A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]What the hell, let's stand and fight. Everyone hide behind Crag since it seems he'll be retired after this adventure anyhow. :D

Also, if the dragon is an elite and not a full-on solo, that gives me a little more confidence in our chances.[/sblock]

Ingot looks over to Crag. "This must be what Terra sent him for," it says aloud. "To stand and fight this foe. Well, I will stand with him!"

duhexenhase

First Post
Meepo looked over his wounded friends and wounded self. His mind was still a bit rattled from all of that mental screaming the wraith was doing. He didn't like having a throbbing headache. It was interfering with his thinking. "Guys, relax. I got a plan! Let's get this sucker!"

He didn't mean it was a good plan.

[sblock=ooc]
I want to delay til everyone is in range of the dragon to make an OA, then I'm gonna do Diabloic Strategem. My daily requires someone to drop, and I still haven't gotten a good shot at my encounter.

guess I didn't make my char as good as I could have.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Meepo]
Just so you know you will delay until after the dragon, so essentially you'd lose out on this round's actions. [/sblock]

duhexenhase

First Post
In that case.

[sblock=actions]
standard: healing for jax (1d6=6)
[/sblock]

The battle looked grim, but there was still lots that could be done; namely words of encouragement to Jax. "Fellow 'bold, at least we out number it five to one. Those are good odds! We fight best with numbers on their side."

[sblock=stats]
Sorry it's not complete - info is on other computer.

HP 17
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Meepo]TY for the healing!

You can also attack in this turn if you'd like to. Your healing is only a minor action, so you still have a standard action (most attacks) and a move action left. I think one of the wraiths is still alive, and the big dragon of course.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Meepo]I'd advice attacking the wraith, we can take him out faster. Fewer enemies = fewer attacks against us.

I believe Ingot is adjacent to it if you want to use Commanding Strike or whatever that is that grants an ally an attack.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Dorn recoils from the Wraith's psychic onslaught. Come on, Dorn - don't forget you are half orc.

"Hang in there, Meepo- this is almost over!" Dorn tries to conjure his lightning again, but it fizzles pathetically I just hope it isn't over for us...

Undaunted, Ingot pushes its way through the rubble to reach the wraith. "There is no escape for you!" it says. But belying its words, the creature dodges and its blade strikes only stone with a thunderous crash. "Meepo! Vulkar bolsters you!" it prays.

Ingot and Meepo may be having some trouble finishing off their wraith, but the other kobold-warforged duo continue their beatdown. Crag and Jax charge at the wraith as it flees, splitting up halfway down the corridor. They meet up on opposite sides of the aberration and slash it into several pieces.

Jax's head pounds from the psychic assaults, and he nearly collapses along with the wraith. Crag, on the the other hand, limmediately turns toward the remaining enemy and points his sword at it menacingly.

As Jax's blade pierces the wraith, it dissipates into a reddish light that streaks towards Veneficus, striking him square in the chest.

The wizard screams and falls to his knees; his hands clutch his head in pain. Then his right hand stretches grotesquely and begins to bubble with rocky outcroppings, transforming within moments into a hardened rock exterior. Two protrusions sprout from his back, unfurling into wings, and his neck extends as his face contorts in pain. A large tail stretches out of his lower back and his face grows longer and more...draconic. When the transformation is complete, the dragon rests on four powerful legs, his eyes aglow with a white luminescence. He smiles wickedly. "Fools! The staff is mine,” he hisses. "Once you are gone I will free my brethren and we shall destroy this world of yours!" it laughs and suddenly the very ground around it starts to quake.
[sblock=Dragon]
37.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so death of Wraith 1 triggers this transformation. Takes up I/J 4/5

Young Earthquake Dragon
HP 122; Bloodied 61
AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 17; Will 15
Darkvision, Tremorsense 10
[/sblock]

The battle looked grim, but there was still lots that could be done; namely words of encouragement to Jax. "Fellow 'bold, at least we out number it five to one. Those are good odds! We fight best with numbers on their side. Take a swing Ingot, you can do it", but the warforged's blade goes through the wraith without effect.

[sblock=OOC]
commander's Strike (1d20+9=10, 1d12+7=10) sorry :(
I moved Meepo to I0 to spread everyone out as all of you are aware of dragon's and breath weapons.
[/sblock]

The wraith appears to be disrupted by the appearance of the dragon and his arms miss Ingot by a wide margin as it attempts to grab the warforged.

The dragon's head swings from Crag to Ingot and back again. "Servant of Terra! I shall show you your folly!" it bellows, the teeth moving to snap at Crag, but the earth itself rises to block the beast. It growls in rage and moves towards Ingot as the earth begins roiling all around the creature, it seems locked in a battle with more than just you.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Wraith 27 - attacks Ingot - vs ac (ingot); dmg (1d20+10=11, 1d6+5=9) two natural 1's in a row? Glad this isn't one of my PC's... :confused:
1d20=13 save

Dragon - Earthen Maw on Crag - vs ref (crag); dmg (1d20+9=10, 2d10+4=11) lol.... really? three nat 1's now?
No Action: Rising Tremors - aura expands to 3
Move: to current spot
1d6=2 fails to recharge power

Aura - When any enemy within the aura makes an attack that does not include the dragon as a target, that enemy falls prone and takes 5 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]
Young Earthquake Dragon
HP 122; Bloodied 61
AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 17; Will 15
Darkvision, Tremorsense 10

Flamespiker
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 19; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 14
Immune disease; petrification; poison; Resist 10 fire

"Wraith"
HP 55; Bloodied 27
AC 18; Fortitude 15; Reflex 15; Will 17
Immune gaze
Blindsight
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Jax : 24/33 - 0/9 surges
Dorn: 14/32 - Repulsion Armor active +5 thp
Crag: 41/56
Ingot: 20/37 -
Meepo: 17/27 -
Flamespiker 1: 9/48 -
Flamespiker 2: 48/48 <- wowzers
Flamespiker 3: 48/48
Wraith 1: 23/55 - marked (Crag)
Wraith 27: 46/55 -
Dragon - 122/122
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 102

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc/strategy]Damn, it would have been nice to drop that second wraith.

Does it make sense to continue to focus fire on it? Due to the dragon's aura it will be something of a pain... but if we don't focus fire it will be hard to take out due to its regeneration (I think it's regenerating?) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases