A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=breath weapon]Conceptually, I can see the zone not causing damage to those already inside it (unless they move). Picture the sandstorm swirling around in a circle, but with a relatively calm area in the middle.
Besides, this fight is hard enough as it is. There's no need to make more difficult by adding in phrases to the monster's powers that aren't already there.[/sblock]

Jax digs into his resolve and endurance to find an extra burst of vitality. Still blinded, he backs away from the noise of the sand-dragon and stumbles into a pool of water. He tries to splash some of the water into his eyes to clear his vision, but there's just too much of the gunk to do that quickly.

[sblock=actions]Start of turn: take 5 damage from being adjacent to the breath zone. 13 / 33, bloodied

Standard: Second wind. Spend a surge and regain 8 hp, 21/32, no longer bloodied.

Move: Walk to R17. I'm not sure how deep the water is, but Jax dives in either way.

End of turn: Saving throw vs blinded (1d20=4). Failed.[/sblock][sblock=Jax stat block]Jax- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:21/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Conditions
Blinded. (save ends)
Second winded. +2 all defenses TSNT. (not reflected in above stats)

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge
Sneak in the Attack
Press the Advantage
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Breath Weapon - I read how Dekana does, it seem odd at first, but then the monster's a controller (IIRC) so it would use stuff like that.

Jax - when you say "dive in" is that dropping prone? [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=R1]I was about to say "hell no..." but sure, why not. Jax drops prone. He has the minor action to do it, and it might help if he gets breathed on again. He'll give up CA until he saves on the blind anyway.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I updated my previous post.

Also, is the dragon bloodied yet? If not, I don't see how we can win this fight. We're pretty much down to at-wills, right? We should start considering running away...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Pretty much down to at-wills? I think you all have your dailies left right? I see Avenging Flame, Press the Advantage for sure on you & Jax, Crag's still got his immobilizing encounter/daily power from his Guardian Form. I think Dorn's still got a bunch of resources as well.

I believe Dorn bloodied it, I'll have to check, but yeah that'd trigger another breath waepon.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Avenging Flame (fire damage) I'm assuming is worthless against this hot-sand breathing, desert-dwelling dragon... but didn't realize Jax still has his daily, that could make a big difference.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=daily]Well, sort of. Jax's daily only triggers if he bloodies an enemy (which Dorn might have already done), and it doesn't do a huge amount of damage anyway. I took it because I like bursty damage. ;)

As for running away... it's a dragon. I assume it can fly faster than any of us.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=daily]Well, sort of. Jax's daily only triggers if he bloodies an enemy (which Dorn might have already done), and it doesn't do a huge amount of damage anyway. I took it because I like bursty damage. ;)

As for running away... it's a dragon. I assume it can fly faster than any of us.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Oh well then, that's a pity. So we're basically down to Crag's "form" attack (which also will require a triggering attack and only does 1d8+4 damage), my probably useless fire attack, and at-wills... yikes. Any item powers or stuff like that?

Better hope none of the dragon's nastier powers recharge, and we start rolling some crits, and we start making our saving throws.

The dragon can only chase one of us if we run in separate directions... ;)[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Crag's powers] Crag still has Roots of Stone, which is kinda useless, as this fool is continuing to stay prone, but if he ever does stand up, he'll take another 14 damage and I'll use roots of Stone to knock him back down. He also still has Form of Winter's Herald Attack (which doesn't require a trigger, that was his old form) which can immobilize the dragon. Not a lot of damage, but at least if Jax ever gets unblinded we'll be able to give him his sneak attack. [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Crag's powers]Oh, I must have been looking at an old version of Crag - the link in your sig points to an old version maybe? (But Immobilize doesn't grant CA does it? Would still make it easier to flank.)

Also, to be clear I'm not saying things are hopeless and we should give in to despair. Just that it's looking fairly tough at this point...[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases