DCC#8 (IC):: Spectres

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
From a balcony cloaked in shadow the group watched the Matron Mother address her followers and slaves. As she leave the chamber they all move back into the spider filled room.

The creatures crawl about everywhere and hang from the ceiling. Some the size of a fist and others no bigger than a thumb nail. The room is empty save for the spiders. And the mercenaries who have come at the Matron Mother's request.

[sblock=ooc] How about description's and a post to get your personality. I know SVZ no description of Zap he is invisible lol [/sblock]

Links:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/267453-dcc-8-ooc-spectres.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/264886-dcc-8-mysteries-drow-recuirtment.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/265618-audience-chamber-motd-rg.html

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Arne walked in, the small dwarf-like mercenary encased head to foot in black vaguely avian full plate, his ornately carved greataxe across his back. His eyes flashed merrily as he took in the wrongness of the chamber and he suppressed an appreciative grin. A titter threatened to erupt but he smiled grimly as he clenched his teeth.

He was sane. He was sane. He was sane. They would never know.

bedford

First Post
Behind Arne walked the monstrous beast called Gulon. He stod just over ten feet tall and he looked as powerfully built as a bear. He was covered in brown thick fur, His head resembled that of giant wolverine. The claws on his hands were over five inches long. Overall he looked more like an animal than a human although he walked upright and had hands. As usual he wore wore a spiked breastplate and a few magical items.

He looked at the Matron Mother with disgust. He didn't trust the filthy blackskinned elves at all but if this was what his trusted companions wanted he was prepared to go along.

Zap - Dark hearted pixie

Only those with perfectly hearing ability had a chance of hearing the flapping of wings, only those with the keenest eyes had a chance to see the faint disturbance of the air. The invisible pixie flew and found a giant mushroom to sit upon. He eyes the beastly human and the small dwarf and then shift his gaze to the darkness, where the queen was.

Walking Dad

First Post
The last in this group was a half-breed mercenary, showing his mixed human-drow ancestry and a professional interest as he lurked in the periphery of the group.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The natrually carved room with its slow drip of water and fungus growing everywhere leaves no place for the group to sit. Laurossil Cadryenne Matron Mother of House Cadryenne stands half in shadow her glowing red eyes the only thing visible above her waist.

She watches the party enter from the balcony and then speaks, "Gentlemen I welcome you but I was told there was four of you." A drow from behind the Matron Mother steps forward into the little light in the room to whisper in her ear. "Ahh," she then says. A purplish light starts to form near her breast illumanting a holy symbol hanging around her neck. The light burst forth suddenly touching everything and everyone in the room. You feel nothing as the glow disappears as fast as it formed but everyone is surprised to suddenly see Zap appear sitting atop his mushroom.

"Better, do not stay invisible in my presence, Laccermian." she says to Zap. "Now I am sure you all heard me address my people, I am here to see if you have any questions about the nature of the job I am offering you."

She stands with arms folded waiting.

[sblock=ooc] Invisiblity Purge and Laccermian is drow for well this is a G rated site can't tell you what she called Zap lol [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Any more information you can only share with more expendable and deniable 'helpers'? Shall we help the others, hinder them? Shall they see us or not? Shall they make it back alive?" The half-drow asks. All fairly normal questions in a contract with a drow.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A Laccermian and a half-man? Are you sure these are to be trusted Dinbelar?" the Matron Mother asks the female drow behind her.

Stepping into the light the small, thin female looks to be engulfed by the spider emblemed armor she wears. The plates engraved with web designs and the enamble spiders look to be crawling all over them. Her hair is cut short in a military style and she walks forward comfortable with the blade at her hip. "Yes Matron Mother, these... men, have high reputations in various parts of the world. Each will bring something to this group." She says this all bowed low beside the queen.

"I will trust you in this Dinbelar, and to further guarantee my truimph you will join them." the Matron Mother says.

"As you wish I shall serve," Dinbelar replies.

"Now to answer your question half-man, you are not to hinder any other group of seekers. Indeed they should not know that their are non-clansmen about. It is as if you should all become Spectres."

Voadam

Legend
"A ship of bone sounds like, heh, necromancy, mistress. Undead can be easily brought to heel. Do the Sorethin boast any necromancers of, heh, repute?" The small dwarf seems pleasingly obsequious and confident.

Remove ads