Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder modules converted

hero4hire

Explorer
From what I have seen and heard Pathfinder puts out some quality adventures but my group is currently invested in 4e.

Has anyone converted Pathfinder modules into 4e. If so which ones and how well did they convert.

I want to see if it is worth it for me to buy some and use them in our 4e game.

bouncyhead

Explorer
Try

Tales from the Rusty Dragon

Conversion of Rise of the Runelords adventure path. Can't vouch for the quality of the conversion (4E's not my thing) but it looks pretty comprehensive. I'm running RotR for my group at the moment (using PFRG) and we're having fun with it.

Dannager

First Post
Hi, I run the above site.

I've also started a sister blog, Long Live Korvosa, that is doing the exact same thing for Curse of the Crimson Throne.

I'm in exactly your shoes, hero4hire - I love Paizo adventures and I love 4e, and unfortunately there is no official way to merge the two. I'm trying to go for the next best thing: a comprehensive, full conversion of adventure paths that make running Pathfinder adventures in 4e as easy as possible on the DM.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Try also Scott Bett's files on Paizo. He is one of the main proponents of 4e paizo.

Personally I don't care for 4e, but from other sources, what he does is good.

Dannager

First Post
Hey Scott, do you plan on trying to convert Council of Thieves? I was considering trying...
I don't convert an adventure path unless I'm actually running that converted adventure path in real life. I'm fortunate enough at the moment to have the time and the player base to run Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne concurrently. I'm maxed out right now, though. In an ideal world, I would have the chance to run and convert all of the major Paizo adventure paths (including Shackled City, Age of Worms and Savage Tide) while 4th Edition remains relevant. I don't see that happening, though. If I get the chance, I will run more adventure paths (and convert them) as time goes on. In all likelihood it will follow the release of the Pathfinder APs, though (Second Darkness would be next, followed by Legacy of Fire, Council of Thieves, etc.).

That said, if you'd like to give it a shot I'd be happy to help in whatever ways I can. A couple of other people have tried similar conversion blog projects for other APs, though I don't think any have made it past the first adventure yet. The hardest part is sticking with it.

Last edited:

Remove ads