A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=Last One Standing]
All Hail the Warden, King of HP! Hopefully he'll have a better chance to shine later.

A little bit of backup healing would be great to have for a Warden, IMO. Gives more of the 'save the day' feel.

[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Etu, Ingus?] *sigh* All the work... none of the glory. Ah well. My only job is to make sure that you guys are safe...but I'm not doing very well at that, am I? I love how resilient my warforged is, but he's just not "sticky"... No matter, I guess, since we survived, but I just don't get that feeling of being a defender. Ultimate Survivor, yes; Ultimate Defender... not by a long shot, lol. Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp are kinda worthless when I can't keep the badguys near me... blargh!! [/sblock]

[sblock=Crag]I disagree. Crag held off one of the dragons for almost the entire fight. That seems like good tank work to me. Although, if you want more stickiness, I believe one of the warden at-wills inflicts a slowed condition. You could consider retraining to get it (probably keeping the temp hp one).

Talking about feeling useless, I didn't get to inflict sneak attack damage even once. :.-( I'm not much of a striker when everybody else consistently does more damage. I blame that on the slowed effect + flying though, since I couldn't move around to get flanking.[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=re:Crag] That's true, I was able to hold him off for 2 rounds. I should have stayed close to the group though, that way Rrek and I could mark 1 badguy and attack the other, forcing them to take the penalties of our marks/aegis, or move around everyone, taking Opportunity Attacks up the wazoo, lol. [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=Hard to defend...]
... when your defendee has a Fort of 12!

As it is, I made a big mistake, thinking the blast of the dragon was 2 when it was 3 - I could have avoided one of the breath attacks altogether by moving further west. Doh.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Crag]I disagree. Crag held off one of the dragons for almost the entire fight. That seems like good tank work to me. Although, if you want more stickiness, I believe one of the warden at-wills inflicts a slowed condition. You could consider retraining to get it (probably keeping the temp hp one).

Talking about feeling useless, I didn't get to inflict sneak attack damage even once. :.-( I'm not much of a striker when everybody else consistently does more damage. I blame that on the slowed effect + flying though, since I couldn't move around to get flanking.[/sblock]

[sblock=sneak attack]
You should have rolled it on your daily power, you were hidden therefore had CA. Ranged rogues are much more difficult to get CA with, at least without the Distant Advantage feat.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=R1]Sneak attack (2d6=9). Hah! Take 9 points of sneak attack to the eye, dead dragon! I was thinking about rolling sneak attack there actually, but I wasn't sure if I would still have cover after moving through the brush (and if I don't keep cover, I don't remain hidden). I figured you would let me know if it applied. :p[/sblock]ooc: As an aside, I love the posting rate so far. That was about the fastest pbp battle I've been in. Keep it up everyone!

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Posting Rate vs. Vacation]I guess this is a good time to mention, my posting rate will likely drop from Thursday thru Tuesday, as I'll be on vacation (in Hawaii! Yay!). I think I should have access to a computer, but just won't be near it very often.

I may end up asking someone else to post for me, depending on how it goes.

In fact, now that I think about it, I will probably not have access to a computer at all from Thursday through Friday night, so someone probably ought to post for me during that time. Then I will check in on Saturday.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Jealous DM = trouble ahead for Ingot ;) all kidding aside have a great time. I've never been, but only heard from people who've gone there how great it is.

I did expect this weekend to be slow going for those south of the border so no problem. Holidays do that. Although if all the fights against 2 level 4 elites go like this the adventure might be over in a couple weeks. I guess the difficulty dial needs to go up :devil:
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases