A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]I forgot, I was going to offer to run Meepo if you'd like me to. (Not sure what powers he's used this fight though.) [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax bolts to the other side of the room. He feels marginally safer when he puts a rock wall between himself and the dragon - enough so to throw his dagger in an attack, even! Still, his nerves are seriously frazzled. Jax's dagger passes harmlessly over the dragon's hindquarters, and his nervous shaking gives away any hiding position he might have had.

Crag, undeterred by the savage bite he just received, maneuvers to back up Dorn against the dragon. He slashes along its side as he moves into position, tearing off a chunk of hardened scales.

[sblock=Combined actions]Okay, I think that will about do it for Jax. He'll nonchalantly start circling to the exit... well, or at least to somewhere he can use ranged attacks from.

Jax
Move: walk to F10

Minor: Shifty to F11. He has superior cover in this spot, as I measure it. Stealth 14 vs passive perception of enemies. (probably fails against the dragon)

Standard: Ranged basic vs Dragon misses AC 18. (forgot to subtract 5 from the roll for superior cover)

Crag

Move: walk to H4, moving to avoid OAs of course.

Standard: Strength of Stone vs Dragon hits AC 21 for 11 damage, and Crag gains 5 THP.

Free: mark dragon if needed.[/sblock]
[sblock=Crag's Stats][http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Crag_(Kalidrev) Crag] - Warforged Warden 3
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 21, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
HP 29/56 + 5 THP, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 9/14
Speed 6, Initiative +1

Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Strength of Stone
Earth Shield Strike
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warforged Resolve
Form of the Winter's Herald (Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

[/sblock][sblock=Jax's Stats]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:24/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:0/9
Initiative +5

Conditions

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge
Sneak in the Attack
Press the Advantage
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn steps behind Crag (Move to E4) and sends lightning at the dragon. He misses it by mere inches (Lightning Strike misses by one. Drat.)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 3
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 14/32, +5TMP Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Fire (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)
Repulsion Armor Activated
Bloodied
+1 AC from even roll start of turn
holding potion

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Ice Javelins
USED Deep Shroud
USED Deathstalker Dagger
USED Repulsion Leather Armor

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Meepo]
I also am unsure of his available powers. I know he has his encounter power left and I believe his AP. Not sure about his daily. [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Meepo]I don't think he's used his daily since none of us has been knocked down to zero hit points... yet. :)

Also, I assume you are saying yes to having me NPC him, I'll go ahead and do that now. Hmm, seems like he doesn't need to heal anybody just quite yet...[/sblock]

Ingot keeps up its assault on the wraith-thing, but misses. Again the tremors knock it off its feet but again it scrambles back up again quickly.

"Crag! Hit it again NOW!" Meepo screeches. The warforged swings his sword again, but this time the dragon's scales turn the blow. The kobold skitters forward a couple of steps.

[sblock=Combined Actions]Ingot
Standard: Righteous Brand vs. Wraith (1d20+9=11, 1d12+5=9) Doh. Falls prone.
Move: Stand up.

Meepo
Standard: Meepo's commander's strike granted to Crag vs dragon (1d20+9=15, 1d8+5+3=12) Miss.
Move: to G0 (so he's within 5 squares of Ingot, just in case.)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:20/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left: 6/9
Initiative 0
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 2, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand,
Healing Word(x2)
Healing Strike, Split the Sky, Warforged Resolve, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead)
Avenging Flame, Armor of Faith
Acidic Fullblade, Acidic Fullblade
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So...quick question for you guys. I'd hate to do this, but with 2 members gone, would you rather I wrap it up and get you guys back to the tavern so with the trio of adventures starting up you can get up with another group? I can't run a follow-up to this one, although I had the intention of doing it....

Let me know and we can go either way.

Oh... and MM3 monsters are way more deadly than previous monsters.
[/sblock]

Jax bolts to the other side of the room. He feels marginally safer when he puts a rock wall between himself and the dragon - enough so to throw his dagger in an attack, even! Still, his nerves are seriously frazzled. Jax's dagger passes harmlessly over the dragon's hindquarters, and his nervous shaking gives away any hiding position he might have had.

Crag, undeterred by the savage bite he just received, maneuvers to back up Dorn against the dragon. He slashes along its side as he moves into position, tearing off a chunk of hardened scales.

Dorn steps behind Crag and sends lightning at the dragon. He misses it by mere inches

Ingot keeps up its assault on the wraith-thing, but misses. Again the tremors knock it off its feet but again it scrambles back up again quickly.

"Crag! Hit it again NOW!" Meepo screeches. The warforged swings his sword again, but this time the dragon's scales turn the blow. The kobold skitters forward a couple of steps.

As the dragon roars in pain from the assault of Crag, the ground explodes outwards as sharp projectiles fly everywhere, Meepo's small size protects him, but the other heroes are less fortunate. The dragon then jumps onto Crag and nearly tears the warforged apart.

The wraith sees that the dragon is far more dangerous to it than expected and phases through the floor, escaping the situation.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Dragon - No action - Rising Tremors - Rising Tremors - vs ref; Dorn, Meepo, Crag, Ingot, Wraith (1d20+7=19, 1d20+7=10, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=10) hits Dorn, Crag, & Ingot for damage (3d8+5=14) & knock prone

Double attacks Crag - double attack (1d20+11=28, 2d6+4=7, 1d20+11=24, 2d6+4=11) hits twice for 18

Aura - When any enemy within the aura makes an attack that does not include the dragon as a target, that enemy falls prone and takes 5 damage.

Wraith 27 - retreats after the attack
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]
Young Earthquake Dragon
HP 122; Bloodied 61
AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 17; Will 15
Darkvision, Tremorsense 10

Flamespiker
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 19; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 14
Immune disease; petrification; poison; Resist 10 fire

"Wraith"
HP 55; Bloodied 27
AC 18; Fortitude 15; Reflex 15; Will 17
Immune gaze
Blindsight
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Jax : 24/33 - 0/9 surges
Dorn: 5/32 - Repulsion Armor active , prone
Crag: 1/56 - prone
Ingot: 6/37 - prone
Meepo: 17/27 -
Flamespiker 1: 9/48 -
Flamespiker 2: 48/48
Flamespiker 3: 48/48
Wraith 1: 23/55 - marked (Crag)
Wraith 27: 38/55 -
Dragon - 95/122
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 99

Dekana

Explorer
(You can quote R1's post to see what's in the sblocks until they get fixed.)

re: ooc
I'm not sure that there will be anything left to wrap up after this fight! But if we do survive, I'm game for continuing. Too bad about Meepo, though. My dreams of an all-kobold party have been dashed.

This may seem like a TPK in the making, but I think we're still in the fight. Now we don't have to worry about the wraith. If Crag can keep the dragon's attention (and that will be absolutely key), I think he can stay alive long enough for us to kill the dragon (or at least force it to flee). Second Wind and his warforged racial ability will keep him alive at least one round. I think Meepo has some healing left also, and Jax has a potion of healing he can give to Crag. I'd say, if the dragon stays on Crag, we have 3 or 4 rounds.

Can we do the deed in that time? And can Crag actually be threatening?

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Meepo still has both heals I'm pretty sure, and Ingot has healing strike (which does have to hit to work).

I'm waiting for Crag's turn so he can activate warforged resilience while still bloodied (before healing him up).[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Crag lies motionless in the pile of debris. The continuing sounds of battle echo distantly as if he were deep underwater. His limbs legs twitch involuntarily; his sight wanders listlessly across the dark ceiling; his sword hangs loosely in his grip, where it will remain forever. The nothingness has come to claim him once more. Why can't he fight against it?

Were those years in the guard for nothing? All that time, I was searching. For what? Who am I? How can this dream end before I find out? ... How can Terra abandon me? Crag's eyes jolt open! No, not abandoned! The screams of pain from his allies, the whooshing of Meepo's whip, the stomping of the dragon's claws as it approaches for the killing blow - they crash against the warforged all at once. He tightly grips his sword and rises to his feet. The shattered blocks of earth float up with him, adhering solidly to his chest like a new suit of adamantine armor. It may have taken every ounce of his will, but Terra is still his ally - not the dragon's!

Crag stands tall, apparently unharmed by the horrendous damage he just suffered. Defiantly, he says "Is that all you've got?"

Jax emerges from his hiding place covered in the shards of stone, but unscathed. He figures the battle is lost when he sees his allies (with the exception of his scalebrother) lying on the ground in pools of blood and... warforged... juice. But one-by-one they rise to their feet: even Crag who suffered the earthquake attack as well as the pair of bites. Jax may have been spared death just a moment ago, but he is not a complete idiot - only immediate, decisive action will save the day.

The rogue leaves his safety-corner behind and leaps into melee once again. He can't quite move into a flanking position, but Crag's one-liner is distraction enough. Jax pierces into the dragon's forelimb, causing a spray of blood that immediately drenches the kobold, and then retreats a few paces behind a lump of rubble.

[sblock=Combined actions]Grr, making me walk all the way back from my hiding place.

Crag
Move: Stand.

Minor: Warforged Resolve. Crag is now at 5/56 hp + 9 THP.

Standard: Second Wind. Crag is now at 19/56 hp + 9 THP, 8/14 surges, and +2 to all defenses TSNT.

Free: mark dragon if needed.

Jax

Move: Walk to I7.

Standard: Clever Strike vs Dragon hits AC 31 for 24 damage.

Minor: Shifty to J7.[/sblock]
[sblock=Crag's Stats][http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Crag_(Kalidrev) Crag] - Warforged Warden 3
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 23, Fort 20, Reflex 16, Will 16
HP 19/56 + 9 THP, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 8/14
Speed 6, Initiative +1

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Strength of Stone
Earth Shield Strike
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warforged Resolve
Form of the Winter's Herald (Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

[/sblock][sblock=Jax's Stats]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:24/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:0/9
Initiative +5

Conditions

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge