1st level for your class, average for your class at each subsequent level.
Starting Gold: 6,000 gp. No one item may be worth more than 2,000 gp.
DM Gift to the party healer: Wand of cure light wounds, 40 charges.
Pantheon: Core Pathfinder deities
Alignment: No evil, CN will need a good backstory and must be accompanied by the intent to play well with others in the party.
Setting: Desert region in and around the city-state of Isfala. You can expect to spend some time traveling through the desert but more time underground. As far as I know, Isfala appears as a module-specific locale and is not part of a larger published setting.

Game Pace: Leisurely. I am a thorough DM but past experience has taught me that when I get too into D&D, I burn out. This game will therefore entertain periods of lulls in activity. If that's not for you, that's okay...but let this serve as fair warning.

Character Concept Submission Deadline: 9 November 2009. This is not a first-come-first-served game! You can do a full-on character concept that includes all the stats if you like, but it won't be necessary to do all that to be accepted to this game. I intend to hold one of the four spots for someone new to the EN World pbp environment. Preliminary things that I would like to see include: character name, race, class, alignment, primary weapon, and a rough estimate of feat and skill selection. Don't write a huge backstory--it won't see play in this game. If you don't have access to the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, don't sweat it. The Pathfinder RPG Game Reference Document is available for free HERE.

Players Considered:
Rhun -- human shield bash fighter
Shayuri -- gnome sorceress
rangerjohn -- elf druidess
Tailspinner -- human cleric of Sarenrae
Insight -- human rogue w/ social skills

[sblock=Anguran: The Last Stop]What follows is copyright XRP, 2006. All text, inclusive of errors, is taken from the module. "Of all the communities within Isfala's sphere of control, Anguran benefits the most from the large amount of trade flowing along the great east-west trade route. It is at Anguran that the majority of the caravans stop and unload their goods to local merchants who take them to Kalik and eventually Isfala itself. Anguran is a rowdy town full of roustabouts and merchants, travelers and caravan guards. Its streets flow heavy with the luxurious local Date Wine as well as the local luxurious ladies-[and-men-]of-the-night. Which, if truth be told, are more like ladies-of-whatever-time-you-like in Anguran.

The Varaki River flows through the walls of Anguran and lowers the killing temperatures to merely brutal while providing a waterway for goods moving downriver to Kalik. Along the river, inn after inn and tavern after tavern ply their trade to the rough-and-ready who typically frequent Anguran."

Anguran (Large Town)
Power Centers: Conventional Town Council (LN), Conventional Merchant's Guild (LE)
GP Limit: 4,000
Assets: 966,000
Population: 4,831. Mixed (75% human, 5% half-elf, 5% elf, 4% dwarf, 4% halfling, 3% half-orc, 2% gnome, 2% other)[/sblock]
[sblock=The City-State of Isfala]What follows is copyright XRP, 2006. All text, inclusive of errors, is taken from the module. "At the mouth of the Baladeh River lies the city-state of Isfala whose shell-encrusted towers and gleaming mother-of-pearl twin fortresses shine in the reflected sunlight from Neytak Bay. Isfala is an old city, an old, old city with thousands of years of history and many more in legend. Isfala was the birth place of the great prophet Qu'Tun and has played an important role in spreading his word through the radical clerics of Isfala.

But don't expect the birth-place of the great prophet to be a holy city, far from it! It is a bustling cesspit of iniquity, where from one side of the mouth holy chants are incanted and through the other wine, lotus powder and the reluctant kisses of slaves pass. Isfala is a two-faced city at best, but truly it is a multifaced city willing to present whatever necessary to continue living in sin while commanding others not too [sic]. Anything a heart desires can be found in Isfala as it is the final stopping point of the vast east-west trade route moving weapons, armor, magic items, slaves, horses, camels, and jewelry.

But the most valuable commodity in Isfala is knowledge. The great sage college of Isfala trains the world's sages in knowledge ranging from the uses and meaning of the rudraksha bead to what blood is best for a gris-gris charm. Blue Domes, the local name of the sage college given by the bright blue domed minarets lining the walls of the campus, is the place to study for the 3rd sons across the civilized world.

But all of this focus on debauchery and knowledge has resulted in diminishing military control for the city-state. Now, after years of inward-focusing thoughts and actions, Isfala controls only the southernmost part of Neytak Bay and maintains its hold in the food producing lands solely out of a nigh-dormant sense of self-preservation. Isfala's grasp reaches inland only to the oasis communities of Kojur and Anguran, where loyalty to Isfala is sworn and mostly followed. But beyond the walls of Kojur and Anguran, a vast empty no-mans land stretches filled with slavers, traders, and humanoid tribes."

Isfala (Metropolis)
Power Centers: Conventional City Council (LE), Conventional Grand Council (LN), Conventional Merchants' Guild (LE), Magical Radical Clerics of Isfala (LN)
GP Limit: 100,000
Assets: 239,500,273
Population: 47,906. Mixed (80% human, 9% half-elf, 5% elf, 4% halfling, 1% half-orc, 1% other)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
While I really don't have the time for another game, this one just sounds like too much fun to pass up. Plus, I know you're an excellent DM, CB! I'm thinking a tough, strong warrior type...Xena style!

I'll working on the actual build as soon as I get a little bit of time to myself!

Glad to see you, Rhun! :) Xena-style warrior sound grand.

The game will have a *leisurely* pace. Quite a few of us here on EN World don't have time for more games, which is part of the reason why I intend to stick to a slower pace. By keeping things slower, maybe a few of the already-booked better players will want in. I am, however, holding one spot purely for a new player--preferably someone who wants in a game but hasn't found a niche yet.

Shayuri

First Post
A leisurely pace is just my style!

This might be a good game for a rogue or bard, in fact... I still want to try the Pathfinder rogue, since Mal's game is looking like it may not work out.

Alternatively, I've got a great gnome fey sorceress that would be loads of fun in a light hearted style game.

Despite the fact that the adventure background has the player characters pegged as prior members of the Isfala Guard, non-warrior classes could easily have also have been guard members and will have things to do in this game, so either sounds just dandy, Shayuri.

G

Guest 11456

Character Name: Gabrielle
Race: Human
Class: Cleric of Sarenrae
Alignment: Neutral Good
Primary Weapon: Scimitar
Domains: Fire, Healing
Feats: Catch Off-Guard, Extra Channel, Toughness
Skills: Diplomacy, Heal, Sense Motive

Last edited by a moderator:

Howzit, Tailspinner? Glad you piped up with interest.

All--I'm heartened to see that at least a few of my fellow EN Worlders aren't thrown by the adventure concept. :p I updated the originating post (OP) in this thread to reflect the character ideas that everyone has thus far bantied about. I'll continue to watch the thread in order to make myself available to answer questions and to keep the log of interested persons updated.

I'm still looking for someone new to EN World or new to PbP, by the way. If there is a person new to either EN World or PbP out there who has been struggling to find a game, I'm holding one spot open just for you.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I saw the title and was racking my brain trying to remember where I had seen that name, it wasn't until I read the description and saw "Krunk" that it all clicked. Looks like you'll have a blast! I'll be keeping an eye out for the IC thread.

"Mercy? You wanted Mercy! I'm chaotic neutral!" :lol:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases