A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]"Meliar"? I trust someone with that name completely!

I don't recall meeting this person before. Have we met with a Meliar during the adventure? I remember "Balor" the dwarf (and his dog)...[/sblock]
Jax breathes a deep sigh of relief. Then, he cheerfully exclaims "I'm not dead!" He lets out a long howl in triumph. "Yahooooooooo!!!! Oh, but the shadow is still here. Let's be off quickly! We'll ransack everything. And then we go. Come on: quick, quick!"

The rogue goes to Veneficus's corpse and starts poking at him... feeling for signs of life maybe? No, more like frisking him for valuables. Jax points to the staff. "Crag, did you want that?" He lifts the mud-staff and tosses it to the warden.

renau1g

First Post
Crag catches the staff, this time even more intent on keeping it out of harm's way.

[sblock=ooc]
Wow! I totally didn't realize that Meliar is Me Liar... doh!

This was intended to be the kernal for a follow up adventure. Still want to keep it open just in case.

Everyone's Wish Lists up-to-date?
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=wishlist]I haven't updated mine in awhile. I'll take a look at it a little later tonight.

I recall that Jax's wealth is slightly skewed; he has two level 2 items.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group searches the area quickly and Jax's keen koboldian instincts turn up a hidden cache of items in what must have been the temple's vault. There seems to be something useful for everyone, as well as some nice "shinies" for everyone.

Crag departs shortly after the group exits the temple saying he must find someone to close the staff and Meepo looks for somewhere to build his hoard.

There are still mysteries left unsolved, what organization did Veneficus and/or Ezren work for, what dangers still exist for Daunton, who would want to release the creature trapped in the staff? Perhaps time will tell...

[sblock=Reward Time!]
Ok, so apparently I should've awarded xp sooner.

XP Summary:

XP for Ingot/Dorn - 2438
XP for Crag - 1750 <- no time xp for disappearing
XP for Jax - 2322
XP for Meepo - 1857 <- played until 5 month mark and let me know he was leaving

DM Credits - renau1g 11

This will bring Ingot/Dorn to level 5 and Jax to level 4.

Treasure:
Jax:
Gauntlets of Blood & Mercurial Mind Boon - 600 gp (incl time gold)

Ingot:
Flame Bracers & Healer's Brooch +1 - 850 gp (incl time gold)

Dorn:
Goblin Stompers & Cloak of Distortion - 850 gp (incl time gold)

Crag:
Lifefont Hide Armor +1 & 100 gp

Meepo:
+1 Whip & +1 Amulet of Protection & 450 gp (incl time gold)

[/sblock]

Attachments

• SImple Errand.xls
    61 KB · Views: 225

Dekana

Explorer
Jax has been feeling strangely ever since he was drenched in the spray of dragon's blood. As he walks to the treasure cache, he notices his steps are noticeably more precise - more exacting. It's almost as if he can sense the most stable piece of earth to step on without having to look. Perhaps the dragon's blood awakened something deep within his own? He decides to investigate this further... but not now. Even if he did gain some new power, he is far too tired to make use of it at present.

Jax quickly extracts a rusty set of gauntlets (apparently drenched with blood) and a portion of the coin stockpile. He must be weary indeed, as the share of the gold he appoints to himself is not quite as much as those claimed by his companions.

"Okay, I'm set. Heh, and I'm even in a good mood! Hey, let's set that halfling free, maybe? Besides, filing a police report is... er... not for me."

[sblock=ooc]Wow, that's a lot of xp.

R1, it's been an excellent game. Thanks very much for having us - and for not killing us.

Everyone else, it was fun! Great teamwork all around. My thanks to Crag for being a melee partner for Jax a lot of the time. ;)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=xp]
Ok, so apparently I should've awarded xp sooner.

XP Summary:

XP for Ingot/Dorn - 2438
XP for Crag - 1750 <- no time xp for disappearing
XP for Jax - 2322
XP for Meepo - 1857 <- played until 5 month mark and let me know he was leaving

DM Credits - renau1g 11

This will bring Ingot/Dorn to level 5 and Jax to level 4.

Treasure:
Jax:
Gauntlets of Blood & Mercurial Mind Boon - 600 gp (incl time gold)

Ingot:
Flame Bracers & Healer's Brooch +1 - 850 gp (incl time gold)

Dorn:
Goblin Stompers & Cloak of Distortion - 850 gp (incl time gold)

Crag:
Lifefont Hide Armor +1 & 100 gp

Meepo:
+1 Whip & +1 Amulet of Protection & 450 gp (incl time gold)
[/sblock]

ooc: Approved!

ryryguy

First Post
After helping tend to the others' wounds, Ingot cleans its blade and armor. The mud and earth has made quite a mess but with judicious application of acid drips from its blade, it is able to get them to a decent level of cleanliness after a little while.

It wishes Crag luck in his continuing quest with the staff. "Please, do not hesitate to call on me for help if you need it," it tells him, and salutes with its blade as the other warforged departs.

Ingot thanks Jax politely for its split of the treasure, pinning a battered brooch to its chest and sliding oddly warm bracers over its forearms. "Yes, I agree about the halfling," it says. "Let's return to Daunton and the tavern. I think I desire to try another drink..."

[sblock=ooc]Thanks for the adventure, renau1g! It was lots of fun. That last battle was pretty intense, how nasty to spring a dragon on us like that!

Too bad Kalidrev had to up and disappear, it would have been interesting to continue... Ah well. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases