Water Problems [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: Kalidrev!]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shuman walks out of the tavern, followed closely by the mercenary band he has hired. The bulky sorceres, the chatty bugbear, the massive goliath, the prideful jadeite, and the confident shifter follow the eccentric man down the streets of the city. The sturdy group keeps on foot, until they reach the gates, where a strange wagon pulled by two strange beasts was waiting for them. Shuman stops in his place, and turns to examine each of you. A worry face he shows when looking at Torqua, Kavac and Vardaal. "I'm afraid your size wont allow us to travel in this small carriage. Although, perhaps you wont mind riding on the roof of the wagon?" he asks, politely, but not really asking; he boards the vehicle, and motions Frost and Myoko to follow him, while he points up to the gargantuan trio before shutting the door.
The first to climb is the bugbear. He nimbly gets on the roof, and helps Kavac to lift Torqua. It's not an easy task, even for the tough warriors, but finnally, the sorceress is accommodated in her place.
Kavac places a foot on the wheel and then loads himself on the roof of the wagon, making it creak under his weight.
The overloaded wagon started, then, his slow peaced march.
The warlord and the fighter found themselves in a quite confortable transport, with nice cushions, good decoration and delightful smell. Shuman remains silent, unless someone prompts a question.
The three on the roof can see the shifting landscape as the wagon travels far from the city.
Driving from the main road, the group takes a detour to the right, to a small dirt path, that flows among the scattered trees of a nearby forest. As the road continues, the trees' density gets thicker, and the underbrush begins to grow more abundantly.
Slowly, the sun descends on the horizon, and the lights dim, until the surroundings turn pitch dark, in a moonless night.
With a tired gesture, Shuman claps his hands, and a set a pair of magical lights on the side of the wagon. The now visible forest is quite creepy: twisted branches loom over the wagon, twisting around the sorceress black hair from time to time. Vardaal enjoys himself, scratching his head with them.
From within the wagon, the pair can see the wide trunks of the seemingly old trees, passing one after another, in a boring monotony, just to get surprised by a flashing pair of eyes, shooting from the darkness.
After two hours from the sun set, the wagon stops.
From the top, Vadraal, Kavac and Torqua can see the rider jumping down, and opening the side door. Shuman steps out followed by the other two.
The ambassador gestures the trio to get down, and after a briefe (but not troublesome) moment, the five adventurers are stand in front of the wizard.
"Well, I'll travel no further with you I'm afraid. There is a portal a few minutes walking away from here. You must go through the forest. Once you step through the portal there will be a receiving party waiting for you on the other side. For now, fare you well my friends, may luck smile upon you." With that, the eldery man returns to the carriage, and the driver jumps back on, and speed off.
With nothing to say, the group walks into the forest, which seems quite peaceful now. All seems worse when you are sitting on the roof of a moving wagon.
After a few minutes of walk through the woods, our adventurers find the portal. It seems odd that a portal to the blazing sands was hidden in a swampy forest, but with the objectives clear in their mind, the group steps through it. Unfortunately, the ratberry pie is lost in the process, due to a planetary confulx that creates an temporal anomaly. Torqua explains later, that instead of the pie, one of them could have been torn inside out, but that doesn't seem to lift the spirit of the now sad bugbear.
With the pie-exploding issue, the group doesn't notice the place that the have been teleported to. As they move their eyes from Vardaal's destroyed pie, they find themselves in some sort of cave, of sandy brown walls. There are several inscriptions in a strange language, carved in the stone, and the place seems to be well cared. The place is illuminated by torches placed on wall supports, and the group quickly fins their way to the entrance following them.
As they step out, a man in robe much like Shuman's greets them.
"Ah! Finaly. I take that you come sent by Shuman, yes? My name is Ladham, visir of Asamadar." the man announces himself, waiting for your replies. He is evidently old, and the feather in his "fancy hat" is bigger and more ornamented. He is well guarded by four armed men, that seems to be some sort of bodyguards.

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
"The honor is all ours, Ladham, sorry if we kept you waiting. I am Torqua Debu, a great sorceress." She says for the fourth time today, making a finally check to make sure she hadn't lost any body parts when she stepped through that portal.

"Now tell me, what will be the first coruse of action in returning your missing water? Will we be setting off straight away after the supected water theives or will we have a chance to discuss a plan of attack over dinner?"

Llama_Bill

First Post
Kavac nods an answer but stays unusually quiet, he never was a fan of travelling by magic. Once he finally regains his composure Kavac’s hand moves to his belt as he says: “My name’s Kavac,” to no one in particular. After seeing that he doesn’t look in too much trouble right now his hands drop to his side. “Yeah, Shuman sent us here. He says you’re looking for some water.” replys Kavac finally making eye contact with Ladham. The colour in Kavac’sface returns and he starts to look more at ease.

[sblock=Kavac's Stats (As I spent time making it]
Kavac - Goliath Barbarian 1
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 16, Reflex 13, Will 12
HP 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 12/12
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Recuperating Strike, Howling Strike
Encounter Powers: Avalanche Strike, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Bloodhunt Rage
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Feral Might, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Do we have that 20g or will we have to ask for it later?[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
The others have seemed to address the new leader so Frost will step quietly to the side and let them discuss their matters. He will wait quietly as the social conversations are not his forte. He counts on the others to take care of things and direct him where to go.

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
The bugbear amuses himself on the journey with thoughts of ratberry pie-filled lands, a few drops of saliva dripping down. When they were in the scary-looking forest he leaned over the opening and poked his head in the carriage "ROAR! I am scary monster, I eat your pies!" Vardaal jokes as he pulls himself up, doubled over in laughter.
Once arriving at the portal, Vardaal looks a bit nervous, but puts on a brave face and follows the others through. When his pie is destroyed, the bugbear lets out a large bellow, a mix of anger and sadness. "Why Mr. Fancy Hat no tell me that pie splode?" he laments.
At the sight of the newcomers, Vardaal straightens. I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth. You have a more fancy hat than Mr. Fancy Hat...hmmmm...you is more fancy, ok you now Mr. Fancy Hat, he Mr. Not-so-Fancy Hat. Ok so someone is taking your water?" the bugbear says, his spirits lifted at the thought of a fight.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"The honor is all ours, Ladham, sorry if we kept you waiting. I am Torqua Debu, a great sorceress." She says for the fourth time today, making a finally check to make sure she hadn't lost any body parts when she stepped through that portal.
"Now tell me, what will be the first coruse of action in returning your missing water? Will we be setting off straight away after the supected water theives or will we have a chance to discuss a plan of attack over dinner?"

The man simply gestures around him. Up to that moment, the light from the torches had made you think it was daytime. But it was not. As you step out of the cave's entrance, you can see a beautiful night sky, plaged with stars, and a bright quarter moon shining in the cloudless sky. Around you there's darkness. The soil where you are standing is a dry crust of dirt covered by a thin layer of sand, that gently rolls with the night breeze. Far away you can see huge living sand dunes, which like slugs, moves slowly, perhaps a inch a day, wandering the desert in the direction the wind takes them.
"These are no hours for travelling I'm afraid. In a few hours the temperatures will drop drastically." explains Ladham as he smiles

Kavac nods an answer but stays unusually quiet, he never was a fan of travelling by magic. Once he finally regains his composure Kavac’s hand moves to his belt as he says: “My name’s Kavac,” to no one in particular. After seeing that he doesn’t look in too much trouble right now his hands drop to his side. “Yeah, Shuman sent us here. He says you’re looking for some water.” replys Kavac finally making eye contact with Ladham. The colour in Kavac’sface returns and he starts to look more at ease.
The bugbear amuses himself on the journey with thoughts of ratberry pie-filled lands, a few drops of saliva dripping down. When they were in the scary-looking forest he leaned over the opening and poked his head in the carriage "ROAR! I am scary monster, I eat your pies!" Vardaal jokes as he pulls himself up, doubled over in laughter.
Once arriving at the portal, Vardaal looks a bit nervous, but puts on a brave face and follows the others through. When his pie is destroyed, the bugbear lets out a large bellow, a mix of anger and sadness. "Why Mr. Fancy Hat no tell me that pie splode?" he laments.
At the sight of the newcomers, Vardaal straightens. I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth. You have a more fancy hat than Mr. Fancy Hat...hmmmm...you is more fancy, ok you now Mr. Fancy Hat, he Mr. Not-so-Fancy Hat. Ok so someone is taking your water?" the bugbear says, his spirits lifted at the thought of a fight.

"Yes indeed. Someone, or something perhaps, cut our supplies from the local oasis. As you can see there is no much water around these parts.
I'm here to take you to the palace, to meet my lord Losadar"

he replies to both Kavac and Vardaal. The man looks at the jadite and the shifter eager to hear something from them, or so it seems.

RickRoll

First Post
The shifter looks around nervously at the attention the man is paying him, but quickly realizes that he has just shown up here with no introduction or explanation other than provided by the others. Frost looks up, saying "This is a nice looking place you have here. The natural world is so beautiful. I am Frost and I am here to see your water safely returned to you."

pathfinderq1

First Post
The woman in the dragon armor had been silent for the entire trip, though she seemed to be paying attention to what was going on around her, and from time to time she would glance at one or another of her new compatriots as if assessing them in some way. She managed the journey through the portal without any hint of unease, having recently made just such a journay to arrive in Daunton.

As they made their introductions, she took a ready stance behind Torqua- the space of a careful bodyguard. And only once all the other introductions were made did she step forward a careful pace (keeping her spear sloped back in a nonthreatening direction). She bowed, perhaps a fingerwidth more deeply than she had for Shuman. Her voice was steady and measured, attempting to convey proper respect without being too subservient. "I am Myoko Y'Dosani, called Littledrake. I am also honored to have been sent to assist you. If you are to take us to your lord, it would be our honor to make that journey at your convenience. The cool air of the night may be better for us to travel in than the heat of day..." With her first words spoken, she again stepped back into a wary ready stance.

OOC: Anybody have Nature as a trained skill? Any ritual casters? Anyone with serious ranged ability, besides the sorceress? Anyone besides Myoko have any healing ability?

Llama_Bill

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I have +4 for nature checks but that is about it. No rituals, ranged (except throwing hammers) or healing (except healing surges).[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"While I sure none of would dream of turning down your great lord's hospitality, in fact we are all quite humble to be meeting him, Myoto does have a point. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they call this area 'The Blazing Sands' because of how frighteningly hot it gets during the day, and I've heard little of anyone freezing to death in desert." Torqua explains as she follows the Visir, her weight causing her to sink into the sand a bit. She pauses for a moment to pick up a hand full of sand and studies it for a moment.

"However I must argee with Frost, the desert is quite beautiful at night." She adds as she releases her handful of sand, the wind taking it where it pleased. "Such tranquility."

OOC: Anybody have Nature as a trained skill? Any ritual casters? Anyone with serious ranged ability, besides the sorceress? Anyone besides Myoko have any healing ability?

OOC: I've got Nature and a dialy healing power.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases