Recruiting! In the Service of Cyre [4ed Eberron]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
[sblock=Renau1g] Good submission. Of course, your competition is Distracting Flare and his Warlord version on Oargev. A little note on back-story: the War has been going on since before you were born, so it is pretty much all you've ever known. Other than that, I like this beginning and the possible places it could go. It will be a hard choice to pick an Oargev.[/sblock]

We now have:
2 completed Oargevs, both leaders
2 completed Strikers
1 completed Defender

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=shaggyspellsword]Honestly, I think the character makes more sense as a fighter myself. Part of the reason for warden was that I feel it's mechanically a more solid class. :p

I'll remake Kraken as a fighter, as it fits much better with the setting.[/sblock]

yzard

First Post
DM: I've edited my original submission in place, but here are some items (lvl. 2-10) that I would be interested in:

2: Magic Tome +1
3: Eladrin Armor +1
4: Tooth of Chaos +1
5: Summoner's Tome +1
6: Magic Armor +2
7: Cloak of Resistance +2
8: Vicious Dagger
9: Amulet of False Life +2
10: Summoner's Tome +2

Dekana

Explorer
Okay, here's take two at Kraken, this time as a Fighter.

1. Archetype: Warforged Servant

2. Backstory:
For a being who was specifically created for bloodshed, Kraken, an earlier model warforged, has not seen very much combat. He was assigned to the front upon his creation, but he found himself most often tasked with menial labor - preparing earthworks and fortifications while the fleshy warriors would gain the glory for themselves. Kraken watched the battles from a distance until disaster finally struck and his batallion was destroyed on the open field. As he had been back at the fort at the time, Kraken survived. He was eventually reassigned back to the home front as a bodyguard.

3. Description:
Kraken is bulky and very heavy, as typical for warforged. What most distinguishes him are his eyebrows which are solid, protruding masses from his face. His arms are also slightly too long for his body's proportions - these "tentacles" are what he derives his name from. Initially, he had a strong jealously, and even anger, at the human warriors who relegated him to a noncombat role. But after months of slow, menial work, he began to understand that many subtle actions lead to the success of an army. Kraken overthinks matters and is slow to decisions. He often sees personal relationships as a military hierarchy, not yet having fully adjusted to his new job.

4. Character sheet:
[sblock=Kraken, Fighter 1]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Kraken, level 1
Warforged, Fighter
Fighter Talents: Battlerager Vigor

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 18 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 12
HP: 33 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +6, Intimidate +6, Endurance +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -2, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, History, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion, Stealth -2, Streetwise -1, Thievery -2

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Expertise (Hammer)

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Crushing Surge
Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
Fighter encounter 1: Shield Bash
Fighter daily 1: Comeback Strike

ITEMS
Chainmail, Warhammer, Heavy Shield, Backpack (empty), Flint and Steel, Pouch, Belt (empty), Sunrods (2), Rope, hempen (50 ft.)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
[/sblock]Please note that Battlerager Vigor received a fairly dramatic errata, so it doesn't function the way the (unupdated) character creator lists it. Details at http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMP.pdf.

5. Magic items:
Level 2: Belt of Vigor
Level 3: Warsoul Weapon +1, Warhammer (eberron)
Level 4: Adamantine Plating (eberron; I should have the prof. feat by then)
Level 5: Command Circlet (eberron)
Level 6: Throwing Shield
Level 7: Boots of the Fencing Master
Level 8: Warsoul Weapon +2, Craghammer (again, I plan on taking the prof. feat)
Level 9: Cloak of Distortion +2
Level 10: Antipathy Gloves

6. Paragon Path
Dreadnaught or Iron Vanguard.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
So we have:

3 complete strikers
1 complete controller
1 complete defender
2 complete leaders (both Oargevs!)

So that means, I will close recruiting Thursday at 9:30 pm eastern time, and post my final party decision on Friday sometime. Take this time to put finishing touches on your characters if they are not yet finished.

I hope to start the actual game early next week.

Last edited:

BarrelRider

First Post
Early stages of an alternate submission (so many strikers, I figured I'd hedge my bets).

1. Which Archetype do you match?
Dragonmarked Scion. Tyrstan is a dragonmarked member of House Lyrandar, and loyalty to that organization is his top priority at all times.

2. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) backstory about how you met Prince Oargev and entered his service.
Tyrstan began his service to House Lyrandar as a common sailor. He learned his way around the deck of an ship at an early age, and he eventually worked his way up to one of the House's most luxurious vessels, the Griffon's Grace. It was aboard the Grace that Tyrstan met Oargev, a passenger in transit from Cyre to a top secret diplomatic gathering.
Somehow, the top secret travel wasn't, and the Grace was attacked by Karnathi raiders. Tyrstan found himself defending the young prince, and in the midst of the battle his Dragonmark appeared, helping him to save Oargev. This swift and timely manifestation was seen as an important sign by the House's experts on the marks, and from that point on, Tyrstan has served as a presence of House Lyrander in the Cyran court, and a constant companion to Prince Oargev.

3. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) description (both physical and personality).
Tyrstan still carries himself as a sailor, with a long, rolling gait and an inner sense of stability beyond that of others. He wears his hair long, in a sailor's queue, and he favors loose clothing, rather than the constrictive formal wear expected in court. He is a bit of a free spirit, but he takes his duty to the House, and his protection of Oargev (and the trade contracts he represents) quite seriously. He is quick to anger, quick to act, and quick to jump to others' defense.

4. Character Sheet. Please either attach a Builder sheet or use the Summary format from character builder.
[sblock=CS]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Tyrstan d'Lyrandar, level 1
Half-Elf, Swordmage
Build: Shielding Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Background: Lyrandar Airship Sailor (+2 to Perception)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 10.

AC: 19 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Endurance +8, Athletics +5, History +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering -1, Heal -1, Insight +1, Intimidate +1, Nature -1, Perception +1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise +1, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Mark of Storm

POWERS
Dilettante: Magic Weapon
Swordmage at-will 1: Lightning Lure
Swordmage at-will 1: Frostwind Blade
Swordmage encounter 1: Lightning Clash
Swordmage daily 1: Dimensional Thunder

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Longsword, Adventurer's Kit, Dagger (4), Alchemical Reagents (Arcana) (10), Identification Papers, with Portrait, Travel Papers
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

[/sblock]
5. Magic items (level 2-10) you would be interested in seeing your PC obtain at some point. This locks you into nothing.
Level 2: Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +1
Level 3: Ornament of Alertness +1
Level 4: Stormbiter Warblade +1 Longsword
Level 5: Parry Gauntlets (Heroic Tier)
Level 6: Warded Vambraces (Heroic Tier)
Level 7: Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +2
Level 8: Cunning +2 Rapier (I'll have the proficiency by then)
Level 9: Boots of Striding (Heroic Tier)
Level 10: Periapt of Cascading Health +2

6. Which Paragon Path you’d maybe be interested in pursuing if the game makes it that far. This locks you in to nothing.
Still need to look at a few options, Lyrandar Windrider is an definite possibility, as is Ward Guardian.

Last edited:

Remove ads